January Transfer Window Thread

Lenny

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its worked so far this season. And as i said theres more pressing problem areas in the team that need improving first
strikers ? midfielders ?but i slyly think we actually dont have any money. dont for one minute believe SAF honestly thought bringing in Obers, Valencia and Owen would be enough. no way.

Whats that sound ohh, its the penny dropping.hopefully the glazers realise that no trophies mean no profits/cash for them so they free up some cash anyone who thinks that SAF didnt want to make some big money signings to replace the departing Ronaldo and Tevez and the aging Scholes and Giggs is mad.

16 million on Valencia and around 2.5/3 on Obertan probably this is when we were told that we'd have the regulation 30 million to spend plus all the ronaldo money. it wouldnt be so bad but the squad needs improving.110 million, I'mnot saying all of that should be spent but the squad should be adequetly improved or we should at least make bids for playerswe reportedly bid 25mill for Benzema then ran off with our tail between our legs when Real bid a bit more. this when were meant to be "the biggest sports "franchise"/football club in the world"

Whats that sound ohh, its the penny dropping.hopefully the glazers realise that no trophies mean no profits/cash for them so they free up some cash anyone who thinks that SAF didnt want to make some big money signings to replace the departing Ronaldo and Tevez and the aging Scholes and Giggs is mad.
He said there wasnt anyone worth buying. Who do you think he should have gone for? Not many players out there who can replace what Ronaldo doesYou should have kept Tevez though

Do you agree that there are no players in world football who could improve and add more creativity to our midfield?he said there is quality out there but he doesnt see any value. But as i've said the dumbest thing is the prices are only gonna get even more crazy with the world cup coming up. and its rich us moaning about inflated prices when our demands in the Ronaldo deal is what inflated them in the first place. it just wouldve made too much sense to invest in players before the Ronaldo deal was made public and the prices went crazythe The whole Llayjic (or however you spell his name) saga Fergie comes out in Novemeber after the lad comes over for another week of training with the 1st team and says he's lookinggood and we cant wait to have him join in Jan then a month later we pull out of the deal saying basically the lad is no good. SUSPECTdoes anyone know the details of Cleverly's loan deal? i.e whens he back

C/S the desire for shiteh to not win the fermented drink cupWe Arsenal fans know how it feels for sh*t, minimal history local rivals to spend tubloads of money just win the beer cupChelsea did it too
the worse thing is City haven't even started yet (spending wise)the next decade good be very interesting the two greatest teams in the country in Financial problems and things aren't looking like improvng City and Chelsea could quite feasibly dominate the next decade. (god Forbid)

Who do you think he should have gone for?
to be honest i'm not one of these football fans who spend a lot of time watching a load of football from other countries so i'm not the best person to ask. but i know for a fact that there are obtainable players out there who could improve our team and add more dimensions to our playfrom when Villa have at least 2 maybe 3 wingers/wide players who could get into our first 11 and improve it . we have a problem (no offence to Villa)

C/S the desire for shiteh to not win the fermented drink cupWe Arsenal fans know how it feels for sh*t, minimal history local rivals to spend tubloads of money just win the beer cupChelsea did it too
the worse thing is City haven't even started yet (spending wise)the next decade good be very interesting the two greatest teams in the country in Financial problems and things aren't looking like improvng City and Chelsea could quite feasibly dominate the next decade. (god Forbid)
Don't worry Arsenal and Villa will be here...

United could have EASILY tried to get some sort of swap deal for Robben, Sneijder or VDV during the CR9 saga.EASILY.
thats what i'm sayin only reason why this maybe wasn't possible is beacause the money was needed to service the debt/line Glazers pockets

I've always looked at the Ronaldo transfer as a deal, Fergie didnt want to agree to whatsoever.With that being said I feel reasons were made to him why it was in the best interest for the MANAGEMENT OF THE CLUB i.e letting the money sit in the bank will either/and vastly help cash flow and reduce the interest rate on the debt.So he agreed.While he could have got the players at Madrid, I dont think he even thought about it cos he didnt want to deal with Madrid at all, and plus who would want to be the offensive player that comes from Madrid in the transfer for Ronaldo, even Valencia is having a tough time with the replacing Ronaldo tag and he came from Wigan.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is set to launch a surprise move for Aston Villa centre-forward John Carew, according to a report from the Daily Star Sunday.Ready cash is in short supply at Anfield, but the powerful Norwegian could be prised away from Villa park for £3 million. His current contract expires in 18 months' time, and there has not yet been any indication that manager Martin O'Neill is to offer him a new one.Carew played for Benitez at Valencia, and the Spaniard is said to still be an admirer of the 30-year-old, who is apparently unhappy about slipping behind England striker Emile Heskey in the Villa Park pecking order.Forwards Ryan Babel and Andriy Voronin are set to be sold in the next month as Benitez looks to raise some cash and move to strengthen his striking options.
Would be a good buy, Some people saying perhaps its Heskey. Dont think MON will want to sell to us seeing as it will only make us stronger and at the moment they are in a better position than us in the league.