Premier League Week 30 Topic

Admin.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pressure Pressure Pressure.................1997-98 season anyone?
Been saying that since the Newcastle/Inter matches. Not looking good.Lacking the Roy Keane type leader to tell these pansys what's good. Or we need Hargreaves or someone who gets stuck in and everyone can see as an example.
I see Fletcher and Carrick being are CM pairing from now on

Did anyone see Fergie's rant today?He deadded Rafa tbf but still:

“I was amazed when I saw that,” Ferguson said of Benitez’s claims, made after Liverpool’s 4-1 win at Old Trafford. “I talked to some of the people in the sports technology department and said: “Check that out’. I am sure I have not spent that much.”Ferguson has a point. The substantial question mark about Benitez surrounds his turnover of players and he has actually spent over £200m gross on players since he arrived at Anfield in 2004, against the £146m Ferguson has laid out on his 18 acquisitions.Cutting straight to a perceived weakness in Benitez, he ridiculed the number of players the Spaniard has brought in.“The most amazing fact about them is they have used 60 players in the reserves this season,” he said and threw in another grenade on the issue of Benitez’s foreign contingent and the absence of players developed by Liverpool’s Academy, an issue that lies behind the Spaniard’s demands for control of it.“We have signed 18 players in the last five years. Eight of them are young players and there is a balance about doing things correctly,” Ferguson said.“We like to do develop our young players, but other clubs are maybe different. Rafa has a different philosophy from me about producing players, but that is the great thing about football everyone has a different way of doing things, but I worked out that inthe last five years Liverpool have spent £24m more than Manchester United.”
some of it is jokes :D

Keepers: 1 Jerzy Dudek 20 Scott Carson 22 Chris Kirkland 29 Patrice Luzi Bernardi Defenders:2 Stephane Henchoz 4 Sami Hyypia 12 Mauricio Pellegrino 17 Gonzalez Josemi 21 Djimi Traore 23 Jamie Carragher 31 David Raven 36 Jon Otsemobor 37 Zak Whitbread Midfielders:3 Steve Finnan 6 John Arne Riise 7 Harry Kewell 8 Steven Gerrard 10 Sanz Luis Garcia 11 Vladimir Smicer 14 Xabi Alonso 16 Dietmar Hamann 18 Antonio Nunez 25 Igor Biscan 26 Richie Partridge 28 Stephen Warnock 34 Darren Potter 41 Mark Smyth 42 Robbie Foy Strikers:5 Milan Baros 9 Djibril Cisse 19 Fernando Morientes 24 Florent Sinama Pongolle 33 Neil MellorWas our squad thoughSNM

Fletcher and Carrick pairing will hopefully be what's needed to steady our CM. Anderson, Giggs, Scholes are too weak. I heard Ronaldo was tracking back today, more of that please.If Evra needs a break then give Fabio a start and O'Shea out and Neville in please. Hopefully Rafael will be back too, any ideas when Wes is back?Plus I think this chopping and changing is backfiring now, he needs consistency. But still gladly Tevez will start now, need some Carlito energy.

Did anyone see Fergie's rant today?He deadded Rafa tbf but still:
“I was amazed when I saw that,” Ferguson said of Benitez’s claims, made after Liverpool’s 4-1 win at Old Trafford. “I talked to some of the people in the sports technology department and said: “Check that out’. I am sure I have not spent that much.”Ferguson has a point. The substantial question mark about Benitez surrounds his turnover of players and he has actually spent over £200m gross on players since he arrived at Anfield in 2004, against the £146m Ferguson has laid out on his 18 acquisitions.Cutting straight to a perceived weakness in Benitez, he ridiculed the number of players the Spaniard has brought in.“The most amazing fact about them is they have used 60 players in the reserves this season,” he said and threw in another grenade on the issue of Benitez’s foreign contingent and the absence of players developed by Liverpool’s Academy, an issue that lies behind the Spaniard’s demands for control of it.“We have signed 18 players in the last five years. Eight of them are young players and there is a balance about doing things correctly,” Ferguson said.“We like to do develop our young players, but other clubs are maybe different. Rafa has a different philosophy from me about producing players, but that is the great thing about football everyone has a different way of doing things, but I worked out that inthe last five years Liverpool have spent £24m more than Manchester United.”
some of it is jokes :D
this was in the times apparently, which is true this or fergie i do not know
Facts in figures£221.95m: Manchester United’s gross spend on transfers (£147.90 million net) since June 2004, when Rafael Benítez was appointed Liverpool manager, up to and including January 2009 transfer window£212.60m: Liverpool’s spending (£111.39 million net) during same period