Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

People talk about us being too lightweight to win the league and all the disappointment with that - and then go and suggest fran merida should of been given more playing time. Crazy.If he had gone out on loan to a british club he would of stood a chance - he didn't and now he is moving on. The fact he is going Atletico suggest he ain't good enough for us.

• Upvote 1

So what about man like Denilson who seems to be given every chance under the sun its fair enough what your saying but I could understand if its across the boardHowever it seems to me that certain players are given more of a chance than othersthat said we all dont really know what goes on behind the scenes

Merida got 8 appearances this season, 3 more than last season and its safe to say had he signed a new contract he would have got into double figures and made his first league start.He was kept at the start of the season to break into the first team squad this year.Cant compare his chances to those given to Denilson or even Eastmond, as we cant play Diaby, Nasri & Merida in the middle, smh. He is more attacking then Denilson and still learning the game and would not be given the responsibility to track back.

• Upvote 1

Nothing. Infact its Rosicky decline at the end of the season that made me think maybe we need to keep him.Lightweight, one paced, makes space like Cesc but doesnt open up teams like Cesc.As discussed before he needed to go on loan somewhere in England before he could play for Arsenal regular, or just be a bit part winger.

ARSENAL are set to lose Fran Merida to Atletico Madrid next week.The Spain Under-21 international, 20, is set to sign a five-year deal with the La Liga side after rejecting a late offer from the Gunners.Merida arrived at the Emirates from Barcelona in 2006 but has yet to make his full league debut and spent 2008 on loan at Real Sociadad.His agent Joseba Diaz said: "Fran's decision is based purely on sporting questions and not money."

Real midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has revealed how his Dutch national teammate Robin van Persie tried to persuade him to join Arsenal.“I am in regular contact with Robin, and I get on well with him both on and off the field,” said Van der Vaart.“He is so keen to play alongside me, he recommended me to Arsenal. It sounded good to me, and I seriously considered it - they are a terrific club.“But then Real told me that I had to stay with them, so no deal could go through.“However, who knows - we could end up playing for the same club some day.”