Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

:D Gervinho picking up noise again due to Marco Silva claiming a deal will be announced on Wednesday.
Gervinho- Wednesday Arsenal will announce on their website. Newcastle did make a bid which was accepted by Lille, the player rejected and is due to have a medical Wednesday morning in London.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

duno...ask me a easier question, like whats the meaning of life...mistake though still, thought he was talking bout nas, but seemingly Fab was the one to respondwho is this Marco Silva guy though? swear if hes a journo, jack sh*t comes upeverytime i look at Gervinho vids swear all i can notice now is how sick Hazard is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UJdC27uQKk

Arsenal are to continue talks with Southampton over the signing of wing sensation, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.Talks between the two clubs reopened two weeks ago and wearethenorthbank.com believe they are now at an advanced stage with Southampton giving Arsenal the green light to talk with the player.Oxlade-Chamberlain has just returned to England as he was away on international duty.The son of ex-England international, Mark Chamberlain, featured in England U19′s 1-1 draw with Spain in Nyon on Sunday.As reported last week, Oxlade-Chamberlain is keen to sign for Arsenal despite interest from Manchester United and Liverpool.

What wingers you man think we need to be signing then?Alexis Sanchez? LOOOOL.Like I said, after watching f*ck*ng Nicklas Bendnter play there for the bulk of last season, it would be cool to see an actual wide player play on our flanks instead of an attacking midfielder/striker.

Tottenham Hotspur defender William Gallas believes Arsene Wenger made a mistake in letting him leave Arsenal.Gallas departed Emirates Stadium for bitter rivals Spurs last summer after failing to agree a new contract with the Gunners.And the 33-year-old demonstrated he can still cut it in the Premier League following a solid debut season at White Hart Lane.Of his decision to part company with the Gunners, Gallas told L'Equipe: "I left Arsenal because we could not agree on a financial level."They decided to not make the effort to keep me, it is a choice I respect, and they respected the fact I didn't want the wages they proposed."Did Arsene Wenger make a mistake in not keeping me? He made a choice, but indeed I believe he made a mistake.""In the street, Arsenal's fans asked me why I left. The coach thought I was a finished player. I proved he was wrong."Gallas endured a controversial time at Arsenal, in particular during his period as captain of the club.Reflecting on his much-publicised clashes with a number of his former Gunners team-mates, he said: "When I was captain I wanted to give a message, but they didn't get it."I may have been clumsy, but the substance was right."I came from Chelsea where I won titles, and I wanted to share my experience, because I thought we missed commitment in our work."My message has not been understood and I am also responsible for that. But unfortunately the last season showed that team still misses something."It is too easy to say all the Arsenal problems came from William Gallas."Gallas also commented on his relationship with French compatriot Samir Nasri, the pair having fallen out after a dispute over France's Euro 2008 campaign.He stated: "Samir Nasri? People tried to show me as an ugly duckling, but the images showed the contrary. Samir Nasri knows the problem. He can't lie to himself."

Samir Nasri wants to see Arsène Wenger make a serious impact on the summer transfer market before he considers committing his future to Arsenal.The France midfielder is at impasse over his new contract talks, having deemed the club's offer of around £90,000 a week, which has been on the table for some weeks, to be insufficient. The stand‑off has led to angst and frustration at the club.But while Nasri wants more money, he is equally keen to see Wenger add big names to a squad that fell apart when the trophies beckoned at the business end of this past season. Nasri, whose own fine form slumped in the final months, is similar to many of the club's supporters in the respect that he feels Wenger has to buy some proven talent.Nasri has entered the final 12 months of his contract and, while it has been unfortunate that Arsenal have allowed the situation to develop, it is worrying that the 23‑year‑old has now spoken of the interest in him from Manchester United, who are in the market for a creative midfielder following the retirement of Paul Scholes. It could be that Nasri is using United as a bargaining chip. Wenger, though, has made it clear that he would not contemplate selling the player to the Old Trafford club.Nasri said in an interview at the beginning of March that it was "today or never" for Arsenal to win the Premier League title. Disappointment at their capitulation – they took only 12 points from the final 11 matches and finished fourth, 12 points behind United – led to him asking questions about the strength of character in the dressing room.Wenger, though, appears to have warmed to the theme of the need to galvanise the group. Although he is clear that his priority is to keep his existing stars, chiefly the captain Cesc Fábregas and Nasri, he does intend to be "very active" on the market.He wants an experienced defender, who is used to the game in the Premier League, and Bolton Wanderers' Gary Cahill is a target, although Wenger is concerned that he is too expensive. He likes Paris St-Germain's Mamadou Sakho but he is only 21. Wenger also wants to reinforce in attack and he has been linked to an array of glamour signings, which might serve to appease Nasri. Wenger refuses to allow the former Marseille player to leave as a free agent next summer.

Tottenham Hotspur defender William Gallas believes Arsene Wenger made a mistake in letting him leave Arsenal.Gallas departed Emirates Stadium for bitter rivals Spurs last summer after failing to agree a new contract with the Gunners.And the 33-year-old demonstrated he can still cut it in the Premier League following a solid debut season at White Hart Lane.Of his decision to part company with the Gunners, Gallas told L'Equipe: "I left Arsenal because we could not agree on a financial level."They decided to not make the effort to keep me, it is a choice I respect, and they respected the fact I didn't want the wages they proposed."Did Arsene Wenger make a mistake in not keeping me? He made a choice, but indeed I believe he made a mistake.""In the street, Arsenal's fans asked me why I left. The coach thought I was a finished player. I proved he was wrong."Gallas endured a controversial time at Arsenal, in particular during his period as captain of the club.Reflecting on his much-publicised clashes with a number of his former Gunners team-mates, he said: "When I was captain I wanted to give a message, but they didn't get it."I may have been clumsy, but the substance was right."I came from Chelsea where I won titles, and I wanted to share my experience, because I thought we missed commitment in our work."My message has not been understood and I am also responsible for that. But unfortunately the last season showed that team still misses something."It is too easy to say all the Arsenal problems came from William Gallas."Gallas also commented on his relationship with French compatriot Samir Nasri, the pair having fallen out after a dispute over France's Euro 2008 campaign.He stated: "Samir Nasri? People tried to show me as an ugly duckling, but the images showed the contrary. Samir Nasri knows the problem. He can't lie to himself."
He's right you know, to an extentAfter Toure was gone you would think everything was set up for himObv some ppl didn't like him in the squad but as he said he's a WINNER AND A BIT OF A C*NT WHICH WE NEEEEDDIt still hurts me when his captaincy went