Ramsey update thread

Badman

Watched the incident a number of times and the initial reaction from some of our players was pretty pathetic. Sol in particular, f*ck*ng drama queen.I mean It was a f*ck*ng stoke player who tended to him until the Lewin got there./Don't mean to sound insensitive but this could see Merida extending his contract.All jokes aside Ramsey's development since he's signed has been phenomenal./That article from arseblogger is one his best.
Come on Gael admit it, your loving this aint you?
Not even. All I ever wanted was Ramsey or Merida to be played on merit.

John Toshack today provided some encouraging news regarding Aaron Ramsey's condition when he revealed the Arsenal midfielder could be back playing in six months despite fracturing the fibula and tibia of his right leg in a challenge with Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday.Ramsey was today discharged from hospital in Staffordshire and spoke to Toshack as well as his Wales team-mate and close friend Chris Gunter en route to a hospital in London, where he will spend the next 48 hours.Toshack, the Wales manager, reported that Ramsey was in "surprisingly good spirits" and backed the 19-year-old to make a full recovery from what he described as a "horrific injury which for those who saw it makes you want to vomit".Arsenal have been reluctant to give a timescale for when Ramsey may play again and would confirm only that he would miss the remainder of the season when the club released a statement.But the Football Association of Wales, which has been in contact with Arsenal's medical staff, has learned that, provided there are no setbacks during his rehabilitation, Ramsey could be back playing as early as September.Toshack, however, has stressed that he will be adopting a circumspect approach and working on the assumption that the player will be unavailable for the start of the 2012 European Championship qualifying campaign, which gets under way in September and could include an early meeting with England, who were drawn in the same group."We have heard opinions from one or two people this morning that in between six and nine months he could be back," said the Wales manager today. "Others have said it could be a little bit longer. We just don't know yet."It's not something we're putting a time on. I think at the moment we're better planning without him. We're going to have to start thinking of beginning the European Championship without him and if he is available it will be a bonus."Toshack, who confirmed he had approached Shawcross about the possibility of playing for Wales before the central defender's England call-up, admitted Ramsey would be a huge loss."Aaron has improved immensely over the last six or seven months and, from a selfish point of view, it's a big blow to all of us at Wales," he said. "But the main thing at this particular moment in time is the player himself."Mental strength is going to be important for him but I don't think, from what we know of him, we would expect that to be a problem. He's a tough guy."Glenn Whelan was the first on the scene when Ramsey collapsed in agony and the Stoke midfielder offered his support for the Welshman as well as suggesting Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, may regret the critical comments he directed at Shawcross."Everyone involved hopes that the young lad gets back as soon as possible because he looks a terrific player," said Whelan, who maintained that the tackle, which led to Shawcross receiving a straight red card, was "late" rather than "malicious".He added: "I was the next one in and the lad himself kept trying to look at his leg and I was trying to hide it to take his mind off it. He just kept saying 'My leg, my leg'. He actually held on to me because of the pain he was going through."I would think at the time, Mr Wenger felt a little upset because of how bad the injury was and it's not the first time it has happened to Arsenal but if he looks back, I'm sure he'll take those views back."http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/01/john-toshack-aaron-ramsey-recovery

tbh, as the man with the experience in the team he shouldve been the one there trying to console and tend to Ramsey. acting like a moronic ape didnt do any good to anyone, he should know better. but i understand why you'd see his reaction as being a positive thing. at the time i did find it pretty odd that the player who was at Ramsey's side throughout was a Stoke player.Lots of top players have come back from this injury before without it having too much of an adverse effect on their futures hopefully the same happens here

it happens because football hasnt got real tackles in it anymore its some poof game so players dont really learn the art of defending and blood gets to their headtheir is a art to tacklingdont know how people dont see it and british and just footballers in the modern game generally dont possess any skillset in that angle at all bar a selected few

• Downvote 1

Thought sols reaction was good tbh.Usually our players act like pussyoles, sol looked like he wanted to war shawcross. Thats what the team needs, show some passion.
Agreed. Plus that's probably his way of showing he cares (no homo)
for real i rated sols reaction after he kicked off everyone else did
sols reaction + fabregas was very goodthats what u wanna see

SMH

Wenger should apologise to ShawcrossMon Mar 01 01:52PMStoke City's Shawcross is sent off after a challenge on Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey during their English Premier League soccer match in StokeArsene Wenger was wrong to criticise Ryan Shawcross for the challenge which broke Aaron Ramsey's leg and should apologise to him.Sometimes your emotions get the better of you. Sometimes when it happens to a team-mate or a player in your team you need to take a step back, have another look and think about what you say.You have a young player like Shawcross involved in an incident and Wenger, the manager of Arsenal, responds like that: other young players will see how reactive he is and perhaps follow his lead.Wenger thinks that this kind of thing only happens to Arsenal and comes out with all sorts of conspiracy theories to 'prove' that Manchester United and Chelsea have got an unfair advantage.But the reason why he directs these conspiracies at those clubs are because they are the ones who are winning things.No one sets out to kick Arsenal out of the game. Every Stoke player has played with that competitive edge for years, and it has seen them establish themselves as a Premier League team.Shawcross is only a young lad and a top manager like Wenger should know better than to go off talking like that about him. If it had been one of Arsenal's young players who had done that to an opponent, he wouldn't want anyone criticising him in that way.Wenger should, for the 100th time, take a long, hard look in the mirror after what he said. When something like this happens, he should count to 2,025 before he opens his mouth.Referee Peter Walton saw Ramsey's leg and was affected by it: he signalled for the physio, backed off a few yards and issued a red card.That is understandable, but accidents do happen. Just because the aftermath looks gruesome does not mean it is the result of a bad challenge.People can trip over and break their leg, ankle, arm, anything; what would the ref do then? Send off a blade of grass? Dismiss a piece of turf?He should have thought about it more, talked to his assistant. They can do that, through those microphones that they have hanging off their faces, making them look stupid: they say they don't, but they do. Otherwise what's the point of them?The red card can't be rescinded but it probably wasn't a sending off. The problem is that everyone jumps on the bandwagon and influences the decision.It wasn't the first time it has happened to Arsenal, and it certainly won't be the last - but you've got to draw the line at how managers react to this sort of thing.You can't blame the laws of the game: football needs its competitive edge, the fans would be driven away if it was lacking from the sport.Wenger should say something to Shawcross, apologise or explain his reaction. The family of Ramsey will be looking at what happened and what Wenger said afterwards, and think the boss is sticking up for our boy. With the emotion surrounding the incident it is understandable. But you can't do it every time.It never used to happen like this: maybe it is a result of the media being everywhere. Straight away there are cameras focusing on the incident and everyone's got an opinion.TV will want that reaction, thinking: 'Go on Arsene, condemn him.'Shawcross has been called into the England squad and he doesn't deserve the grief he's getting.As for whether he'll play at Wembley, judging by the way things are today he'll get a game straight away. With the Rio Ferdinand scenario too he should at least come on.It used to be different: when I got called up by Bobby Robson I was on the bench for a few games. He said: "You need to sit in the stands and watch how we play before you come in."Is there a right time to come in, or a wrong time? There are only so many games before the World Cup. It would have benefited Shawcross to come into a settled side.Before the 1990 World Cup Bobby never changed it much, even for friendlies: there was a comfort zone for incoming players, with so many established players making up the rest of the team. There were only ever one or two changes.It makes it difficult to come into a makeshift side - it takes a strong-minded player to perform within that environment. Paul Gascoigne did it before the tournament in Italy, but that was a rare case.Playing against the African champions from the start might be too much for a young kid; maybe 10-15 minutes at the end, when England are a bit more comfortable and possibly two or three goals up, would be the right time for him.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/paul-parker/article/19625/:/who the hell gave this Paul Parker yout a column some piss take guy was atrocious at playing football as wellshould just shut his mouth

Official statement from Aaron RamseyOn Friday night, Aaron Ramsey released the following statement:“I remember what happened clearly and after the tackle went in I saw that my leg was broken and hanging at an angle. I have seen images of the aftermath of the collision again but I don’t want to dwell too much on the challenge as I can’t change what has happened.“It is difficult for me to take everything in at the moment. I thought I had been progressing well this season, so of course this is a real setback. It is very hard to take but I am young and have time on my side. I had an operation last weekend and while it will take time for my leg to heal, I am determined and focussed on overcoming this injury and hope to be back fitter and stronger than before. “I have been overwhelmed by the terrific support I have received from so many people including fans from many different football clubs. In particular, I would like to thank the medical team here at Arsenal for their efforts as well as the staff at both hospitals. Glenn Whelan was especially kind and I really appreciated his immediate assistance on the pitch as well as the medical support from Stoke City. I also want to say thanks to Arsenal for helping my family this week.“Last but certainly not least I have been blown away by the fantastic messages of support from the Arsenal fans. I am proud to be an Arsenal player and your support has been incredibly touching. Finally, I want to wish my teammates all the best for the remainder of the season. I know that we are capable of winning a trophy and I will be backing them all the way.”

Guest Tulse Hill

We're not in a position to do anything though,Chelsea still have the league in their destiny, its out of our hands so that banner is a bit off key.

Arsène Wenger spoke to Aaron Ramsey earlier this week and says the Welshman is already finding himself bored. The midfielder suffered a season-ending broken leg in the Gunners' 3-1 win over Stoke City last month. Prior to that the 19-year-old had been enjoying a run in the first-team and had scored four times this season. But Aaron now faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines and Wenger says that is frustrating the teenage sensation. "I spoke to him on Tuesday before the [Porto] game," said the manager. "You are bored when you are flying on the pitch and then suddenly you are lying on the bed. You can only be bored. "He is confident that he will come back. He is determined, but at the moment it is a problem of patience, and when you are 19-years-old, patience is not your first quality."http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-i-have-spoken-to-ramsey-and-he-is-bored-