Wolverine: X-Men Origins

pyrouk

dunno why people are basing what theyv seen on the shittest leaked copy iv seen wires still intact no cgi nothing, actual film is serious the press screening i went to near enough everyone gave it around of applause....................press people are usually miserable bastads who never clap or laugh at anything.
the story is sh*taction scenes can't save a really really sh*t story
Gambit and Deadpool are the only characters that really shine...
not at allthere's no character development at all so i dunno how any one could come to that conclusion

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno why people are basing what theyv seen on the shittest leaked copy iv seen wires still intact no cgi nothing, actual film is serious the press screening i went to near enough everyone gave it around of applause....................press people are usually miserable bastads who never clap or laugh at anything.
not at allthere's no character development at all so i dunno how any one could come to that conclusion
Nail on head, the character introductions were lame as hell. Like a random scene would introduce the chracters..e.g. Gambit randomly playing poker after being mentioned once. Cyclops had like 2 scenes, and he's on the poster like he was hopping out and about saving people. With a superhero movie, no matter what people say, the boundaries must always be drawn between hero and villain, this movie blurred the line and took away a huge part of what would have made it decent. Add all this to the fact that the storyline was actually quite lame, and you get a sh*t movie. E.g. Wolverine: X-Men Origins.

Nail on head, the character introductions were lame as hell. Like a random scene would introduce the chracters..e.g. Gambit randomly playing poker after being mentioned once. Cyclops had like 2 scenes, and he's on the poster like he was hopping out and about saving people. With a superhero movie, no matter what people say, the boundaries must always be drawn between hero and villain, this movie blurred the line and took away a huge part of what would have made it decent. Add all this to the fact that the storyline was actually quite lame, and you get a sh*t movie. E.g. Wolverine: X-Men Origins.
Glad you changed your view

Watched it tonight in eicester Square. ilm still looked sh*t finished. Script was abysmal. The ONLY good thing that could ever come from this is them making a Deadpool film rated R with a f*ckload of dark humour and violence in it.
no chanceat least we got thor to look forward to them buthering n cap americia

i thought it was pretty good.it did the job of explaining Wolverines story.didn't long it out as much as i thought it would.and the introduction of Deadpool and Gambit was a nice touch.you're never gonna get it bang 100% to the comics, thats why comics still hold weight.but for what it's worth it was good.

i thought it was pretty good.it did the job of explaining Wolverines story.didn't long it out as much as i thought it would.and the introduction of Deadpool and Gambit was a nice touch.you're never gonna get it bang 100% to the comics, thats why comics still hold weight.but for what it's worth it was good.
I havent seen this yet but this 'you're never gonna get it bang 100% to the comics, thats why comics still hold weight.' got my attention. they can get it bang on imo BUT i do think its a bit of a tough situation. Everyone i spoke to about watchmen so far, who knew nothing about the comics or hasnt read comics before told me it was sh*t/ not enough action/ boring. This is one side to it, when you make it true to how it should be aka how the comic is alot of people dont like it but obviously the 'original fans' do. then theres the other side with making it bare action, lack of structure when it comes to the story. people that arent comic fans think its sick, comic fans are disappointed at the story being butchered. it seems pretty hard to get the balance right without swaying to one side or the other. i've yet to see a film hit the balance of the two and have both types of viewers pleased and impressed.

http://www.pyroradio.com/index.cfm/act/news_details/id/314quick review i done for my sitePyroradio recently had the good fortune of attending the screening for Wolverine X Men Origins at the Odeon in Leicester Square. I had been eagerly anticipating this film for well over a year from when it was first announced, due to the fact that for me Wolverine had been the only engaging character in the X Men trilogy and personally had been one of my favourite comic book characters of all time. Who wouldn’t like an anti hero, fierce fighting machine who possesses healing powers, berserker rage, Adamantium-laced skeletal structure and retractable claws! I was also excited that the people behind Wolverine had finally listened to the public by introducing some of the their favourite characters especially Deadpool and Gambit (who in particular had controversially never been featured in any of the X Men movies)The film starts with James Logan aka Wolverine and his brother Victor Creed aka Sabretooth running away together as children in the mid 1850`s after Logan kills their biological father who had murdered Logan`s adoptive father. We then see a quick flash of wars the brothers have been involved in with Victor Creed becoming increasingly heartless, they become imprisoned and are recruited by William Stryker to serve in a special unit made up of mutants which includes Wade Wilson aka Deadpool , Agent Zero, Wraith, The Blob and Bradley. After heartlessly wiping out an Nigerian village, Logan quits the unit and goes off to live a life of peace in the Canadian Rockies working as a lumberjack and living with his girlfriend later to be known as the Silver Fox finding love and contentment for the first time. Six years pass for the both of them until Stryker shows up and asks Logan to come back and be a part of a new Weapon X project. Logan refuses which leads to heartbreak and the beginning of the Wolverine people know him as, full of rage and an eye for revenge.Hugh Jackman is definitely one of the best things about the film a great lead actor with screen presence and menace. Surprisingly the film is very funny in parts with Deadpool’s one liners, the friction between the characters, ridiculous stunts and a small Botex overdosed cameo of a younger Professor X, the action is relentless at a thrill ride tempo keeping you engaged the whole time. Some of the action scenes are ridiculous especially the final fight sequence with Wolverine, Sabertooth and Weapon 11(who’s basically a mix up of all the mutants Stryker has captured). Director Gavin Hood (Tsotsi, Redacted) does a good job visually with a number of slick shot’s and action sequences, keeping the story ticking over relentlessly. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed it I think some people will be let down by how little the other mutants are featured in the film, especially Gambit and Deadpool who only feature in a couple of scenes, I think the posters and advertising of the film is a bit misleading with them all sharing the bill with Wolverine, Cyclops I think has around 3 lines which go something like ‘We should go left‘ and ‘I‘ve got a headache I need to wear my glasses‘. Ryan Reynold’s as expected was brilliant as Deapool and was one of the best things about the film, yet to be honest he was probably only on screen for 10 minutes all in all, the same can be said about Gambit who only really featured in the last quarter of the film. Yet when they featured they lived up to the wait and I’m sure will have future Spin off’s for themselves. The volume of characters also sometimes seem a bit rushed at times, you never really see Wolverine by himself he’s always with someone new.One major thing I thought lacking was how they captured Wolverine’s anger and despair over everything he`s lost and witnessed over his years. At times he seemed a bit too nice he was more of a traditional hero than an anti hero. Overall Wolverine X Men Origins is a great deal better than the 3 X Men films (X Men 2 was good but it never lived up to the opening scene) and for me is one of the top 5 comic book film adaptations ever made, The Dark Knight still holds the crown. If your looking for action and some of your favourite characters on screen definitely check out Wolverine X Men Origins 8/10

^^^good point about watchmen. i thought that was as bang on as you'd ever get.like an idiot i took a girl to watch it with me, she ended up sleeping through most of it, lol.i enjoyed it./the punisher looks good, cant wait for that one!

^^^good point about watchmen. i thought that was as bang on as you'd ever get.like an idiot i took a girl to watch it with me, she ended up sleeping through most of it, lol.i enjoyed it./the punisher looks good, cant wait for that one!
yhh was amazed at how on point it was:lol: sleepin uno

http://www.pyroradio.com/index.cfm/act/news_details/id/314quick review i done for my sitePyroradio recently had the good fortune of attending the screening for Wolverine X Men Origins at the Odeon in Leicester Square. I had been eagerly anticipating this film for well over a year from when it was first announced, due to the fact that for me Wolverine had been the only engaging character in the X Men trilogy and personally had been one of my favourite comic book characters of all time. Who wouldn’t like an anti hero, fierce fighting machine who possesses healing powers, berserker rage, Adamantium-laced skeletal structure and retractable claws! I was also excited that the people behind Wolverine had finally listened to the public by introducing some of the their favourite characters especially Deadpool and Gambit (who in particular had controversially never been featured in any of the X Men movies)The film starts with James Logan aka Wolverine and his brother Victor Creed aka Sabretooth running away together as children in the mid 1850`s after Logan kills their biological father who had murdered Logan`s adoptive father. We then see a quick flash of wars the brothers have been involved in with Victor Creed becoming increasingly heartless, they become imprisoned and are recruited by William Stryker to serve in a special unit made up of mutants which includes Wade Wilson aka Deadpool , Agent Zero, Wraith, The Blob and Bradley. After heartlessly wiping out an Nigerian village, Logan quits the unit and goes off to live a life of peace in the Canadian Rockies working as a lumberjack and living with his girlfriend later to be known as the Silver Fox finding love and contentment for the first time. Six years pass for the both of them until Stryker shows up and asks Logan to come back and be a part of a new Weapon X project. Logan refuses which leads to heartbreak and the beginning of the Wolverine people know him as, full of rage and an eye for revenge.Hugh Jackman is definitely one of the best things about the film a great lead actor with screen presence and menace. Surprisingly the film is very funny in parts with Deadpool’s one liners, the friction between the characters, ridiculous stunts and a small Botex overdosed cameo of a younger Professor X, the action is relentless at a thrill ride tempo keeping you engaged the whole time. Some of the action scenes are ridiculous especially the final fight sequence with Wolverine, Sabertooth and Weapon 11(who’s basically a mix up of all the mutants Stryker has captured). Director Gavin Hood (Tsotsi, Redacted) does a good job visually with a number of slick shot’s and action sequences, keeping the story ticking over relentlessly. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed it I think some people will be let down by how little the other mutants are featured in the film, especially Gambit and Deadpool who only feature in a couple of scenes, I think the posters and advertising of the film is a bit misleading with them all sharing the bill with Wolverine, Cyclops I think has around 3 lines which go something like ‘We should go left‘ and ‘I‘ve got a headache I need to wear my glasses‘. Ryan Reynold’s as expected was brilliant as Deapool and was one of the best things about the film, yet to be honest he was probably only on screen for 10 minutes all in all, the same can be said about Gambit who only really featured in the last quarter of the film. Yet when they featured they lived up to the wait and I’m sure will have future Spin off’s for themselves. The volume of characters also sometimes seem a bit rushed at times, you never really see Wolverine by himself he’s always with someone new.One major thing I thought lacking was how they captured Wolverine’s anger and despair over everything he`s lost and witnessed over his years. At times he seemed a bit too nice he was more of a traditional hero than an anti hero. Overall Wolverine X Men Origins is a great deal better than the 3 X Men films (X Men 2 was good but it never lived up to the opening scene) and for me is one of the top 5 comic book film adaptations ever made, The Dark Knight still holds the crown. If your looking for action and some of your favourite characters on screen definitely check out Wolverine X Men Origins 8/10
this review comes like u were bribed by the film studioeither that or you watched the film through rose tinted glasses

i see the people that read the comics like bible dnt rate itits like that for most superhero films so ill take no notice
nt evenanyone who is a lover of traditional stroy telling will have a problem with this filmseriouslyit's a poor movie

''Ryan Reynold’s as expected was brilliant as Deapool and was one of the best things about the film, yet to be honest he was probably only on screen for 10 minutes all in all, the same can be said about Gambit who only really featured in the last quarter of the film''lol