THE SMARTPHONE THREAD

Lenny

Guest Triple XXX

i want that dell android device so badly gonna stack hard for it

i need a new windows phone aswell, i tried to order the HD2 but i dnt know what happened with that gonna try again cos it looks like nothing is f*ckin with that

• 2 weeks later...
Android Smartphones Outsell iPhone

Smartphones running Google's Android operating system have begun outselling Apple's iPhone both in Korea and overseas.

A total of 28,900 Android-powered smartphones were sold in Korea in the first week of this month, according to handset makers and telecom providers on Tuesday. They include 20,000 units of Samsung Electronics' Galaxy A, 5,600 units of Pantech's Sirius, and 3,300 units of LG Electronics' Andro-1. In the same period 25,700 iPhones were sold.

Android smartphones have also overtaken the iPhone for second place in the U.S. market. According to market researcher NPD on Monday, Android smartphones accounted for 28 percent of the market, compared with 21 percent for the iPhone. The top-selling model in the quarter was Research In Motion's BlackBerry, which captured a 36-percent market share.

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/05/12/2010051200400.html

Dell Mini 5 launching in June

dell_streak_face_w500.jpg

Dell's main man reveals more details about Dell Mini 5 tablet.

The Dell Mini 5 Android tablet will be launching in June. Not an idle rumour, but cold hard fact, as revealed by the PC-maker’s founder Michael Dell. And as well as a release date, Dell also confirmed a string of other juicy details.

The European launch, which is scheduled for next month, will mean punters across the continent will be the first in the world to play with the Mini 5, which also goes under the name of the Dell Streak.

Michael Dell says O2 will be offering contracts and that US network AT&T will follow suit later this year. It’s great to see a big league gadget make it here first for a change.

Dell, speaking at the Citrix Synergy conference, showed off the Mini 5 running Citrix Receiver software, allowing it to remotely control desktop apps. Word is this won’t be bundled and that instead the Mini 5 will come with basic Android apps only.

And as for a price? Well, Dell’s keeping characteristically quiet, but expect it to undercut the iPad nicely.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

only thing is...i love the hardware qwerty keyboard on my G1

only reason why i've stuck with this phone for so long.

got 2 contracts literally sitting there waiting to be upgraded, but nothing has taken my fancy.

Just switching between my g1 and hd2...

lol same

i think im ready to upgrade but lookin for another touch screen / hardware qwerty

theres the vivaz pro but not sure about that

googling "qwerty slider" the N9 might be worth a shout:

http://www.techdigest.tv/2010/06/video_nokia_n9.html

Vivaz Pro is wack, unless you like the simple type of phones

The N9 will annoy you, that phone is for nerds who like to continually mess around with the phone. The OS seems unfinished

The X10 mini pro looks decent, runs android and has a hardware keyboard

The Motorola Milestone also has a hardware keyboard and runs android

Vivaz Pro is wack, unless you like the simple type of phones

The N9 will annoy you, that phone is for nerds who like to continually mess around with the phone. The OS seems unfinished

The X10 mini pro looks decent, runs android and has a hardware keyboard

The Motorola Milestone also has a hardware keyboard and runs android

cool

im tempted to just stick with my G1 but the camera is pretty sh*t so trying to campture those certain moments usually ends in failure/crap footage

you know of anything coming up thats worth holding out for? im in no rush and nothings worse than upgrading then wishing you had waited a little longer (eg my mate who got an IPhone 3GS like 2 months ago :lol:

• 1 year later...