Trading - Spread Betting - Stocks - Shares

VENI VIDI VICI

Guest M12 Part 2

my only advice is unless you have more than a bag to put into 1 share you should be spreadbetting and not trading shares.

Do your own research though and see what you feel more comfortable with.

/

High risk shares are exactly that, you can double or triple your money in a few days for example if a small oil company has a big find but same way the share price could halve if theres bad news.

The way I tend to invest is to have a portfolio mainly made up of things that are medium risk that i think can put on 20-30% within a year and then a few small things that im hoping will double and triple.

It all depends on your tolerance to risk though. If you want to double your money. you have to accept theres a chance you could lose half or close to all of it and dont get scared by the market swings. Smaller shares are very volatile. It could lose 20% in one day for no real reason and then put on 40% a month later. Most people dont have the nerve to sit through the 20% drop. So trade out at -20% then get pissed when it flies back up.

At the same time though. Theres no what goes down must come back up rules as many people think. Just because a share was once worth £5 and its now worth 50p doesnt meant it will make its way back to £5 at some point, In fact it s probably more likely it will hit £0.

/

The best tthing to do though is read stuff. Learn how to read income statements and balance sheets. Read previous market reports and market forecasts. For example if the price of oil is forecast to reach a new high. If that does happen, profits for oil companies will rise even if they are still producing the same amount of oil as last year. So its a good idea to invest in some oil companies, Or forecasts that housing prices or mortgage approvals will carry on falling mean that housebuilders will be under-valued. If your brave enough to bet against this, then you can get in while the shares are cheap and if the housing market does pick up against expectations you will make a killing.

• Upvote 1

Some girl I know wants to start a cake making business she already shots cakes (wedding, bday etc) and is good at it, me and a friend have already talked about investing in shares when she decides to make it a business. I just wanted views on anyone who has invested in a business from ground up esp a business owned by either friends or people you know personally.

how did this go? my cousin does this, and it's worked out so well for her.

although its run in brasil

my only advice is unless you have more than a bag to put into 1 share you should be spreadbetting and not trading shares.

Do your own research though and see what you feel more comfortable with.

/

High risk shares are exactly that, you can double or triple your money in a few days for example if a small oil company has a big find but same way the share price could halve if theres bad news.

The way I tend to invest is to have a portfolio mainly made up of things that are medium risk that i think can put on 20-30% within a year and then a few small things that im hoping will double and triple.

It all depends on your tolerance to risk though. If you want to double your money. you have to accept theres a chance you could lose half or close to all of it and dont get scared by the market swings. Smaller shares are very volatile. It could lose 20% in one day for no real reason and then put on 40% a month later. Most people dont have the nerve to sit through the 20% drop. So trade out at -20% then get pissed when it flies back up.

At the same time though. Theres no what goes down must come back up rules as many people think. Just because a share was once worth £5 and its now worth 50p doesnt meant it will make its way back to £5 at some point, In fact it s probably more likely it will hit £0.

/

The best tthing to do though is read stuff. Learn how to read income statements and balance sheets. Read previous market reports and market forecasts. For example if the price of oil is forecast to reach a new high. If that does happen, profits for oil companies will rise even if they are still producing the same amount of oil as last year. So its a good idea to invest in some oil companies, Or forecasts that housing prices or mortgage approvals will carry on falling mean that housebuilders will be under-valued. If your brave enough to bet against this, then you can get in while the shares are cheap and if the housing market does pick up against expectations you will make a killing.

iam looking to play with a bag exactly, but when am i likely to see some decent returns if i put all in something high risk?

Guest M12 Part 2

thats the thing it could be tommorrow it could be in two years. It could be never.

/

Its a big risk putting all your eggs in one basket though, theres a fine line between gambling and investing. You sound like your doing the 1st

• 7 months later...

stockcharts.com is your friend

learn about technical and the other analysis types

dow theory

then just go in websites like independent, guardian and read up on their guides and downoad the pdfs they have to offer

a background in economics/accounting and finance would help

make sure you watch the news

/

just put 1000 into some closed end investment fund investing in various securities within the Chinese economy, hopefully this guy does us all good, the investment company has 13 years of experience in the game and in China, wanna buy a Beema this year

typical black man idiocy. just stick to improving your piano game

lol beema u know

i only made like 250 off that FCSS fund

all hail venom

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

ASOS 30/04/2008

In these troubled times for the retail sector, internet-based fashion retailer ASOS, originally recommended here at 7p in 2004, continues to confound expectations.

The Asos share price reached a record high of £33.55 on Wednesday after it reported a 37% increase in sales for the quarter ending in February.

Commenting on the results, Chief Executive Nick Robertson noted that the ‘shift to the internet is stronger’ than the impact of the economic downturn.

Can you imagine...

doesn't have to be

I've dabbled in a lot of bits in my time, from the entertainment industry to the corporate world, but nothing compares to the developers world.

no discrimination. no entry barriers. no(limited - there's always) politics.

imo anyone can learn as well. sit your ass down for 3 months. html/css/js/ruby-rails and you'll get your first job.