1Xtra and Radio 1's 30 most influential people in hiphop

pyrouk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

u guys saying its garbage..are the ones chatting fraff. thats a complete list. name people who shoudl be there that are not and their influence.obama is there becos he has said he listens to HH i guess. him doing the whole brush the dirt off ur shoulders thing had a big impact, plus the bandwagoning jumping on his campaign

i dont see MC Lyte or ATCQ or even Slick Rick sooooinfluential to whom and when is my questionbecase if it is to me then i disagree
Nah, they're doing the "30 most influential people in hip-hop to Kurious from vip2" poll next month.Look out for that one.
they better be <_<

I dont really listen to hiphop so can someone explain to me why Kanye West is 5th? And also, what influence has lil wayne had in hiphop?Much appreciated guize.
He shouldnt be so high up but from his production i can see why hes there - no way hes number 5 thoghLOL @ obama aswell & smh @ no neptunes

Streets wtf is this list? How did they compile it? What was the age range & time frame of influence? I'm pretty sure its the RADIO 1 listeners that f*cked up the list. Had it been just 1XTRA listeners behind it, maybe it would have been more realistic.Lol @ No 50 CentLol @ Kanye being number 5Lol @ 2 Pac being number 8Lol @ No Nerds, No Timberland, No Premier.

EDIT, just found this from the 1Xtra site.SMH.

As part of our series of special shows marking the 30th birthday of hip hop, 1Xtra and Radio 1 decided to find out who really is the most influential figure in the game today. To do this, we asked a panel of 50 hip hop DJs, writers, enthusiasts and artists to vote for their top 10 most hip hop people of all time. A number 1 vote received 10 points, number 2 received 9 points and so on. These points were then added together, and a top 30 assembled. People that voted include Dizzee Rascal, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Zane Lowe, Tim Westwood and more.

Wait, what's so laughable about Kanye being that high?
How come you think he deserves to be number 5?
Made nerd rap cool. Not only did he do that, but he's renovated the genre by itself.Changed it's fashion.Alongside Just Blaze, changed HH production-wise. On a mainstream level, at least.He's influencing rappers who influenced HIM! That's sick by itself.If anything, Kanye has been just as influential as 50.

LOL.Just like with most of these top 10/50/100 lists - its based on OPINION. These lists are designed to make people argue, same way the MTV Base "greatest album" had Craig David and Jay Sean higher then 2Pac and Biggie.As you can see, the people that voted included- DJs- Journalists- Listeners- Rappers (including CREDIBLE ones like Dizzee/Busta etc)So that list is actually pretty accurate in terms of GENERAL opinion, its not like it was made up by a team of 10 nerds sitting in an office playing Warcraft.I'm sure if I created a topic for the top 10 rappers, everyones list would be different - so the moral of the story is theres no point complaining. The programmes done.

Wait, what's so laughable about Kanye being that high?
How come you think he deserves to be number 5?
Made nerd rap cool. Not only did he do that, but he's renovated the genre by itself.Changed it's fashion.Alongside Just Blaze, changed HH production-wise. On a mainstream level, at least.He's influencing rappers who influenced HIM! That's sick by itself.If anything, Kanye has been just as influential as 50.
Yeah i see your point, if im honest though the only one id say hes worth being in the list for is his production and maybe the style hes brought in but if you think about it, all the rappers that first started it out were dressin in skinny jeans and sh*t and as everyone know's fashion just goes round in circles

SMH qtip & barrack obama ya knoThis is the sort of list you get when you have a one handed dj involved
SMH @ people thinking Q-Tip shouldn't be in that list.
Q-tip No. TCQ yes.....I kno this is all about opinions but some of the names on that list dont deserve to be on there..

Guest WAVESURFER
DMX doesn't even get a look inGuy debuts 5 consecutive albums at Number 1 and doesn't get a mention?f*ck outta here.
LOL Be serious.The only influence DMX has is as an anti-drug warning.

DMX doesn't even get a look inGuy debuts 5 consecutive albums at Number 1 and doesn't get a mention?f*ck outta here.
LOL Be serious.The only influence DMX has is as an anti-drug warning.
When Barack Obama gets a mention on this list DMX has a perfectly viable caseAlso by that logic how is influence even rated? When people are mentioning man like Big L who didn't even have enough time to inevitably become influencial why not DMX?Come like you weren't hearing Ruff Ryders' Anthem everywhere you went in 98/99 along with Slippin'

These lists are so cliched and subjective. If youre popular right now, youre in with a shout. If you are someone who everyone says should be in there, regardless of if the person voting thinks they should be in there, you are in there.No 50 + Neps + Kanye @ no. 5 and Lil Wayne in there supports my arguementI mean they are celebrating 30 years in Hip Hop history, so I'd hazard a guess that this is meant to be of all time. Kanye above 50 is a joke let alone him not being top 30.J, Dre and Russel were always gonna be 1, 2, 3 it just depends on which way around. I personally would have reversed that, but thats just me.Diddy @ 16 = joke. The man single-handedly killed HipHop as we knew it and only got 16 for his troubles?Q-Tip only got in cos of his Rennaisance album = fact

EDIT, just found this from the 1Xtra site.SMH.
As part of our series of special shows marking the 30th birthday of hip hop, 1Xtra and Radio 1 decided to find out who really is the most influential figure in the game today. To do this, we asked a panel of 50 hip hop DJs, writers, enthusiasts and artists to vote for their top 10 most hip hop people of all time. A number 1 vote received 10 points, number 2 received 9 points and so on. These points were then added together, and a top 30 assembled. People that voted include Dizzee Rascal, Rick Ross, Busta Rhymes, Zane Lowe, Tim Westwood and more.
Maybe thats why. I've seen the vid of Semtex asking Rick Ross on the spot. I mean what the f*ck does Dizzee know? Reppin the youth yeah, but come on, he's nothing more than a name cos he aint got no HH brain. I bet half them people didnt know why they chose who they chose.