Chelsea can't sign anyone for 18 months

Lieutenant

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ us doing the same for machedathe complete opposite, lazio were at the tme refusing to continue to pay for his travelling costs to come train, because he couldnt leave home as he had to provide for his family, and he lived sutting like a 1000 miles away from the training ground.. they said they would pay for him and some of his family to move closer or he has to fund himself, stupid move for them making such an ultimatum knowning he hadnt signed a proffesional contract yet.. the ball was always in his court..man utd came in, and 'saved his life' as he put it himself, offering him crazy figures compared to what lazio were currently paying and had offered, kiko and his family jumped at the chance to live 1000x more comfortably in england.and regards to the paul pogba transferLMAOthe reason they are YET to make an official complaint, cos the club THEY got pogba from have reported them to fifa and are waiting on a decision (lol at the media not knowing this), pogba has only been at le harve for 2 years, hardly the same.United would never get caught out like this, and why do you think any major club have never before this except roma maybe, this is a real rookie mistake by chelseaand i personally dont think chelsea are gonna come thru this lightly, this is F.I.F.A. not UEFA

It's more to do with Chelsea poaching him while considered a minor (15 at the time), who is under a contract (most likely an apprenticeship one) which was breached.Platini never handed out this, it's to do with Fifa, who's own department handled it.Not the first time Chelsea been caught with the trousers down is it?Sven? Cole? the two boys from Leeds?

March 2007 Stories begin to circulate about Chelsea's interest in Gaël Kakuta, a 15-year-old winger at Lens.April 2007 Francis Collado, the administrative director of Lens at the time, issues an official denial of Chelsea's interest on the club website. Collado claims that Kakuta is under contract until 2009 and warns that if Chelsea contact him they will be subject to Fifa disciplinary proceedings. “The risk is six months' suspension for the player and a year's ban on recruitment for the club,” Collado said. “These are the Fifa rules. There is no reason that they do not apply to Chelsea.”May 2007 Sources close to Kakuta claim he has not signed a new contract at Lens and plans instead to join Chelsea, who have offered a £10,000-a-week contract and a signing-on fee of €1million (now about £850,000).June 2007 Kakuta turns 16 and Chelsea believe he is free to sign for them. According to Lens, he is under contract to them, having signed a pre-contract agreement at the age of 14, which comes into effect on his 16th birthday.August 2007 Kakuta turns up in Malaysia playing for a Chelsea Under-19 team in a youth tournament. Lens claim he does not have the necessary documentation and registration to play for Chelsea.January 2008 Collado travels to London to hold talks with Peter Kenyon, the Chelsea chief executive, and Frank Arnesen, the director of scouting and youth development. Chelsea offer a compensation figure, which Collado dismisses as “ridiculous”. With no compromise reached, Lens carry out their threat to make a formal complaint to Fifa, alleging that Chelsea approached a contracted player and offered him inducements to break his contract.May 2008 Kakuta is voted Chelsea's Academy Player of the Year, having finished as the top scorer in the club's youth teams.February 2009 Kakuta breaks a leg and ankle in training and misses the rest of the season.September 2009 Fifa's dispute resolution chamber finds Kakuta guilty of breach of his contract with Lens and Chelsea guilty of inducing him to breach the contract. In addition to both guilty parties being fined, Kakuta is banned from playing for four months, while Chelsea are banned from signing players for the next two transfer windows. Chelsea immediately announce their intention to appeal.Words by Oliver Kayhttp://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6821149.ece

seestraight guiltystupid rookie mistake that other clubs wouldnt of made
No.He cannot have signed any contract because he was under age at the time. He was a free agent at 16 years old because he refused to sign a contract at Lens; anything agreed before is irrelevant as a minor cannot have a legally binding contract.Not to worry; there are many confused people like you who don't understand the situation at all.

He cannot have signed any contract because he was under age at the time. He was a free agent at 16 years old because he refused to sign a contract at Lens; anything agreed before is irrelevant as a minor cannot have a legally binding contract.
Francis Collado can still remember the day 18 months ago that he turned up at Peter Kenyon's big Stamford Bridge office and asked the Chelsea chief executive to pay him the money his club Lens believed they were due for their teenage prodigy Gael Kakuta. "Kenyon looked at me and smiled," Collado said. "He told me: 'That's not possible'." On that day Lens wanted €5m for Kakuta but rather less when that conversation took place. He was a young player no-one had heard of from a small club who bounced around the first and second tiers of French football. For Chelsea it must have been easy to say no. It would turn out to be the costliest mistake they ever made. Yesterday when Collado was contacted, he no longer works for Lens. When he visited Kenyon he was the club's director general, the right-hand man to the club's president of 21 years, Gervais Martel. When the news broke of Chelsea's extraordinary transfer ban and fine, Collado was happy to talk about the story that has turned English football upside down. In the room that day was Kenyon and Frank Arnesen. The two men have fought a bitter battle for influence behind the scenes ever since the latter's appointment as chief scout and director of youth development in 2005. Both of them have always sought to be Roman Abramovich's representative at Stamford Bridge. And on this occasion with Collado, Kenyon was trying to clear up a mess not of his own making. Arnesen (52) who was promoted to sporting director this summer, had found Kakuta through his extensive network of scouts and brought him to Chelsea in '07. The Dane, who was formerly a footballer at Ajax and Valencia, had established himself as one of the leading youth scouts and was mandated by Abramovich to sign the best young talent in the world. Recruited in controversial circumstances from Tottenham he had been given an unprecedented budget by the Russian to do so. Kakuta was just one of many unproven young talents that Arnesen had bought at great expense. He had infuriated Leeds chairman Ken Bates by signing two England U-17 internationals, Tom Taiwo and Michael Woods who eventually cost £5m. He had signed an Argentinian, Franco Di Santo from Audax Italiano in Chile for £3m. Jacob Mellis came from Sheffield United for £1m. There were many more, from Europe and beyond. It was a bigger budget than many Premier League clubs would spend on their first team. But Kakuta was the pick of them all. Left-footed, fast and immensely skilful he was already in the France U-17 team and no secret among Europe's scouts. Collado had been told by Martel that if Lens did not get the compensation they thought they deserved for the player they would have to go to Fifa. This was a unique player and one worth fighting for. "I told Peter Kenyon that Kakuta had signed a contract," Collado said. "In France we call it the contract aspirant. Players are not allowed to sign professional deals until they are 16 so instead they sign a bridging deal with the clubs. "It is a deal that says when they get to 16 they will agree to sign a professional contract with the club. Kakuta's contract was lodged with the FFF (French football federation). It was all above board. He was our player." Kakuta had first trained with Lens at the age of nine. He was born in Lille, 40 kilometres to the north-east of Lens, and came from a family who are believed to have emigrated from the Ivory Coast. Collado admitted that Kakuta's background did appear a little chaotic, the club were not certain who of those who brought him to training was his father or his uncle. But his ability with a ball was not in doubt. Collado said: "He signed with our centre de formation and then he signed a contract aspirant. Our academy programme costs €5m every year to run and we cannot just afford to lose our players for nothing. I said to Kenyon 'He has a contract with our club, you have to pay us the right money'. Kenyon said: 'It's my information that he does not have a contract'. "So I told Kenyon that we, as a club, were in the right and that we were prepared to take it all the way. I think that their lawyers thought they were right, that they had a good case and they would not get punished, or that the major sanctions would not apply to them. I said to them 'Please reflect on this and call us back.' They never, never, never called."
fuk chelseano historyno classno new players

No.He cannot have signed any contract because he was under age at the time. He was a free agent at 16 years old because he refused to sign a contract at Lens; anything agreed before is irrelevant as a minor cannot have a legally binding contract.Not to worry; there are many confused people like you who don't understand the situation at all.
He can sign & from my understanding he did sign a pre-contract.Those contracts obviously are somewhat binding, between the player and his parent club, as the "stealing" clubs usually agree to buy out the contract or offer some sort of compensation to his parent club for the sake of the player, notice he was fined more than the club. Arsenal didnt pay 9.1m for Southampton for the funny of it, Merida didnt get ordered to pay 3.2m Euros for the fun of it either, nor did Chelsea offer to pay something which was over the ruled amount if they, well the player didnt have to... They just thought they could bully the club and nothing would come of it.

He can sign & from my understanding he did sign a pre-contract.Those contracts obviously are somewhat binding, between the player and his parent club, as the "stealing" clubs usually agree to buy out the contract or offer some sort of compensation to his parent club for the sake of the player, notice he was fined more than the club. Arsenal didnt pay 9.1m for Southampton for the funny of it, Merida didnt get ordered to pay 3.2m Euros for the fun of it either, nor did Chelsea offer to pay something which was over the ruled amount if they, well the player didnt have to... They just thought they could bully the club and nothing would come of it.
You cannot have a legally binding contract with a minor; pre-contract or other. He was technically a free agent at the time and free to sign with other clubs. That is what I said and what you've posted is pretty much irrelevant tbh.That Chelsea have to pay Lens compensation is a given the problem here is that unlike the other clubs who have signed young players in similar situations the clubs were unable to come to an agreement. A transfer ban is unacceptable as no contract was broken; you can't 'induce' a player to break a contract that does not exist.You're another one who is speaking for the sake of speaking without truly understanding facts.Who's getting sonned next? Line up please.

how do u no no contract exsistedwhat do u no about that contract aspirant for under 16 players in france?are u a french legal expert as well as a rentboy?
A 'contract' with a minor holds as much weight as a verbal agreement i.e they are worthless.I'm not a lawyer I just know how to search for information and comprehend things without making an idiot of myself. Try it you never know you might like the feeling.

So fifas dispute resolution team who have found chelsea guilty of breach of contract are made up of idiots who cant comprehend info, cos contracts with minors 'hold no weight' ok what thanks for ur breakdown matebut i think im gonna wait for the result of the appeal before makin them statements there