Drake

JLovely

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drake did breathe new life into hip hop though, it was stale as fuck from 04 times up to about 09ish

late regristration

the documentary

carter 2

be

college dropout

port of miami

the inspiration

hell hath no fury

food and liquor

carter 3

recession

trilla

just a few of the more obvious albums that came out in that time

havent even mentioned the tapes cuh

Don't know about dates off my head but since 04 Wayne, Ross, French have all had good runs and club hits plus underground you've had legends like Max B et al

just my opinion but didnt hold any of them in high regard and wasnt a fan of there music bar a few songs here and there liked wayne more when carter 3 droppedbut never been a huge fan of any of them

Drake did breathe new life into hip hop though, it was stale as f*ck from 04 times up to about 09ish

late regristration

the documentary

carter 2

be

college dropout

port of miami

the inspiration

hell hath no fury

food and liquor

carter 3

recession

trilla

again personally not memorable to me apart from late reg, carter 3, food and liquor but even those aren't held close to my heart very subjective i know but that time frame in hip hop wasn't a time i fondly remember

Drake did breathe new life into hip hop though, it was stale as f*ck from 04 times up to about 09ish

late regristration

the documentary

carter 2

be

college dropout

port of miami

the inspiration

hell hath no fury

food and liquor

carter 3

recession

trilla

again personally not memorable to me apart from late reg, carter 3, food and liquor but even those aren't held close to my heart very subjective i know but that time frame in hip hop wasn't a time i fondly remember

wat albums r memorable to from 2009 -2015 den bruv

Here it is Drake has single-handedly carried hip-hop on his shoulders for the past 6-7 years... and people wanna throw salt

If drake never rapped... hip-hop would of died after the laffy taffy / this is why im hot / wipe me down phase

You heathens should be thanking Drake. Not throwing salt.

loool it's true and false at the same time

Drake will never drop another TC. Thats his only top album IMO

late regristration

the documentary

carter 2

be

college dropout

port of miami

the inspiration

hell hath no fury

food and liquor

carter 3

recession

trilla

wat albums r memorable to from 2009 -2015 den bruv

all of them albums shit on anything that's has dropped in the last 5-6 years

Init about drake carrying hip hop lol, carrying what? You know how many topics I've made about new artists in that time period lol that have better rap albums or tapes than drake, not better club bangers or radio hits but tunes from a rapping purist perspective that are on another level or at least on his.

The Internet detectives have been digging though drakes a fraud man, I hear all that he's a artist not a limited rapper but bro you talk that og pen game crud here and there and your not even writing it? Your spitting other people's reference tracks verbatim? Lmao drakes always Gna be good in a diddy kind of way but he's done

"Lets keep a MILLION, did it ever occur to yall that QM wrote on MORE than the songs he got writer credits for? Making him a ghostwriter" OG Macos manager tweeted

Q.M and Og Maco real friends before music, their from the same area in ATL and both members of 'OGG'

All this shit fake as fuck!

Meek hating or these credits clearly say

Quentin__Miller

I'm sick of you fuck ass clowns pic.twitter.com/8e2y7khOAP

The only reason I spoke up is so my friend could finally get his credit.

But he being a punk ass nigga and won't say a word.

Still truth.

Yall rappin like Migos. Screaming like Maco. Atlanta niggas writing ya raps. You runnin off with the swag. We dont WANT NOTHING YOU GOT

2:22 AM - 23 Jul 2015

Lets keep a MILLION, did it ever occur to yall that QM wrote on MORE than the songs he got writer credits for? Making him a ghostwriter

7:03 AM - 22 Jul 2015

http://twitter.com/TheLoungeSite/status/623920210316124160/photo/1drake pic with Wdng crshrs

This is what OG Maco and his manager have tweeted. And that's my point now aswell, everything is now questionable, when I first heard Wdng CRSHS the wave just hit me, weren't sure if it was the drugs or what but only few artists have that power and drakes one of them. So for him to always go on like he's the vibes man and he makes new sounds and waves people follow at the flick of the wrist is all questionable now.

This is the guy that once rapped gave these niggas the verse the hook and even the look that's why every song sound like drake featuring drake lol

• Upvote 2

Drake's version of 10 Bands sounds better tbh.

The impact this revelation will have on his career will be the same as when the world found out Rhymefest wrote 'Jesus Walks' for Kanye. He'll still make bangers, he'll sell records and life will go on.

drakes version sounds better because it's mastered, finished and has the help of how many souls and writers added to it, Quientins is a one take with one stabbing of Adlibs behind it..

But still drake took his whole first verse the chorus and lines from the second. "My ex asked me where I'm going I said on to better things" how many instagram captions was that in when that came out, alllll these quotables people directly attribute to drake! lol he even took the 'omg' bit in the chorus, that is their signature thing they do on nearly every song lol

Difference between Kanye and drake aswell is Kanye was a producer first rapper second, he didn't come into game spitting I'm the best mc shit, also it was well known or somewhat known that kanyes recording process included rhyme fest, consequence etc

• Upvote 2

King Kunta tried to tell us aswell

I can dig rapping, but a rapper with a ghost writer

What the fuck happened?

(Oh no) I swore I wouldn't tell

But most of you share bars like you got the bottom bunk in a two man cell

(A two man cell)

Something's in the water (Something's in the water)

And if I got a brown nose for some gold then I'd rather be a bum than a motherfuckin' baller

• Upvote 3

kenny probably witnessed the ghostwriting stuff during the recording of take care when he got that track on therea few of the tracks were written by the weeknd on take care which is not hiddenbut it makes you wonder what else did drake get help for on that album?

marvins room,shot for me,over my dead body was written by weeknd

It's bait

His best album by far

Swap Rhymefest and Kanye for Gillie Da Kid and Wayne and my point still stands.

/

drae-songwriters-hall-of-fame.jpg

Boyyy...

:lol:

Lol what u on about agony, your not a clutching at straws type bro don't do it for drizzy

Not once did we here a reference track or any audio proof of gillies claims, all now people can't prove what gillie wrote and there ain't no proof apart from him saying so

And Wayne got way bigger and better after that shit nobody didn't care about gillie same way basically no one cares about rhymefest as Kanye continued to get bigger and better. There was never concrete evidence like this against them in the peaks of their careers lol