Official Ghana World Cup Thread

Captain Planet

my trip home on saturday>>>>

bare ghana fans singing swear down feels so nice

thing is its not only africa supporting Ghana

its EVERY REAL BLACK PERSON IN THE WORLD

if it did come to ghana vs england 2nd round no qualms I would of been supporting Ghana

still remember my mum gunning me in 1990 and the cameroon match

and Ghana would of schooled England

In reality they love Balotelli over there. He is the brightest prospect for the future Italian squad its just that there are a few old fashioned Muselini finatic types but they are the older generation and are slowly becoming extinct.

Italy are a bit late granted but most european teams had the same problem at some point even England in the 80's when mans like Viv Anderson (first black england player) and John Barnes played in the England team they were always subjected to racial abuse.

Wiki says

In his early England days, he (Barnes) and fellow black player Mark Chamberlain were subjected to threats from racist groups. Notably, Barnes was abused by supporters of the National Front on the plane back from South America in June 1984; the racists claimed that England had only won 1-0 against Brazil because Barnes' goal "didn't count".

To be honest if everybody is calling Mario a bounty then you are deading every single black person that has played for England bacuase at some point they would had to break that stigma and with attitudes like many of those in this thread you are basically saying that these black players shouldnt be playing for these european countries or be deemed a bounty? c*nt? etc

He could well join the Ghana team one day but as an Italian supporter myself I hope that one day he does indeed come good for Italy

I don't think Mario is a c*nt for repping Italy. If what is said is true then he has more reason to rep Italy than most. Raised by foster parents etc. when his real ones bounced. They helped provide him with the opportunity to reach such a stage; it's on him to state where he wants to place his loyalty. Obviously it would be great for Ghana to have a striker as potent as him but he sees himself as an Italian. Whether or not Italy embraces him as such is another thing...

I think Mario is generally disruptive in a way that wouldn't be beneficial to Ghana or Italy for that matter. He has already been caught up been pictured in an AC Milan top...who does that? Especially when you are employed by thier biggest rivals? The dude has problems that he needs to sort with himself or risk imploding ala Adriano.

Tbh I have a bigger issue with Freddy Adu than Balotelli.