Ramsey update thread

Badman

Aaron Ramsey visited the Arsenal training ground this week and was able to walk unaided as he caught up with his team-mates.The midfielder suffered a season-ending broken leg in the Gunners' 3-1 win over Stoke City last month. Prior to that the 19-year-old had been enjoying a run in the first-team and had scored four times this season.Speaking shortly before Premier League game against West Ham, manager Arsène Wenger told Arsenal TV Online that he was pleased with the early stages of Aaron's recovery."He has been encouraged to walk without crutches and he is doing that," said the Frenchman."The recovery is going as well as you could hope for at this stage of the injury. He is, of course, impatient as anybody would be in his position."But we have had no bad surprises. Until now, everything has been going to plan."

Guest Intervention
Trust, if it was Rooney that got inj, you would not hear the last of it
Well he is english AND englands best playerramsey is a welsh teenager who is yet to really make his mark on the pl

• 2 weeks later...
The nature of Aaron Ramsey's leg-break meant that - to the surprise of many - he was able to walk unaided back into the training ground recently. The young Welshman underwent surgery immediately after the horrendous injury that followed a tackle by Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross at the Britannia Stadium at the end of February and, after a few weeks recuperation back home in Caerphilly, he returned to ‘work' to meet delighted team-mates and training ground staff."It's so good to be back here," said the 19 year-old, "you don't realise how much you'd miss football until you're not doing it for a long period of time, the days just become boring, so I can't wait to continue with my recovery and get back into action."What happened was a shock to everyone I think, but they've done unbelievably well to go back and win that game and they've carried on ever since. Hopefully that'll continue - obviously I'm very disappointed not to be out there on the pitch but I still feel a part of things and believe I've contributed over the season. I want to win the title as much as my team-mates do and hopefully they can achieve that for all of us."And Aaron, similar to his good friend Kieran Gibbs, will at least get to enjoy some warm-weather recuperation. "I'm going on holiday to Dubai for a bit this week and then the medical team will reassess the injury and we'll go from there. Dubai will just be to relax, obviously my leg starts to ache if I walk on it too much, but it'll be nice to get away and have a bit of sun."The full interview with Aaron features in today's Wolves matchday programme when he also reveals which other sportsmen have offered advice on his recovery, how much the support of the Gunners' fans has helped him and, having watched the challenge again, just what he thought about that fateful tackle. http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ramsey

• 4 months later...
Arsène Wenger is hoping that Aaron Ramsey will return in November.The Welshman suffered fractures to the tibia and fibula of his right leg during Arsenal's 3-1 win at Stoke City back in February. His recovery has been swift since then but, until today, Wenger had not revealed the expected date of his comeback. Now November has been ringed on the calendar.
Aaron Ramsey is waiting impatiently for his chance to play football again. The Welshman suffered fractures to the tibia and fibula of his right leg during Arsenal's win at Stoke in February but, after a lengthy rehabilitation, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Arsène Wenger earmarked November as an expected date for Ramsey’s return when he spoke to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday. But the manager admits that the 18-year-old would love to come back sooner. “He is impatient like an 18-year-old player who wants to play,” Wenger told reporters at his pre-match press conference. “He is working hard like somebody who comes back from a massive injury. “Of course last week he started to run so that is good news for us. He looks as good as he can after such a big injury.

• 1 month later...
Wales caretaker manager Brian Flynn insists that midfielder Aaron Ramsey is well on the road to recovery.The 19-year-old sustained a double fracture in his lower right leg in a game against Stoke City in February, owing to a tackle from Potters dedender Ryan Shawcross.It had been initially thought that the youngster could spend about a year on the sidelines, but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger revealed in August that the Welshman would return to action in November.And now Flynn is happy with the progress that the starlet has made in terms of recovery."I’ve spoken with Aarron and he’s making great progress," said the Wales boss, according to The Mirror."He told me he will be back in full training in three weeks."He’s a great talent and we all want him back playing again. It’s great news for Arsenal, Wales and of course for Aaron himself."
:D
  • Upvote 1

Cesc was suppose to have been over his injury for Chelsea game, so he fit.Hopefully Diaby's ankle isnt keeps him just out for internationals.Gibbs, Walcott & van Persie must be 10 more days or so.Bendtner saying two weeks more.Ramsey three weeks.Happy days.f*ck knows about Vermaelen or who else will come back from internationals injured too.