Cameras

PopT

Convert using MPEG Streamclip

Can take long but it's a must if you're working with 50GB+ worth of footage.

No quality loss.

Also you would have to render filters etc, but not when you're just dragging clips into the timeline.

Also rendering filters on Pro Res files is much quicker.

I would say use Premiere if you're not using Final Cut.

Convert using MPEG Streamclip

Can take long but it's a must if you're working with 50GB+ worth of footage.

No quality loss.

Also you would have to render filters etc, but not when you're just dragging clips into the timeline.

Also rendering filters on Pro Res files is much quicker.

I would say use Premiere if you're not using Final Cut.

Yeah I downloaded that streamclip yesterday... I have been messing with it all day, trying to notice the difference in work time and general improvement. I didn't notice a significant difference soo far. file size was relatively the same.

I did notice plug ins like twixtor , bullet look & co seemed to be rendering quicker. Then again it could be down to my new mac pro ..

I will try it out some more and see how it goes.

Any one got any links to good photo shooting guides? preferably for canons, need to master these settings.

Id have to try it out to see how good it is, but just taking out the drive and putting it in a NAS enclosure or just any random enclosure n connecing to the C editing straight from there >>>

capturing is one of the worst things ever, and these drives included in cameras are deadout

/

Thats sick!!!

Always pictured that in my head but never thought they will pull it off anytime soon.

If you can do that with an ipad and monitor with it will be f*cked.

I hope it works in video mode too?

biggest part of video/photos is lighting

"professional" results are attained using various factors. Lens, image resolution, aperture etc all play a part

Cheers,

For one that is at entrance level into photography would the Lumix G be a good purchase?

I am looking at using it on holiday to get some clean photos.

I'd have to purchase a few books to get the best results but is the camera user friendly?

biggest part of video/photos is lighting

"professional" results are attained using various factors. Lens, image resolution, aperture etc all play a part

Cheers,

For one that is at entrance level into photography would the Lumix G be a good purchase?

I am looking at using it on holiday to get some clean photos.

I'd have to purchase a few books to get the best results but is the camera user friendly?

Im no expert myself Im still learning, Im using video aswell not still photography

but the general concensus seems to be leaning towards DSLR's, I think they give u more control over how the shot comes out by allowing different lenses n peripherals to get a different look, besides having good hardware for pictures.

best way Id say is find some specific forums, from there ull be able to find blogs, youtube vids, PDFs, hardware comparisons, sample images/videos etc, and they can give alot of help too

• 3 weeks later...

nikon d3100 + Nikon AF-S DX 18-55mm VR lens

£280 no bids 9hrs left

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-D3100-14-2-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Kit-/320749218496?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item4aae24aac0

TEMPTEDINGSSSSSSSSS

/

is this a good buy? from what i can see the d3100 is the cheapest decent dslr shoots hd videos etc as well