Trading - Spread Betting - Stocks - Shares

VENI VIDI VICI

• 2 months later...

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=GOOG

Google up 284% last 5 years, they are constantly acquiring other businesses aswell, strong financials, sure thing im

Sure thing for who? Their shares are 1k upwards. Good luck with that.

Only 700 in English

I agree it's hardly a great investment but better return over the last yr than keepin it in the bank

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

yo, how come I'm reading Google's stock price is $555, looking at historical prices being around the same (no more than 50+) - yet I recall news stories of prices hitting $1000 (around this time last year)

what exactly is happening here?

edit: ohh they split the stock into GOOG and GOOGL (Class C and A), didn't know that sort of thing effected historical values

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Very well.

I read back this thread earlier this year and whilst everything I said I still stand by, I do think I was a bit naive in thinking everyone could become a developer. You really need to have a passion for it first and foremost.

But if you like it. You can succeed in this industry one way or another. Regardless of how smart you are. How old you are. What your background is. Etc. Etc.

To elaborate. There are levels to this as with anything else.

Just cos you're not Lionel messi doesn't mean you can't make 2 bags a week playing for Scunthorpe United.

• Upvote 2

Anyone do after hours trading?

Some silly profits to be made on that.

1 stock went up 600% overnight last week.

Do you trade?

My bro got me involved in some stock a few years back. Never really monitored it post signing up. Wonder what it's worth now.

Just don't end up like this guy..

A trader started a GoFundMe page to pay back $100,000 to E-Trade after a disastrous short

gofundme.png

A day trader in Arizona has started a GoFundMe page asking fellow traders to help him pay off a $100,000 debt to E-Trade after a disastrous short bet on a biotech stock.

Joe Campbell, a 32-year-old small-business owner from Gilbert, Arizona, created the page after a huge loss on KaloBios Pharmaceuticals.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/joe-campbell-gofundme-page-for-e-trade-2015-11?r=US&IR=T

Do you trade?

My bro got me involved in some stock a few years back. Never really monitored it post signing up. Wonder what it's worth now.

Yeah, I've got a 17 stock portfolio I've had since end of August, up nearly 1.5k

141o949.jpg

How much your bro put on that stock?

You should check it.

Amazon my best stock, up over 40% in 3 months.

Martinez, shorting is a madness, basically gambling, wouldn't get involved in that.

• Upvote 1

Do you trade?

Yeah, I've got a 17 stock portfolio I've had since end of August, up nearly 1.5k

141o949.jpg

How much your bro put on that stock?

You should check it.

Amazon my best stock, up over 40% in 3 months.

Martinez, shorting is a madness, basically gambling, wouldn't get involved in that.

it was like £2 bills. 

Nice, i need to get involved again.  only thing I hated about the one I used was iii (interactive investor) or something. Found it a bit of a hassle to manage

Very well.

I read back this thread earlier this year and whilst everything I said I still stand by, I do think I was a bit naive in thinking everyone could become a developer. You really need to have a passion for it first and foremost.

But if you like it. You can succeed in this industry one way or another. Regardless of how smart you are. How old you are. What your background is. Etc. Etc.

To elaborate. There are levels to this as with anything else.

Just cos you're not Lionel messi doesn't mean you can't make 2 bags a week playing for Scunthorpe United.

You don't need a passion for it. I don't and I'm one of the best mobile app devs most people I've met have met (and I've worked on apps that have hit the top of several charts and been featured on app stores).

You just need the capacity for it and a bit of drive (which I get from the fact that I know it pays me well).

Many people don't have the capacity for it.

There are many sh*t devs out there getting paid though.