Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Why couldn't he play in the middle of us?Surely if Nasri is capable, Ireland is too...
Why would we bring him in to play in the middle though he can't do the Diaby role and we don't need another central midfielder like him so if he came his future would be right wings then again Wilshere ain't ready and as for Ramsey we know what happens to players who break their legs.....

I never said we should sign him.I just said, he was capable of playing in the middle for us.
i was talking about wenger he would prob convert him into a winger as thats what he likes to do to go central players

Phil Jagielka 'wanted by Arsene Wenger'Phil Jagielka has emerged as a summer transfer target for Arsenal as Arsene Wenger searches for a replacement for William Gallas.The French centre-back is likely to look for a new club when his contract runs out this summer, as he is unhappy that the Gunners have only offered him a one-year deal.A lack of strength in depth in defence proved a real problem for Arsenal last term and bringing in a top-class centre-back is one of Wenger's priorities.According to the Sunday Mirror, the Gunners boss has identified Everton and England star Jagielka as his potential new defensive lynchpin.Everton have no desire to sell the 28-year-old, but a bid of £15 million could persuade them to part with a player they bought from Sheffield United for £4 million in 2007.A move for Jagielka would also confirm rumours that Wenger is keen to add some British players with Premier League experience to his squad.The Gunners boss has also been linked with moves for West Ham United midfielder Scott Parker, Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart and Aston Villa midfielder James Milner.

Arsene Wenger hopes to secure the signing of French international pair Steve Mandanda and Philippe Mexes this summer. The Arsenal boss is looking for defensive reinforcements to help improve his back line and is ready to spend big to bring the duo to the Emirates.The Emirates manager is desperate for a new keeper having seen Manuel Almunia and Lukasz Fabianski struggle this season. The club also has a plethora of aging defenders with the likes of William Gallas, Sol Campbell and Mikel Silvestre all potential exit bound players.Both Roma defender Mexes and Marseille keeper Mandanda are hugely experienced and are known to be players Wenger admires so could be just what the north London club is looking for. The Arsenal boss has been promised a large cash injection to help improve his squad and a move for these two could well help the club push themselves back into the title picture.

Whens Mexes on a free? We've been after him since Auxerre days.Wenger NEEDS to buy a keeper, someone who is going to make an impact, be commanding and give confidence to the back 4. Centre half needs to be sorted out.The club need to get rid of this transfer rumour section, it's stupid.

Whens Mexes on a free? We've been after him since Auxerre days.Wenger NEEDS to buy a keeper, someone who is going to make an impact, be commanding and give confidence to the back 4. Centre half needs to be sorted out.The club need to get rid of this transfer rumour section, it's stupid.
Mexes on a free?Booooooooy....

Yeah I'm sure I heard he is on a free next summer though, if it was this summer then that's another smart bit of searching. Was one about Metzelder coming in on a free, I'd rather not!

Buffon would be a great signing. Maybe as good as Bergkamp? infact can't remember the last time we signed a player who was top3 in the world. Should just pay the money, shot off some of our wastemen and give him thes ame wage as Cesc.
I would agree, I'd be happy if we got rid of dead wood to buy Buffon. Look at the life Bergkamp gave the club when he signed, that was huge and for us to sign a genuine world class player was a coupe.

Buffon is not worth 25m anymore.If he leaves Juve it will be because he has asked for a move. Which gives the advantage to any club wanting him. However he ain't leaving.He said if he left Italy it would be for England, which means his price can then only get inflated via Man City, Chelsea have Cech, Man City even bidding for Buffon, would be telling Joe Hart they have flushed his career down the drain.Leaving only Man Utd, who's financial status is similar to ours & I doubt they will sign a immeiate replacement for VDS after just giving him a contract.

This Szczesny yout seems like the real deal so if anything any keeper we buy could be viewed at as a stop gap until he gets good enough so no way are we spending 20 mil on Buffon
So did Denilson, Diaby and Vela but they've all been sh*t. If this youts good enough he'll make it anyway.
Diaby ain't been sh*t, just inconsistent. Vela hasn't been given enough chances so only Denilson comment is valid. 1/3.