basically ive been doing

chest/biceps

rest

legs

Shoulders/triceps

rest

back/calves/abs

suits the workouts im doing, strength is soaring

will be changing up in November to a more size building regime... so will have separate days for back, chest+shoulders, legs and arms.

Im a 4 day a week guy, with sat+sun my most productive days.....

i still reckon for people who go 3 days its best they do whole body workouts....dnno someone else might know better then me

I've never been a fan of that whole body stuff. Not a believer that you can go hard enough if your only doing 1 or 2 exercises per body part. Also think it would be hell running round the gym trying to use everything. Has anyone here done full body workouts and got good results from it?

Its not like I'm new to gynming it, I know the cue. Not everyone goes gym to get big belive it or not.

Was only asking how you guys stick to a routine when you're either off of work or on term break from uni...

Self control tbh.. even when i'm not hungry i sometimes eat when i'm bored... iv got a load of protien bars and beef jerky for these times instead of what a few years ago would of been crisps and chocolate.

Key thing is not to snack on junk, instead have an extra big meal or 2 per day.

musclefood.com is a decent site to get food from.

Monday - Chest and light weight/ more reps (20+) tri's (prob biggest session of the week)..

Tuesday - rest my upper body and do a legs sesh

wednesday - back and light weight / more rep (20=) bi's

Thursday - Hard shoulders sesh

Friday - Heavy weight Arms (bi's and tri's) the normal 10 reps but with basically as heavy as i can lift while maintaining a good technique

Saturday - i have football so i take that as my cardio

Sunday - rest

15-20 mins on abs at the end of each sesh + 10 minutes on a rower as a warm up and and 5 minutes as a warm down.

Rah You must be in good shape. You been going religiously 6 days a week like that or is it a recent thing?

/

Back in gym 2moro. Gonna be banging rozay and caressing the dumbells like a lost wife.

truss must be serious shape

looking to do 60 days straight from 2nd jan

need to be ready for when i fly

solid for a year soo far... my dad used to be a personal trainer and that's how he taught me.. he has the best physique iv seen for someone pushing 50

A lot of people like to bulk first then cut.. my aim is to gradually do both at the same time then i can effectively get the size i want without over-doing it, can't stand the bulky "t shirt trainers" in the gym that think they're massive because they got excess fat covering their muscle.

1 of my boys is doing a work-out that was reccomended to him by a body builder... going HARD for 4 weeks GYM & DIET...every single day of the week (1 rest of day for solid cardio).. then a whole weeks rest..then a solid 2 weeks.. then a weeks rest.

ill let you know how it goes.

so super september flopped a bit coz i went on a 4 night stag do in the middle of the month and drank so much straight vodka on the last night that i couldnt eat for 2 days...then when i could eat again i got a cold. talk about fail

since then tho, managed to get sh*t back on track. football 1 or two days a week, 3 or 4 days in the gym, and a core day at my boys house, usually saturday rest day (but walk around teh city centre for 1-2 hours), been maintaining that for about a month so far

i feel kinda like, if i dont exercise one day, im a bit lethargic and almost not as happy. its weird coz i can embrace being a lazy f*cker but when im active i feel a lot better

I normally go 5 times a week. I work biceps on back day, with a single biceps days three days after. I do the same with chest and triceps, I do the triceps three days after but I do it with shoulders that time.

do people have an arms day or do u do them at the same time as something else? i'm thinking about doing bis and tris one day a week, but i can't seem to fit them in without them still aching when it comes to working something like my back/chest.

when i had loads of free time and basically lived in the gym, i used to have kind of an arms day, i did other stuff but as well but a lot of arm mostly. I cant justify that anymore its not a practical use of my time. I just tack some curls on whenever i feel like nowadays and tbh its made virtually no difference.

im a big fan of chucking in bicep work after the triceps are fatigued/pumped. also if youve been doing everything strict, start cheating, if youve been using a lot of body english get strict. And keep alternating as appropriate.

and the best cure for doms is more work so dont be a p*ssy.

I've never been a fan of that whole body stuff. Not a believer that you can go hard enough if your only doing 1 or 2 exercises per body part. Also think it would be hell running round the gym trying to use everything. Has anyone here done full body workouts and got good results from it?

depends on the exercises doesnt it, I think a whole body routine orientated around the big compound movements is a much better option for beginners. For instance Starting strength is a whole body routine, each workout consists of only 3 different movements but beginners make far better progress on this than doing a body part split consisting of 3x8 on a ton of different isolation movements. And by beginner i mean anyone who is not yet able to at least benchpress their bw, squat 1.5x bw and deadlift 2x bw.

personally i divide the body in two, upper and lower. but really the emphasis is on the lifts, so on bench day i focus on exercises that are going to bring up the bench, obv chest and tricep movements feature heavily but i also do rows and upper back work because they assist the bench press.

safe for the advice, oh a little tip for anyone making fruit smoothies with their protein powder, if you find ur self spending sh*t loads on fruit (coz it's always going off, i swear strawberries last about 2 days before they start getting furry) stick a load in the freezer, then when u blend it up it's nice and cold and it doesn't go off either.

Expensive but its practically over the road from me so I think it will be worth it, before work, after work and late night swims. The convenience will justify the price I assume.

lol boii i used to tell myself them 1s bout going swimming all the time... i'm a proper motivated kinda guy aswell.. but it just don't happen..

/

can't deal with them leisure centre gyms.. too many guys pissing about with a bad technique, on thier phones etc looking at me weird when i hit gym in my work garms.. my current gym is a nice mix between the 2 (posh and ghetto).. no swimming pool etc but no thugs either