The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Does he even actually want to be there?

He did but after we made it clear he was surplus he rightly wanted to move on.

It's a shame the way he's been treat by us, Milan and Juve because he's been a model pro throughout the whole episode.

He should rightly walk into our team, I just hope we keep him this time.

maybe if he was kept at Anfield we'd start seeing some un-model professional behaviour?

I.E, is it not possible that he's been so good natured about everything because in all, the last few years haven't worked out too badly for him. if he was in a foreign country in a team thats not doing well to go with him not really wanting to be there maybe we'd hear more stink from him??

maybe if he was kept at Anfield we'd start seeing some un-model professional behaviour?

I.E, is it not possible that he's been so good natured about everything because in all, the last few years haven't worked out too badly for him. if he was in a foreign country in a team thats not doing well to go with him not really wanting to be there maybe we'd hear more stink from him??

The last few years haven't worked out well for him, he's been used by two clubs who strung him along as if they wanted him as a permanent fixture but used him as a stop gap.

Milan agreed that if he racked up 25 playing points they had to buy him (a start counted as 1 point and a subs appearance as 0.5) but he was left out of the last 5 games because they didn't want to buy him as they knew they were getting Montolivo and Traore on free transfers.

He's said that all he wants is a permanent club at this point to settle down and concentrate on playing.

He's never done anything to suggest he'd be a disruptive influence so I'd be surprised if he came back and was, I think he just wants to feel valued by a club.

aquilani myth is pissing me off

we f*cked up move him on is what I'm starting to think nowdays

It's pissing me off knowing he should walk in our team but instead I've been watching Henderson, Spearing & Adam.

He was our best player in preseason and is exactly what we're missing in the middle, we aren't going to get a decent fee for him at this point so we should play him.

lol I repeat we've been playing Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson and Jay Spearing in central midfield which has resulted in an 8th place finish whilst Aquilani has been playing for AC Milan challenging for the Scudetto and the CL.

Bear in mind that Comolli said when Aquilani was loaned out the reason was because 'unfortunately for him there's a man called Steven Gerrard' that plays in his position. For the past 3 seasons Gerrard has been a bit part player so that comment from Comolli raised eyebrows at the time and in the wake of a poor season looks exactly as you put it, sheer stupidity. Central midfield is where we've struggled massively this season.

There is no point us selling him at this point because we made it so evident we didn't want him that the Italian clubs are literally trying to mug us for him. We might as well keep him and play him for that reason and because he's much better than what we have starting for us.

Sunderland are a cup team?

Should boost the kitty considerably.

Liverpool say they expect to earn a staggering £300m through their new six-year deal with the US sportswear company Warrior Sports, and have denied accusations that underachievement on the pitch led to the collapse of their current kit deal with Adidas.

Warrior, owned by New Balance, will become the club's kit supplier from June having agreed a £25m-a-year deal to enter the football industry for the first time. The £25m per year is a guaranteed figure for Liverpool, not performance-related, and eclipses the £23.5m-a-year deal that Manchester United have with Nike but are currently renegotiating.

With Warrior, Liverpool will control all non-branded merchandising – products outside the usual kit range – and are free to open club stores wherever they choose. That is not the case under Adidas, who control Liverpool's kit supply and the sale of non-branded merchandise, and the club believe they can double the £25m a year from Warrior when the current restrictions are lifted this summer.

ESPN Soccernet ‏@ESPNSoccernet

BREAKING NEWS - Dave Whelan tells ESPN "Roberto Martinez has flown to Miami and is meeting Liverpool right now." #lfc

-------------------

Dave Whelan told ESPN: "My information is that the new Liverpool manager will not be given full responsibility of the football department.

"There will be somebody else signing players, and they might not necessarily be the choice of the manager.

"My advice to Roberto is to think very carefully about this, but Liverpool are a big club and I hope that they remain one of the big clubs.

"But I have to say from what I am hearing the new Liverpool set up on the football side goes well beyond the norm even with a director of football."

Whelan also criticised the Liverpool process of seeking a 'beauty parade' of six managers to head to Boston for interviews with owners Fenway Sports Group, and insisted reports that Martinez is going to America this week are wide of the mark.

Whelan told ESPN: "My understanding is that Liverpool are seeking a final shortlist of six managers whom the owners would like to interview.

"I am amazed that they think they can do that, it sounds very much an American way of dealing with these issues in sport, but I would wonder how those six managers might feel.

"I spoke with mine only yesterday and he is on a week's holiday in my home in Barbados. The weather is wonderful.

Montse S Benitez

Sorry to say but LFC has not been in touch with Rafa at all. I'm afraid they have a different idea.

/

Apparently genuine.

Bait its gonna be Martinez now IMO.

Haven't warmed to the idea like others and the whole things just irritating. I like Martinez as a manager but i don't think he's good enough.

Montse S Benitez

Sorry to say but LFC has not been in touch with Rafa at all. I'm afraid they have a different idea.

/

Apparently genuine.

Bait its gonna be Martinez now IMO.

Haven't warmed to the idea like others and the whole things just irritating. I like Martinez as a manager but i don't think he's good enough.

He's been offered the job apparently and he's considering the offer.

And apparently Villa have been in touch with Rafa.

I don't even know what to say.

Barca don't play that strange system it has always been 4-3-3(false 9 or a targetman) or 3-4-3

Nothing to do with Rijkaard , everything points to Cryuff

As for pressing? You think Rijkaard started that? The only pressing Dinho did while in Barcelona was after dances locked off

Pep started the pressing opponents further up the pitch something he got taught by Biesla

:lol:

The Liverpool owners before hicks and Gillete would've probably held the "achievements" of the season in higher steem than the current owners have and do,

Those owners weren't too fondly viewed and it was welcomed when the two cowboys came in, obviously things went badly there,

These new guys just like Hick and Gillete are in it for the financial gain they could make, Carling cup wouldn't even register on any scale worth looking at.

Cut a long one short, be careful what you wish for, and know what lies ahead when you receive those wishes.

Foreign ownership that wasn't a oil barren or rich Arab was always going to be a deal that was based on how much money the suits could recoup.

The notion of winning a trophy coming before a top four finish and champions league qualification is a myth now,

I saw a e-mail that was sent by the spirit of shankly group to the owners and it quoted a very poignant line from Shankly about winning trophies effectively being the lifeblood of the club. Lol at thinking these guys are heeding the words of Bill Shankly or even give a Damm what he stood for or believed, no matter how great he was, (and he was)

Those types of things would've probably held more weight with the owners before the two cowboys came in, but those owners rightly or wrongly wern't wanted.

As for the Rafa thing, they listened to the supporters views and appointed Dalgliesh, I don't think seeking counsel from the fans is something they'll do too soon, 6 home wins all season or whatever it was saw to that.

Times Sport ‏@TimesSport

Confusion reigns as sources close to FSG deny claims by Dave Whelan that #lfc have offered Roberto Martinez manager's job at Anfield #wafc

Matt Lawton ‏@Matt_Lawton_DM

Think Mr Whelan has been a bit premature. Martinez has not been offered the Liverpool job. Well not yet anyway.