Do You Think Long Distance Uni Relationship Can Work?

bane

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol u man talk like u aint got a brain in yur heads stillall depends on hw serious u are about one anotherworks fine for me and my girl, infact i think it mades us appreciate each other more
C/SOnly reason it won't work is if effort isn't put in. However, I can only see it really being fruitful if you will both end up in the same city after uni. The long distance even after uni are long and require nuff effort.

blads and bladettesmy sister went hertfordshire uni, for 4 years, during these 4 years she had a boyfriend who lived in sweden, every summer she would go sweden but most of the time she was sad and talked on the phone forever9-10 years later they are married living in sweden with kids on the way....case closedit may be harder for you if you think with your penis/clit
What is the definition of a working relationship, all you have shown us is the face value of there relationshipHow do you know she didnt cheat, how do we know he didnt cheat etc..

blads and bladettesmy sister went hertfordshire uni, for 4 years, during these 4 years she had a boyfriend who lived in sweden, every summer she would go sweden but most of the time she was sad and talked on the phone forever9-10 years later they are married living in sweden with kids on the way....case closedit may be harder for you if you think with your penis/clit
Lol at this. There is an exception to every rule. But note, it is the EXCEPTION i.e. EXCEPTIONAL. Expecting or even hoping for the same result is foolish.

it can work if you are both butters or average but lets be real, if you're both good looking then the opportunities to cheat will be immense and temptation will be too much, but you do get them neeky ones that will stay faithful
this comment says so much about uand even more about any girl that would ever get in a relationship with u

exception to the rule is that it worked? sorry but isn't the exception proving that it can work. even if they cheated which im pretty sure they didn't, they are still together now, so it worked. end of. Some people don't wana except it as if to say we should stop aspiring to be with someone who we like because of distance and just go local.blad its 2009 not 1809, doesn't take a full year to sail somewhere thers planes and shitmy bredrin had a girl in florida who he met in durham, she still lives there now and he visits her and vice versa, its working and has worked for many years.It can work, if its special enough, or if you are neeky enough.i suggest only trying this once you have whored yourself out though, not about being sexually fustrated on the other side of the planet AND also being pretty much a virgin with only one f*ck under your belt

Guest M12 Part 2
i suggest only trying this once you have whored yourself out though, not about being sexually fustrated on the other side of the planet AND also being pretty much a virgin with only one f*ck under your belt
:D

exception to the rule is that it worked? sorry but isn't the exception proving that it can work.
The rule is that it doesn't work. The exception is that it did in your friend's case. You didn't really need me to spell that out.
what im saying is that my exception is breaking the rule, so there is no rule

Are you pretending to be stupid!? You've been here for a long time and I was always under the impression you were fairly smart.The exception does not mean the rule is irrelevant. Like I said, there is an exception to EVERY rule.
i don't think its as extreme as rules and exceptions

exception to the rule is that it worked? sorry but isn't the exception proving that it can work.
The rule is that it doesn't work. The exception is that it did in your friend's case. You didn't really need him to spell that out.
the thing is, is that its not the rule though... at allrules are generally agreed upon... like if a girl has sex with a guy for the first time and then doesn't hear from him for more than 4 days after, usually thats nt a good signrules are baitbut pure people are in inter uni relationships, in fact i think most couples that are in relationships at our age do not go to the same uni'sand i personally knw of at least four that are doing fine; fine as in everyone trust everyone and if u would ask them they would say their happy, i dn't knw about cheating but i doubt it... at least on the part of the girls

To be honest I do not blame the majority of young people who believe more in infidelity than in trust and monogamy given the current climate that 18 to 24 year olds live in. I'm not even 23 yet and most of my friends and friends of friends have been f*cked over more than 3 times each. But still it can work given the 2 parties involved are serious about eachother and respect each others wishes and most importantly have morals and aren't easily influenced by others. More time people cheat not out of immediate personal choice but via somebody elses influence, and knowing the Uni/Student life your a damn rock if you don't cheat.But once again aslong as the following ingredients are involved: TrustLoveReasoningCompromiseRespectMoralsI don't see why it can't work, but the odds are heavily stacked against you given that most students are single and or just f*ck*ng and pretending to be in a relationship

Like Kap said, it's not a rule that it won't work, it's just that people don't want to make the effort.I was in a long distance relationship over my whole degree. Fair enough I went down to London every 2 weeks or so but it's still long distance. We both made the effort so it worked and I'm back in London now so it's nothing. And it's true that you appreciate each other a lot more.

travelling every two weeks is a semi long distance relship lol. still you both made the efforttry being in the UK and she's in Athens Georgia (US) 3 yrs but knew each other for 1.5 before datingthe onus was on me to travel more as i had more free time so saw her about 5-7 times/ yr and we talked almost everyday considering the 5 hours time difference. its something that you can get very used to, if you really want to give it a chance.i felt very comfortable with the situation after the 1st yr. i would be dropping her in my convo like she was just a few miles away..pple were surprised that she was all the way in the US. the only thing with a long distance relship is there must be closure. thats the goal you both look forward to, and you have discussed (not just presume will happen). the goal being that you will both be near each other at a certain point in time. if you dont have that to look look forward to, then like anything you wont have a focus...no matter how good your relship is. it felt good that there was something to really look forward to. in our case the closure kept getting extended so it frustrated us.and we broke up.

LOLCarpe blew everyone out of the water. Yeah, I know I could never do the different country because I couldn't deal with not being able to see them more regularly. Even for me 2 weeks was difficult although there were times the time away was good.

travelling every two weeks is a semi long distance relship lol. still you both made the efforttry being in the UK and she's in Athens Georgia (US) 3 yrs but knew each other for 1.5 before datingthe onus was on me to travel more as i had more free time so saw her about 5-7 times/ yr and we talked almost everyday considering the 5 hours time difference. its something that you can get very used to, if you really want to give it a chance.i felt very comfortable with the situation after the 1st yr. i would be dropping her in my convo like she was just a few miles away..pple were surprised that she was all the way in the US. the only thing with a long distance relship is there must be closure. thats the goal you both look forward to, and you have discussed (not just presume will happen). the goal being that you will both be near each other at a certain point in time. if you dont have that to look look forward to, then like anything you wont have a focus...no matter how good your relship is. it felt good that there was something to really look forward to. in our case the closure kept getting extended so it frustrated us.and we broke up.
f*cksakehope that isnt the lady you were gna propose toone of my uncles was in a long distance relationsip for 10 yrs, America and Canadathey are now married with 2 children, im sure he wished it was different, cos there are certain things that become apparent when u havnt physically been with someone for extended periods of timebut so far, they are staying strong, an i rate thatthe closure thing is true tho, plus so much more compromise than an ordniary relationship