January Transfer Window Thread

Lenny

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Portuguese

Maxi to Boca.Anyways I hope we(Benfica) keep Di Maria until after WC then we will make silly money and a big profit from the 7M euros paid after The WYC U20 in Canada 07.

Guest Portuguese
Suns reporting that RVN looks certain to move to Liverpool in the next few days with Van Der Vaart joining on loan aswell.
Lies or Florentino Perez going loco again(VDV is playing well IMHO should be ahead of the returning Kaka but Madrid=politics it won't happen but as RVN it looks very likely)

Guest Portuguese
United should be doing everything in their power trying to sign VDV, but he won't leave & I don't think Pelligrini would let him go anyway, he's been killing it lately./United really should tried twanging Madrid for Sneijder or VDV during the CR9 saga.
should of asked for 50m + Sneijder/higuian

United should be doing everything in their power trying to sign VDV, but he won't leave & I don't think Pelligrini would let him go anyway, he's been killing it lately./United really should tried twanging Madrid for Sneijder or VDV during the CR9 saga.
should of asked for 50m + Sneijder/higuian
Nar would of rather kept the extra 30 Million on top of that 50.

this would've made too much sense for it to happen
Nope am happy if we still have the £80 Million Ronaldo money.
Gambino= :D :(and just for the record the word out of the club was that we had the ronalado money plus an extra 30 million to spend sot its closer to 110 mill than 80 but nevermind we'll wait till after the worldcup when the prices really go crazy

Real Madrid are preparing a £60m move for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, who is their top summer transfer target, and will pursue him in the same way they chased Cristiano Ronaldo last season.Full story: Daily StarLiverpool are set to sign Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy next week and also hope to bring in his Real Madrid team-mate Rafael van der Vaart on loan until the end of the season.Full story: The SunAs well as Van Nistelrooy, Reds boss Rafael Benitez is poised to bring in Atletico Madrid winger Maxi Rodrigez on loan - but he will have to offload striker Andriy Voronin first to free up space on the club's wage bill and hopes to sell him to CSKA Moscow or Dynamo Moscow in a £1.5m deal.Full story: Daily TelegraphVoronin is set to join German side Hertha Berlin, who he played for on loan last season, in a permanent £2.5m deal.Full story: The SunTottenham are poised to make a £12m January swoop for Manchester City right-back Micah Richards, while City will bolster their defence by signing Sol Campbell on a short-term deal and spending a total of £25m on West Ham's Matthew Upson and Borussia Dortmund's Neven Subotic.Full story: Daily ExpressBirmingham are close to wrapping up a £2.5m deal for Sporting Gijon midfielder Michel and are set to make a £3.5m bid to sign midfielder Craig Gardner from Aston Villa. Full story: Daily MirrorArsenal manager Arsene Wenger has ruled out making another bid for Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh. Full story: The SunWenger is confident of beating Tottenham and Everton to sign Chamakh when he becomes a free agent in the summer after being told there is no chance of buying the Moroccan in January - but the Gunners boss is also considering buying another striker this month and is interested in Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko and Toulouse's Andre-Pierre Gignac.Full story: Daily MirrorHull City boss Phil Brown hopes to agree a loan deal with Manchester City striker Felipe Caicedo, who is currently on loan at Sporting Lisbon.Full story: The SunCash-strapped Portsmouth's hopes of raising money by selling players in the January transfer window have been hit by a lack of interest in their players. Full story: Daily TelegraphPortsmouth's hopes of selling former Tottenham midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng to Blackburn for £4m could be scuppered by a Fifa rule preventing players from playing for more than two clubs in the same season.Full story: The TimesBurnley boss Owen Coyle fears Portsmouth's financial crisis could ruin his hopes of keeping on-loan Pompey striker David Nugent at Turf Moor.Full story: Daily MirrorTottenham will recall midfielder Jamie O'Hara when his loan spell ends at Portsmouth this month and send him on loan to another Premier League club.Full story: Daily MailBirmingham have made an offer of more than £3m for Peterborough striker Aaron McLean, who has been watched by scouts from a host of other Premier League sides.Full story: The SunTottenham have agreed a deal to sign Brazilian international midfielder Sandro from Internacional but may have to wait until the summer for him to arrive at White Hart Lane.Full story: The TimesMiddlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan looks like being priced out of a move for Celtic striker Scott McDonald after being told the Australian international would cost him £3.5m.Full story: Daily MirrorCeltic are interested in Blackburn striker Benni McCarthy, who would be allowed to leave Ewood Park for £2.5m.Full story: Daily MailSheffield United have turned down Newcastle's £1m bid for centre-back Matt Kilgallon.Full story: The SunCrystal Palace must sell teenage winger Victor Moses this month to ease their financial problems and will accept £3m for the 19-year-old - who is being trailed by Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham, Arsenal, Birmingham, Wigan, Everton and West Brom. Full story: Daily Mail

You know whats deep though is we don't even need to buy any players and Wenger knows this but a couple more key injuries and we're f*cked. We need to grow out of this mentality that nearly is good enough and develop killa instinct. RVP will be back in may but f*ck holding a space in the starting line up for him we should bring in a striker on RVPs level hope he starts badding it up then force RVP to work back into the team. Striker aint even that deep a problem though cah we always gonna bag with the team we got. We need to keep that midfield solid. See songs been donning this season so weve got to replace him. Swear i'd even get Gilberto back but we need somebody that can hold it down until Song comes back. theres bare man out there that can do it. Once we do that then we got enough other midfieldes to hold it down attacking. I don't give a f*ck if we get ripped of we need to replace Song apid if we want to win the title. Centre backs f*cked as well if we get sum1 injured so we should bring in a loan player to do the job. f*ck Sol Campbell we need someone better than that. Yo theres bare names i'm thinking but if we get a player in the big boy leagues like Arshavin i'd be breezy.

Theres so much wrong in that post Im not bothering to dissect it. Anyways, theres always a dizzying amount of speculation this time of the year, no point taking notice. Good for a laugh though.

Theres so much wrong in that post Im not bothering to dissect it. Anyways, theres always a dizzying amount of speculation this time of the year, no point taking notice. Good for a laugh though.
why? we need a centre back and DM for cover. Theres no point replacing RVP if we gonna cut corners am i lying? f*ck money I wanna win the title.

Bordeaux qualified from the group stages of Champions League, Wenger thinking well Bordeaux will make more money from getting to the quarters then I'm gonna bid for Chamakh so its in their best interests to not sell. However he needs to think of OUR best interests and if thats the player he wants now is the time he needs him. Yes to wait till May would be a better deal for us financially but the season done in May and no strikers with those games in late Jan/Feb means our season could be done by Valentines Day.Thing is Wenger has been at this crossroads before.

I already said you lot are sorted

Bordeaux qualified from the group stages of Champions League, Wenger thinking well Bordeaux will make more money from getting to the quarters then I'm gonna bid for Chamakh so its in their best interests to not sell. However he needs to think of OUR best interests and if thats the player he wants now is the time he needs him. Yes to wait till May would be a better deal for us financially but the season done in May and no strikers with those games in late Jan/Feb means our season could be done in first week of Feb.
Waiting is the better option in Wengers mind, which is understandable.Huntelaar on loan is a pretty good option till then I would say.