Cameras

PopT

That bottom shot looks wide aswell, what lens is that Afro?

Nice top shot, what is the ad for?

14mm lens with ultra wide adapter at the end.  But you know the gh2  m43 so  this is like a 11mm on 600d

Its a Ad for a clothing line.  LoL I know it looks dark but its more of a sci-fi/misfits type of  storyboard.

The clothing  is 5 animated tooney characters with the cool factor and we sort of create this narrated mini-bio on how the designer came up with the concept.

its quite different. but fun to be involved in.

you tried the GH3?

Yeah I used it once.  Its a serious upgrade from the gh2.  But I am interested to see what they do with the hacks. Still think my gh2 hacked edges it slightly in quality. Feels more like a pro camera than the gh2 though.

• 1 month later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/58mm-58-mm-Macro-Reverse-Reversing-Mount-Adapter-Ring-for-Canon-Camera-Body-UK-/190775571156?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item2c6b1c32d4

You screw it on the front like a filter then flip the lens round and attach it to the camera.

Only thing is the back of the lens is exposed but you could use an old lens or get a 2nd hand lens for that purpose.

The wider the lens the closer in you'll get. The 18mm works well, I have some extension tubes that woulda got me in even closer but I was just practising with it.

• 1 year later...

i want a drone with a camera or the ability to fit a camera by the summer

probably jus take vids n grab stills off that

dont wana be raggin it about jus steady control up high n take some decent shots 

any1 know anything? been tryna look into it but it's a rabbit hole

i kno carlos loves his futurology tech 

u still into photography n that afro?

know anything?

yh afro it seems to be the main 1

far too wary of spending that kinda p on somethin ive got a big chance of flying into water i think

probably wouldnt wana go over £150 all in

looks like there's a fair few decent alternatives to go pros croppin up too

hearing decent stuff about the mobius

/

yes carlos, knew u'd have dabbled

which ones u get then u got an ebay / amazon link?

worth it for the fun / shots u got? u moved onto somethin else now or u left it?

these ones u had jus come with a crappy camera built in or was it reasonable quality?

:lol: :lol:

that sounds awesome

the ones I had didn't even have cameras on them. bought one in stratford and another off ebay last year.

the plan was to master the flying and then cop a proper one. that's still the plan but haven't got round to it yet

i'll defo advise you to do that first before spending any sort of money on one

the second one i lost because it run out of battery in the sky and just lumped itself onto a pile or rubbish on the thames

but yea once you can keep those cheap ones in the air for a good 5-10 mins doing what you want it to, you'll be ready to fly a proper one i gues

• Upvote 1

Lol its worth getting it for the creative shots. Always wanted to add one to my gear but can't afford to crash it on one go.

Can't even enjoy the bloody thing in London. They bringing some flying laws in soon.

There is a couple start ups have seen floating about (no pun) on Facebook and it's suppose to be more affordable and easier to fly

There is a couple start ups have seen floating about (no pun) on Facebook and it's suppose to be more affordable and easier to fly

if u see anythin crop up again drop a link in here plz mate

saw a vice doc couple days ago where ukrainians were building their own home made drones and were able to get pics and vids up on their laptop

yh jus glanced through that

nerds are building their own setups all over the shop

that's what's baffling me, i'm lookin for basic consumer info of comparisons of these things n i'm delving into forums full of hardcore elitest drone builders

basically there's quadcopters, multicopters n airplane thingies (gliders) i think n various other sh*t, these f*ckers can fly, swim or walk

lookin on various subreddits - fpv, drones

i'm baffled but i'm it's sparkin my interest

check out this sh*t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQXmC9OmFJQ

sicckk as f*ck

/

so yh if anyone comes across any info feel free to share

hopefully within the next few months the market will open up a bit n cheaper consumer friendly products will drop

in return for any info i'll share the hopefully decent shots i'll be gettin of my travels

gorges, lakes, waterfalls, the alps, castles n sh*t n if it lasts long enough a few bangkok skylines

help me help u

that's an awesome vid

i guess this is what those chaps that used to fly the petrol airplanes and helicopters are now doing

there used to be a club over at wanstead flats where they flew them, my dad was a member

some of the planes and helicopters they had back then were awesome

can't imagine what they must have now

i remember going to a air show or whatever it's called in aylesbury, where some guys had remote control fighter jets and mad shit like that

this was like 13-14 years ago

it's a sick skill. for the helicopter and planes though you defo need to get a simulator for your computer and hook it up to the actual controller you'll be using for practice. you'll also prob need to get lessons from someone where you both have control of the plane with a controller each, and the teacher releases control to you, taking over when you're about to blow everything up.