General Election Topic

Mr Q

Smh. Swear atleast 50% of the people don't know what they are even voting for!

Whats the chances of Conservative NOT winning now?

They will win the most seats, thats definite, but not the minimum number of seats to gain majority power. But a Labour/Lib Dem combined still wont get to 326.

Who in the conservative party can run the economy better than allistar darling and gordan brown at this dire moment???

Low the being a stupid f*ck*ng prick

The boss of the bank of England revelaed the other day in a private meeting that whoever wins the election will not get voted in for the next generation because of the cuts that will have to occur so this can be a blessing in disguise

Feel sorry for G, he's the best man for the job he's just not media savvy

so if/when G gets booted whos gonna ben new labour leader? cos none of them old folk from up north are gonna vote for that yuteman milliband if they have a next election early next year

Milliband's quite a likeable guy as politicians go.

The old folk up North will never go blue, cos Thatcher took there jobs away. Conservative dont even go up there, cos they know what time it is. They just have to hope for those whole generations to disappear.

At work what did Clegg say he is going to deal with the tory’s?

Rememeber him saying he had the moral right to talk with the tory’s if they won

So what man is actually backing them??

If so he deserves to be shot f*ck*ng snake

i would rather him back conservative

but the irony would be too much

'Sources have claimed 36 more ballot papers were counted in Fermanagh South Tyrone than were recorded as having been issued by the Electoral Office.

In addition, it is understood a handful of what have been described as suspect papers have been identified.

There has been no adjudication yet on these ballot papers.

The atmosphere at the count is described as very tense'

:mj:

All this moral right to govern bullshit that the media is pushing needs to stop, because it is a constitutional convention that when a party doesn't achieve the 326 majority that is needed to officially take power, the current government has the first say. Don't see why they should all of a sudden change that for this wally.

/

How Nick Clegg is backing a party that is fundamentally different to what he stands for is beyond me, people don't leave labour to vote lib dem just to have him do that.

• Upvote 1

How Nick Clegg is backing a party that is fundamentally different to what he stands for is beyond me, people don't leave labour to vote lib dem just to have him do that.

being a stupid f*ck*ng prick all his supporters. serves them right, dont know how and why people took these f*ck*ng lib dems seriously. will always be the joke of british politics.

All this moral right to govern bullshit that the media is pushing needs to stop, because it is a constitutional convention that when a party doesn't achieve the 326 majority that is needed to officially take power, the current government has the first say. Don't see why they should all of a sudden change that for this wally.

/

To be honest whoever takes over is f*ckED.

The country has gone Conservative interms of one party, however the country has stayed to the left. Which is why Nick Clegg stance is so so so so confused.

It's doomsday should even the slightest thing go wrong, financially if the US or some next country f*cks the finances up, if Conservative are in power they are f*cked and it wouldnt even be something they particularly did.

More so if Gordon Brown stayed in power and again a unforseen issue happened, he would without doubt become the most hated PM.

being a stupid f*ck*ng prick all his supporters. serves them right, dont know how and why people took these f*ck*ng lib dems seriously. will always be the joke of british politics.

bruv did u not see the percent of votes for the 3 parties?

if all the labour/tory voters who voted simply against the other side discarding lib dem as a wasted vote would have voted for what they believed in then lib dem would have about half of all votes

i rekon a second general election. in the meantime stock markets plummet, greece goes bankrupt euro zone collapses financially, bringing down the US who have heavy investments in european economies, china invades, triggering nuclear holocaust, skynet takes control.

I agree with there being some sort of electoral reform, but I don't think a full PR system would be a good idea. BNP just got half a million votes which would give them a few seats. I don't think they should be allowed anywhere near government. Would rather keep FPTP system than have that happen in the future.

I agree with there being some sort of electoral reform, but I don't think a full PR system would be a good idea. BNP just got half a million votes which would give them a few seats. I don't think they should be allowed anywhere near government. Would rather keep FPTP system than have that happen in the future.

I agree. We should have PR with minimum thresholds. You don't have to have an Israeli-style full PR system.

Guest WAVESURFER

Nick Clegg is a disgrace, with no integrity, no principles, and no consideration for what most Lib Dem supporters actually want.

I said from the start that he was a f*ck*ng rat who'd do ANYTHING to get into power, and him joining up with the tories confirms this.

Politics in this country has become a joke, too many career men, media whores and self publicists are becoming politicians (and party leaders i.e. Clegg and Cameron), and not enough people who actually care about this country and its inhabitants are being elected.

The increasing media influence on British politics has been catastrophic.

• Upvote 5

Nick Clegg is a disgrace, with no integrity, no principles, and no consideration for what most Lib Dem supporters actually want.

I said from the start that he was a f*ck*ng rat who'd do ANYTHING to get into power, and him joining up with the tories confirms this.

Politics in this country has become a joke, too many career men, media whores and self publicists are becoming politicians (and party leaders i.e. Clegg and Cameron), and not enough people who actually care about this country and its inhabitants are being elected.

your just describing all 3 tbh

Guest WAVESURFER

your just describing all 3 tbh

I wouldn't say that describes Brown at all. He got into politics for the right reasons, and I believe he does care about this country. His problem is that, as Labour leader and PM, he's had to try and come into line with this American style of 'celebrity' politics, where people are voting for the most media-friendly politicians, and for an old-school Labour guy like him, it's not been easy.

The other two would sell their own mothers for power.

• Upvote 3

In all fairness to brown...

He was trying to overthrow Blair for time, He only got into power as Blair resigned.

He then had a chance to hold a general election in 07 but prolonged it all the way till the last possible opportunity

Hes resisted countless attempts by his own team to overthrow him, bare people resigned in protest etc

Now the tories aint got a majority vote hes still clinging on....

That said I do believe he is a good leader