"Good Hair" Chris Rock

Natalie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“For black women, you’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t,” said Ingrid Banks, an associate professor of black studies at the University of California at Santa Barbara. “If you’ve got straight hair, you’re pegged as selling out. If you don’t straighten your hair,” she said, “you’re seen as not practicing appropriate grooming practices.”
:/ this is bullshit right? right?
Anyone who thought such preconceptions were outdated would have been reminded otherwise by some negative reactions to the president’s 11-year-old daughter, Malia Obama, who wore her hair in twists while in Rome this summer. Commenters on the conservative blog Free Republic attacked her as unfit to represent America for stepping out unstraightened.
LOL wow

thats deeptbh growin my locs, bare times i feel like i wont be acceptible at work cos its jus lookin a bit wildbut then i go to work and i look around at all the white people with actually sh*t hairstyles, and the boog straight/crispy/weave conconctions that some of the black women have and i think f*ck it, but i think there is a pressure, white people always have to comment on ur hair

me and some friends were talking about this movie today.wait is it true that when you have weave sold as "100% human hair" im hearing that its women in india or asia but especially india.and that these women grow their hair from young ages as some sort of cultural sacrifice and have it shaven off .. and that the hair is then taken or bought from the temples and ends up in a store near you! ??? is this true?

me and some friends were talking about this movie today.wait is it true that when you have weave sold as "100% human hair" im hearing that its women in india or asia but especially india.and that these women grow their hair from young ages as some sort of cultural sacrifice and have it shaven off .. and that the hair is then taken or bought from the temples and ends up in a store near you! ??? is this true?
Jamelia had a documentary about this and the exact same thing you are describing was what was in the documentary. There are also girls in Russia that have proper long hair and get paid to have it cut off.

Yeah, I seen a documentary about this before.Young girls in India with their head cleanly cut but they aint seeing a penny of the cash.

Guest Esquilax

while i like the naturalist black hair look, i dont think it's right for CERTAIN WHITE BREAHS to be telling them how to do their hair, they most likely have no idea how it works/ whats involved. it LOOKS like a f*ck*ng nightmare, all that relaxant n weaves n sh*t, jesus.

the hair in hair shops that says "100% human hair", isn't just human hair. It's also a mix of fibres and Yak hair(that's what I've heard). Must be true though because I don't know how indian hair can be "made in china". Hair from temple's is the expensive stuff, I don't even think it's sold in hair shops.