Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Arsenal to offer €17m for Lille's Gervinho - reportForward has been on the radar of Liverpool and Spurs but has already said he wants to play for a club in the Champions League after impressive season in Ligue 1Arsenal will reportedly have to spend €17 million if they want to defeat the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham, Newcastle and Everton to the signature of Lille striker Gervinho.The 24-year-old made a big impact last season scoring 15 goals in 40 matches to help Lille win their third Ligue 1, 57 years after winning their last title.Liverpool reportedly made an £11m (€12.5m) offer to recruit the Ivory Coast player which Lille rejected insisting they want at least £15m (€17m) for their star striker.According to News of the World, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been impressed by Gervinho and will offer him the chance to play in the coveted Champions League after the striker declared that he would favour a club who will be contenders in Europe when making his choice.Gervinho is expected to decide whether to stay with the new Ligue 1 champions next season or join one of the Premier League teams racing to sign him after the Ivory Coast’s African Nations Cup qualifier against Benin on Sunday.
surprised-0309-lg-37478331.jpg
  • Downvote 1

Again your point?
We can all read the paper but we don't go down the pub with the same storyliens in our head but twisted in a way that sees you coming out with "Yeah, I had a phone call today from a mate whose father works as an agent in France and says Nasri is stalling over a contract, I was told about 6months ago he was stalling" over a pint...
Lol. Can you actually read? Please lose your virginity so you stop typing for attention, been doing it since f*ck*ng RWD days.
Is that why you have over 200 posts in the "ZORN" thread bro.
So you not denying your still a virgin...

new xavi interview

A year ago you played the role of fortune-teller and you said that Cesc would come to Barça. Are you willing to make another prophecy?But he was the one who said it. The kid wants to come. He would be a phenomenal player for the team, but the problem is money. He’s expensive because he’s good. 50 million euros. Right now the club isn’t in the best position financially. The problem is the money, he wants to come and we want him here.

This thread is getting more and more depressing.
:D
Arshavin told the Russian magazine Sport: “My opinion is very simple: only Cesc should decide if he leaves or not. Serious conversations on this topic in the team was not made – well, we joked a bit, as usual….”“Before leaving on vacation Fabregas gave little gifts to each player, and I asked him: “What is this? A parting gift?”“He said nothing. Here we return to London, and understand, it says there is something behind this silence…”

Guest Portuguese

Gervinho can dribble and plays on both flanks has pace but his finishing is erratic that's why he scores in patches and goes long periods without a goal.If he can improve on his finishing then 17m will look a steal.Gervinho would be a major upgrade on your current set of wingers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Major is a bit of a gas, Gervinho wouldn't start ahead of Walcott atm IMO.Technically he's better than Theo (altho thats not hard) but Walcott is faster and a better finisher than him, however with Walcott you kinda know how his game is gonna go after 10 minutes... Basically if Wenger is planning on being as strict to the 4-3-3 as he was this season, then signing Gervinho as a replacement for Bendtner its fine with me.

Barca offer young star to Arsenal in £50m Fabregas dealArsenal are being offered Barcelona babe Thiago Alcantara as part of a £50 million swap deal for Cesc Fabregas.Champions League winners Barca are ready to let the brilliant youngster go to the Gunners as a £7 million makeweight in their latest bid to tempt Fabregas back to his old club.Alcantara will be made available despite making a handful of appearances for Pep Guardiola's side in the closing weeks of the season - with his chances of a game limited by the club's potential new arrivals.Wenger knows that he will face a fight to keep skipper Fabregas and Alcantara could be a ready-made and relatively cheap replacement.Alcantara is due to play for Spain's under-20s at the World Cup and looked better than any English talent when he starred against the young Lions in last summer's European Championships at that age group.The gifted ball player is the son of former Brazil and Barcelona star Mazinho and it would be a wrench for him to leave. But he may have to go for his own development.Reports in Spain suggest Alcantara, who was man of the match against Malaga in the last game of the domestic season, had talks with Wenger during Barca's trip to the Champions League final.And Barca would be prepared to let one of their home-grown starlets go to London if they get Fabregas although they still have to find the other £40-plus million to make that happen.

His dad, who is also his agent already said it aint happening. Plus Barcelona fans would fume if it did it happen.

"We have seen the news in the papers, but I belive that Thiago is in the plans of Guardiola for next season," Mazinho told EFE."My son stays at Barcelona. They have a contract and we have decided it's continuity. Thiago is developing and needs to evolve. This season was important, but next season could be better.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese
His dad, who is also his agent already said it aint happening. Plus Barcelona fans would fume if it did it happen.
"We have seen the news in the papers, but I belive that Thiago is in the plans of Guardiola for next season," Mazinho told EFE."My son stays at Barcelona. They have a contract and we have decided it's continuity. Thiago is developing and needs to evolve. This season was important, but next season could be better.
C/S about the rage from Barca fans if Thiago was sold or included in the deal If Thiago was to agree to it and it went through why wouldn't he in a year or two start creating drama asking to go back to Barca because its his DNA etc etcBarca would be crazy to sell Thiago!