The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

I'd reckon that they saw a certain degree of carnage going on last season, so got rid of the people involved and in charge,

I think their viewpoint is something along the lines of, "we will actively try to find somebody best suitable to replace Commoli, and somebody to replace Dalgliesh, if we can't find somebody straight away, that's a hit we'll take as we've spunked money up the wall for a year and a half now due to other people's decisions, if we are going to continue to do so we'd rather do ut due to our rookie short comings rather than the bad decisions of so called experts, who co incidentally we are also paying handsomely"

Next season, just like the season before last will probably be written off, (off the record) and be used to build for the 2013/14 season.

Trying to do the build then push tactic with Dalgluesh in charge failed considerably and along with other things that meant the only thing keeping him as being a decent option to take the club forward was his affinity with the fans as everything else seemed to be negative.

I imagine they have some sort of system in place in terms of decisions there're making, as they're too smart to be trying to work things out for themselves in a field they know nothing about.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride, they have been given control of the club, welcomed by all as saviours afters the cowboys, give it two years whatever is decided and then make a judgement based on the facts of what happened,

A year and a half was wasted due to them bei g to precious with the fans and being emotionally led, it's now time for businessmen to make business decision. Your half way down a one way street with no turn offs, it's too late to not trust them, just see what happens.

Brendan Rodgers named LFC boss

FENWAY SPORTS GROUP AND LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCE

BRENDAN RODGERS AS NEW MANAGER

Reds reveal highly rated Rodgers as the man to take them forward

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) and Liverpool Football Club announced that Brendan Rodgers has been appointed as the club's new Manager, after signing a contract.

Rodgers, 39, is regarded as being at the forefront of a new generation of football coaches, an excellent tactician and motivator with a progressive philosophy. After an extensive two-week process where many highly-qualified candidates were carefully considered, Liverpool's ownership group identified Rodgers as the single outstanding candidate to implement their long-term vision.

At Liverpool, Rodgers' primary focus will be the first team but he'll also work extensively in collaboration with the new football operations structure as the team adheres to the continental football Sporting Director model. Further details on this structure will be provided in due course.

Rodgers joins the Reds after a hugely successful spell at Swansea City; where he won them promotion to the Barclay's Premier League in his first full season in-charge. He then further defied the odds by securing a mid-table finish in England's top flight, playing a brand of football praised for its fluidity and entertaining, attacking nature.

New Manager Brendan Rodgers says he can't wait to get started at Anfield:

"I'm blessed to be given this opportunity. I want to thank John Henry, Tom Werner and FSG for the opportunity to manage such a great club. I'm really excited and I can't wait to get started on this incredible project going forward. I promise to dedicate my life to fight for this club and defend the great principles of Liverpool Football Club on and off the field."

Liverpool's Principal Owner John Henry says they've got the man they want:

"Fenway Sports Group is committed to building for the long-term. Brendan Rodgers' appointment today as manager of Liverpool Football Club is one of the most important steps we will take in building the kind of club on and off the pitch supporters can be excited about.

"Brendan's comprehensive football philosophy is perfectly aligned with those at the club and those soon to join the club. He was the first choice unanimously among them and he had no hesitation at all in embracing exactly what we want to try to build at Liverpool.

"We do not expect miracles overnight nor should anyone else. But we firmly believe that the direction the club is heading in will lead to Premier League championships. We will embrace the unconventional, build the right way and together set a bold, exciting course for this historic club."

Chairman Tom Werner says the fans can look forward to some exciting times ahead:

"The style of football Brendan is associated with is exactly what we want to see at Anfield.

"Aggressive, attacking play; Swansea were a revelation last season with their brand of entertaining football.

"But it's not just what he has achieved in the last two years that has impressed us; he has dedicated his career to coaching, has studied the game all over Europe and he is the perfect person to take this club forward.

Rodgers extensive coaching background began in 1995, when at just 22 years of age he became Academy manager for Reading. His talent and enthusiasm drew admirers and in 2004 Jose Mourinho swooped to secure his services for Chelsea, as they went on to dominate the Premier League for the next two campaigns.

The Northern Irishman was soon to be given the opportunity to manage outright, being appointed manager of Watford and then subsequently Reading, where his professional journey began.

Throughout his coaching career, Rodgers travelled Europe and visited clubs such as Valencia, Sevilla and Barcelona as well as clubs in the Netherlands to exchange ideas on football philosophy and to learn from some of the best teams and managers in the game.

Managing Director Ian Ayre says he is an impressive character:

"When you meet Brendan you can't help but be inspired by his knowledge, passion and vision for the game.

"The experience he has for such a young age shows we are getting someone at the very top of their profession.

"He and our owners both have a clear plan of how to bring success on the pitch and he will have the full support of everyone at Liverpool Football Club while he strives to achieve that."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/brendan-rodgers-named-lfc-boss

Rodgers: The first LFC interview

Shortly before facing the world's media at Anfield today, Brendan Rodgers gave his first interview as the new Liverpool manager exclusively to Liverpoolfc.tv.

How do you feel to be the new manager of this famous football club?

As you can imagine, I am very proud and feel very blessed to be appointed today. It's obviously a club with an incredible tradition and history and I'm very, very proud and honoured to be appointed manager.

How excited are you by the owners' plans and visions for the future?

I suppose I first of all want to mention Kenny Dalglish, who is an incredible man. He's obviously the best player in the history of this football club and he's someone who adored Liverpool. He has nursed the club through some horrific times and also brought a lot of joy to the supporters here both as a player and a manager. He is someone I want to pay a great respect to because he's a wonderful ambassador for this football club. But I'm a different tactician, a different man. The owners are very excited and looking forward, and obviously they wanted to bring someone in who could keep with the traditions of Liverpool Football Club, which is to play offensive and attacking football, and also someone to represent the values of the club off the field, and that's something I will defend for my life.

How difficult was it to leave Swansea?

It was very difficult. I always said I'd leave Swansea City one day but I felt it was only going to be for a top club. I had a fantastic relationship with the chairman and the supporters and also we created history - we were the first Welsh club into the Barclays Premier League. But the attraction of coming to Liverpool is phenomenal. You only need to look at the fact they're five times European Cup winners. Some of the great players who've played for this club. I genuinely think Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore. If you look back through the years, at the players and managers. You go back to Toshack and Keegan, Rush and Dalglish, Hansen and Lawrenson, Shankly and Paisley. Then you have the modern day in terms of Gerrard and Carragher. It's a club that's so full of history and tradition and passion.

How would you describe your own football philosophy?

The philosophy is very much based on the attacking side of the game. People ask me that question and I always say it's about being offensive and creative, but also with tactical discipline. If you look at the Swansea team in the last couple of years they've been lauded for their offensive approach but defensively we've kept many clean sheets and we're up there with the top defensive records. That's the principles of this club. This is a club that's based on fast, attacking, offensive football. But I'll repeat - it's very important to have tactical discipline within that. Your philosophy and your principles will always be governed by the players. There is a fantastic squad here, some terrific players, but there is no doubt I'll need to make maybe two, three or four additions to try and get that flow - and it will take time to put that in place.

Who are the influences on your managerial career?

I have been a student of the game. I've been coaching and managing for 20 years and travelled a lot as a coach. I've been very clear in my philosophy and had a clear vision in that since I was very young. My grandfather was a big supporter of Liverpool, along with my father, so I watched the late 70s and early 80s football. Obviously the Cruyff philosophy was very prominent because my dad was a big lover of Cruyff. As you move into the coaching, my philosophy has been a fusion between the British and the European. The single biggest influence would be Jose Mourinho, purely because he gave me the opportunity. I learned many things from Jose. He is a great man and the biggest thing he did for me is give me an opportunity and show belief in me, and give me that chance to work with top players.

The style you had at Swansea - would you hope to deploy a similar one here at Liverpool or does that depend on the players?

The principles of your game depend on the players but certainly that's a vision that I would hopefully over the next few years (implement). It certainly won't happen in game one because there are different types of players here. But over time, that's the ideology - to play that way. One, it's my belief, and two, it's the belief of the supporters. They enjoy watching it, and that's one of the biggest attractions coming here. Liverpool supporters are very educated in the game. We were here with Swansea earlier in the season and their style of football got a round of applause at the end of the game. That doesn't happen very often at away grounds.

Do you need time to build that philosophy here?

You do. There is no doubt about that. I'm very much a realist. It's certainly going to be a few years in relation to where the team is at now. It will need some investment and it will need time for me to work. But of course we're in the business of winning and winning games is important. But it's a philosophy and a style that's very much in the DNA of me and the club and hopefully we can roll that out over the years to come.

What does Liverpool Football Club mean to you personally?

For me it means an awful lot. There is a real emotional attachment. I've had a number of opportunities to leave Swansea and I wasn't going to leave Swansea for any club, because of my life both professional and personal. But the attraction of the history here, but also the attraction of the frustrations - to feel the club are still striving for that league title. Hopefully over the coming years that's something we can look to challenge for. Certainly not immediately, there are still a lot of improvements to be made. This is an iconic football club. It's a club that's up there with the world's great. When you talk Liverpool Football Club you're talking Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, AC Milan. It's an enormous club. The challenge and the motivation is for me to do the best I possibly can and I will always fight for my life for Liverpool, and that will be on and off the field.

How excited are you about some of the players you will be working with here?

I'm really looking forward to it. I spoke to Steven Gerrard last night. That was fantastic, I had a nice chat with him. I have always worked well with people. To me, it's doesn't matter whether they're big stars or not, the club's success is the most important and every player I work with will have to be a part of the team. There are some wonderful talents. If you look at the likes of Steven; Jamie Carragher has been a wonderful player for this football club; you've got Pepe Reina, who's a top, world-class goalkeeper, and many other talents within the group. I always have a close relationship with players. I speak very openly and honestly with them so they know where they stand. I like to educate players. You train dogs, I like to educate players both on and off the field.

Early days, of course, but have you identified transfer targets?

Again, it's important to assess the group, but having watched Liverpool I've certainly got an idea what could improve., that's for sure?

And have you spoken to the owners about a transfer budget?

Yes. There is money to spend. We haven't got the wheelbarrow overflowing. It's not falling out over the edges but there is money to spend. There are some terrific players here and big talents and I want to help improve them as players and as people. There will be some additions to improve and improve our way of playing as well.

Supporters here are desperate to get back in the Champions League - is that your own aim?

It's an aim for every manager at a top club. That's the holy grail, but also, in time, we want to be challenging for the title. For me, and it's not going to be straight away because that's not realistic, winning the title is something we want to achieve. It's not just aiming for fourth place. The Champions League is fantastic and that's where this club wants to be. It's going to be a process and ultimately, hopefully, that will take us up towards the top of the league and challenging. That's where this club belongs.

Finally, what would your message to Liverpool supporters be?

I'd just like to say, I'm honoured and blessed to be your manager. All I can promise is I'll fight for my life for the club. My family will move to the area and we're really excited about moving to the city of Liverpool, getting to know the football club and the people of Liverpool. I will leave no stone unturned in my quest - and that quest will be relentless - to try and get Liverpool back on the map again as a successful football club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rodgers-the-first-lfc-interview

brendan_rodgers_anfield_10.jpg

br500.jpg

brendan_rodgers_500_2.jpg

brendan_rodgers_500_3.jpg

brendan_rodgers_anfield_7.jpg

brendan_rodgers_anfield_6.jpg

brendan_rodgers_4_4fc8926cab605443796735.jpg

brendan_rodgers_anfield_5.jpg

brendan_rodgers_anfield_9.jpg

brendan_rodgers_anfield_8.jpg

brendan_rodgers_anfield_11.jpg

brendan_rodgers_anfield_13.jpg

rodgers_500_dressing_room.jpg

“It is disappointing, then, that Dave Whelan felt the need to run the kind of sideshow he conducted via television and various other media outlets.

“To be honest, I always thought John Bishop was the biggest comedian in the north west but Dave Whelan seems to have taken that mantle over the last couple of weeks.”

At one stage last week Whelan claimed Martinez had been made an offer by Liverpool, something Ayre denies.

He added: “That is patently not true. We make no secret of the fact we spoke with Roberto Martinez, but that is all we did.

“He is a great guy and I can’t speak highly enough of his professionalism and conduct.

“But for his chairman to make suggestions like he has, and suggestions that just aren’t true, well it is disappointing to say the least.

“We can say with absolute certainty that the only person who was made any offer by Liverpool Football Club is Brendan Rodgers.”

However, Whelan has defended his actions, saying: “My response Ian's criticism is a simple one — I wish Liverpool all the very best with their new manager.

“They have appointed a super lad for the job, a very good manager, and I am very happy for them.

“We’ve kept Roberto Martinez, so I wish them luck for next season."

liverpool to sign mike williamson from newcastle ?

So I guess even after the furoe last season Liverpool Football club still didn't take the common sense route of action and educate their players on what is fit to say and what isn't,

Even though my gut still tells me that Suarez knew full well that using the term in the course of an argument would cause offence, the benefit of the doubt could've been given, surely Liverpool even though the believe they were the victims in this, would've taken the action to educate their players on guarding themselves against this in the future. Ahh well.

Nice to see the cult on RAWK still not seeing how this doesn't paint their club in a good light, it's almost a parody.

(disclaimer, I don't in any way believe Glen Johnson has been racially abused due to the context of the message, the perceived friendship between the two and how the message was received, what is wrong is that it makes it clear that Liverpool as a football club took no measures into ensuring the same mess doesn't arise again)

There's not a club I despise more in the world but I keep on expecting more but keep being in a way disappointed,

From the welcoming of the two cowboys, where a load of us campaigning against the Glazer's in 2005 said we'd have got more support from our fanbase and senior club officials if we were Liverpool and thus had a better chance of succeeding,

To this mess last season and the way it was handled from the start,

For all my life I've supported a club who is largely made up of cunts, and I'm referring to the guys in suits, the manager and even the granny shagging number 10, add to that the camel face semi cripple and I'm almost suicidal. Bur no way would this have been handled and no actions taken afterwards if this had blown up at Old Trafford, no way.

smh what the f*ck pacheco why say that like you have lived under a rock all your life

johnson is hardly gona fight someone young enough to be his son

Given what's happened it was a silly thing to do but why would Johnson want to fight him?

He called him negrito prior to the Suarez incident and Johnson speaks Spanish.