The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

interesting that pacheco also said that the word could be good or bad depending on how it was said.

seeing as the club seem to refuse to eduactate the players on language that could be offensive and why, maybe pacheco could have a word with luis as he legitimately seems to get it.

Why would he tell Suarez? Suarez got in trouble for saying negro not negrito 8-)

Everyone including the FA accepted that the words dont mean the same in English and they aren't offensive but the fact Suarez was in England meant he should do as the romans do as they say.

Pacheco is in Spain speaking to his mate who also speaks Spanish. Should he omit words from his country's vocab because he's offending people in England? 8-)

lol I dont get it though, man who I consider smart are taking offence to a word that doesn't even exist in our language because it sounds like an offensive word in English?

The Mirror ran with this story on their front page with the title Glen Johnson called the N word and people are falling for it hook line and sinker. Painfully stupid.

/

Sigursson looks wrapped up, he's already said he doesn't think he'll end up at Swansea seen as Rodgers has left and that we're a massive club he'd like to play for.

Plus we've got Babbel and Babel at Hoffenheim who will no doubt be telling him Liverpool is a good place to be.

I've no idea where all this Williamson talk is coming from, makes no sense whatsoever seen as we already have Dagger, Skrtel, Kelly and Coates. Sounds like bullshit to me.

lol I dont get it though, man who I consider smart are taking offence to a word that doesn't even exist in our language because it sounds like an offensive word in English?

lol Flojo, what don't you understand about conversation relating to a person's colour or ethnicity having no place on a football pitch?

It's simple.

The Mirror ran with this story on their front page with the title Glen Johnson called the N word and people are falling for it hook line and sinker. Painfully stupid.

/

Sigursson looks wrapped up, he's already said he doesn't think he'll end up at Swansea seen as Rodgers has left and that we're a massive club he'd like to play for.

Plus we've got Babbel and Babel at Hoffenheim who will no doubt be telling him Liverpool is a good place to be.

I've no idea where all this Williamson talk is coming from, makes no sense whatsoever seen as we already have Dagger, Skrtel, Kelly and Coates. Sounds like bullshit to me.

It's not about falling for anything, and it's not a case of anyone being offended by what two friends say to each other on twitter,

I for one, I'm just bemused that it looks as if after the madness last season, the players weren't instructed to watch their p's and q's

If you remember the ling played out debate earlier in the year/last year you'll remember that I wasn't even mist damming of Suarez for being caught up, but I was damming of the clubs inability to use their foresight to see that him using Negro or Negrito on the pitch could cause effect and that he should have been given a heads up before he used it in the course of an argument with an opposition player.

The fact that Pacheco has now used the term Negrito publicly says the club took no measures in educating tge players who have this as a secondary language as to why it could cause effect,

I would place a bet on Luis Suarez to this day still not being totally aware of what he did wrong, which is not his fault.

/

My comment that Pacheco should have a word with Suarez was semi tongue in cheek and was due to one if the defences if Suarez being "ohh where he's from it's a term of endearment and not St all offensive" interestingly this argument is still being trotted out by some, Pacheco at least has the brains to understand that the term can hold both negative and positive connotations, whereas the club didn't feel/know this, so maybe Pacheco should lead their racial awareness campaign.

Drenthe>>>>>

When Heinze/Higuain tried give him that nickname

What did he do?

He nipped it in the bud

I told them never to refer to him as Negrito

No he didn't because they didn't refer to him as negrito it was negro.

This is the kind of foolishness I'm talking about, it isn't even the same word ffs.

lol Flojo, what don't you understand about conversation relating to a person's colour or ethnicity having no place on a football pitch?

It's simple.

We're talking about Pacheco talking to his Spanish speaking mate on twitter using a Spanish term that doesn't even exist in the english language. Pacheco wasn't in England and he wasn't on a football pitch having a 'heated exchange' so the shite reasoning that got trotted out in the Suarez case doesn't apply one bit.

A word sounding like an offensive word in another language doesn't make it offensive, all this incident has done is highlight the ignorance of a lot of people once again.

Telling a Spaniard how to speak his own language in his own country, you couldn't make this sh*t up.

Flojo I was actually gonna say my bad until I read you say this

I would place a bet on Luis Suarez to this day still not being totally aware of what he did wrong, which is not his fault.

:rofl:

So I'm just gonna give up lol.

eh?

You're coming across mad feminine, them ones where you argue with a chick and dead her point so she comes with some left of field sh*t that isn't relevant and in this case even true.

• Upvote 1

Drenthe>>>>>

When Heinze/Higuain tried give him that nickname

What did he do?

He nipped it in the bud

I told them never to refer to him as Negrito

No he didn't because they didn't refer to him as negrito it was negro.

This is the kind of foolishness I'm talking about, it isn't even the same word ffs.

It's simple.

We're talking about Pacheco talking to his Spanish speaking mate on twitter using a Spanish term that doesn't even exist in the english language. Pacheco wasn't in England and he wasn't on a football pitch having a 'heated exchange' so the shite reasoning that got trotted out in the Suarez case doesn't apply one bit.

A word sounding like an offensive word in another language doesn't make it offensive, all this incident has done is highlight the ignorance of a lot of people once again.

Telling a Spaniard how to speak his own language in his own country, you couldn't make this sh*t up.

So what's the difference between being called a Negro and Negrito ?

Flojo I was actually gonna say my bad until I read you say this

:rofl:

So I'm just gonna give up lol.

eh?

You're coming across mad feminine, them ones where you argue with a chick and dead her point so she comes with some left of field sh*t that isn't relevant and in this case even true.

lol My Bad for the mixup, I owe you that but allow the dead my point stuff, that's false.

My point is of course people are gonna kick up fuss over this Glenn Johnson thing because the Evra Suarez shit was a such a big deal.

Johnson should have a bit more sense than that imo.

I also get the sense you are using this to justify the Suarez stuff which is why I'm getting confused because Kompressor seems to be taking a stance which would make more sense coming from you but this is the last time I say Suarez's name.

/

It's not about falling for anything, and it's not a case of anyone being offended by what two friends say to each other on twitter,

I for one, I'm just bemused that it looks as if after the madness last season, the players weren't instructed to watch their p's and q's

If you remember the ling played out debate earlier in the year/last year you'll remember that I wasn't even mist damming of Suarez for being caught up, but I was damming of the clubs inability to use their foresight to see that him using Negro or Negrito on the pitch could cause effect and that he should have been given a heads up before he used it in the course of an argument with an opposition player.

The fact that Pacheco has now used the term Negrito publicly says the club took no measures in educating tge players who have this as a secondary language as to why it could cause effect,

/

My comment that Pacheco should have a word with Suarez was semi tongue in cheek and was due to one if the defences if Suarez being "ohh where he's from it's a term of endearment and not St all offensive" interestingly this argument is still being trotted out by some, Pacheco at least has the brains to understand that the term can hold both negative and positive connotations, whereas the club didn't feel/know this, so maybe Pacheco should lead their racial awareness campaign.

I agree it wasn't wise of him to say it but he's been on loan at Rayo all of last season so whilst he will have no doubt heard about the fuss surrounding Suarez he probably didn't see how much of a sh*t storm it created and he will have missed any briefing that took place educating the Spanish speakers about their own language.

Plus he isn't speaking to an opposition player in an argument he's speaking to his mate who also speaks Spanish....and he isn't even in England. How far do you go not to offend English speakers, do you stop using your own language in your own country?

I've seen Pacheco use negrito before the incident but given the fuss I've no doubt he now knows it could be offensive, but it was only a few months back Alan Hansen learned coloured can be offensive so it's not always as black and white as it seems.

If I went south america or spain for that matter and said that word to 100 different black spanish speakers ALL 100 of them will take it as if I called them by their 1st name.

Just because a Spanish word sounds similar to the word "Nigger" doesn't mean its offensive.

On that note - FUCK Patrice Evra.