General Election Topic

Mr Q

Nobodys mentioned Peter Mandilson

Guy is a complete c*ck granted but he was actually the one pulling the strings in the labour party he has serious power and influence

I don't think it's really his gig even if he could do it. He's more of a "control things from behind the scenes" type of guy. Plus he seriously lacks public appeal because of past situations (eg with Mo Mowlam), plus the fact he's generally a completely soulless individual, and both him and the Labour party know this.

Guest Jetz

To be fair to Mandelson did alot towards improving the Gordon Browns image and helped narrow the gap in the polls between the tories and Labour, but yeah he holds too much power within the labour ranks and was/is effectively second in charge. As for the next Labour leader I will most likely support David Miliband candidacy.

when the rebel mp's were causing a storm few months back for new leadership Millerband and Johnsons names were thrown about would not surprise me if they both go for it

would not trust Johnson my opnion changed of him when he went AGAINST scientist and listened to Sun listeners in the drug debate which led to few scientist resigning I thought he was a mong from then how can that man handle serious pressure

Guest El Padrino

Does anybody know the friggin constitution in the country?

Boulton is a fat twat.

Them 2 man should've boxed it out. More money for Rupert.

Is the constitution even written down?

[EDIT] A bit of Wiki perhaps?

Nope we have an unwritten constitution, made up various statute, case law, and conventions.

But it is still their, pisses me off that the media have whipped a lot of people into thinking this is the playground and rules can change whenever we want.

Nope we have an unwritten constitution, made up various statute, case law, and conventions.

But it is still their, pisses me off that the media have whipped a lot of people into thinking this is the playground and rules can change whenever we want.

Yeah, but convention is subject to change. Constitution isn't. That's a good as well as bad thing about the Westminster system.

Yeah, but convention is subject to change. Constitution isn't. That's a good as well as bad thing about the Westminster system.

Oh yeah admittedly so, a convention is a convention and can be changed/gotten rid of a lot easier than actual law. But, it doesn't mean that it should be changed by the media or at the will of one party.

Royal Prerogative is a convention, but they wouldn't just up and change it suddenly because the sun said so.

Its the conservatives own fault imo

they should just give the lib dems their Referendum on voting reforms and just use lord ashcroft's cash to finance a campaign against it when it comes to voting for the reforms.

Im sure someone must of told them to do this

labour clinging to power is making me sick

if theres a lib lab coaltion it wil be the end of both parties

it wil be a f*ck*ng disgrace

no its not a disgrace. if you dont like the political system practiced here..f*ck back to your pashtun village and run for Lord shephard

the people voted, however they didnt vote a party to win a majority

the political system relies on a majority party winning enough seats

whoever forms the majority...............rules. quite simple

the conservatives didnt WIN the election, dont ever think that.

• Upvote 1

Its the conservatives own fault imo

they should just give the lib dems their Referendum on voting reforms and just use lord ashcroft's cash to finance a campaign against it when it comes to voting for the reforms.

Im sure someone must of told them to do this

that's their plan, and the Lib Dems obviously know that

They offered them that and William Hague said just because its been offered doesn't mean it will go through.

check the left column http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/liveevent/

venom wy dnt u f*ck of bak 2 the tinpot african village u came from

labour lost the election...

the country has ended labour... they have no democratic right to govern us

every tinpot african village>>>>>>>>>>> your bomb ridden afghan village

labour did NOT lose the election, they didnt win as many seats as cons.

cons didnt win enough seats to govern the country simple as

they dont have any bigger claim to labour or the friggin afghan refugee party.

whoever forms a coalition that has more than 326 seats...rules. the end

Over 14m people in this country want a left minded government, albeit over two parties...

Conservatives won the most seats, however they didnt not get voted in as our next government.

As much as Labour lost, so did Conservatives, and so did the Lib Dem, or else we would not be having this debate. Nobody "won", if you win you take the prize, nobody won the prize.