How your (views of) clothes have changed over time

Captain Planet

remembered paying £160 of saved moneys to buy an akademiks tracksuit from Dark'n'Cold when it was still in the main strip of oxford street.

but before that i bought some fakes from tooting market for £50 :lol:

i even had the akademiks hoody T.I wore in Rubberband Man video

bait colour matching annoys me.

them ones where guys have searched hard to find crep the exact same colour as their light purple tee.

Just makes it look like they're trying too hard

you wouldnt believe the amount of youts still ask "have you got trainers in this colour *pulls out brand new New Era cap* " in size :lol:

Mines quite mad actually

Mum used 2 dress me in next, gap, etc clothes like Chinos, jeans, jumpers, dungarees, cardigans, plimsolls and boat shoes from an early age, neva wore trainers outside sport

I got my 1st tracksuit (adidas flower) 13

14-17 = Nike hoodies, climafit hats, fake new eras and tracksuit bottoms... mum used 2 compain that all my clothes looked the same etc.. Akademiks (real had the one tich had) an Evisu (real tops) but got bumped on the jeans

Now im back 2 wearing the stuff mum used 2 buy me, slim fit always

Neva been a big trainer person, more into boots, cowboy boots etc, but nike n adidas been rocked since young

Cowboy boots?!

• Upvote 2

Guest Lisa Turtle

Omg. In about 2000 my mum bought me some electric blue patrick cox loafers

And some patient black moschino flats with a velcro strap that had moschino in metal letters on the strap

I cannot explain how boom I felt everytime I wore either pair of those shoes

She dressed me and my sister in matching clothes up until I was about 9 or 10 - matching cloggs from selfridges with one lemon yellow dress and a cream polo neck. Goodness me.

I had an Akademiks tracksuit, it was not th ebait one though

this one looked inside out, like there was stitching on the outside to make it look inside out haha

I even had a matching t shirt

When I rocked the full combo, I thought it was game over

my tracksuit game was jokes

Had a timberland tracky, that was a black white and red colour scheme, and I had an air max tracky that was the same colours where that with the black red and white nike t shirt, WHAT black red and white hat, white air force 2s,

ohhhh nooo it was tooo much for them

If I got back and think about the trainers I had

It hurts me abit, use stand in the nike section of footlocker and literally choose ANY

Guest Lisa Turtle

Oh gosh the ponchos.

When I was 13 I went through my burberry phase. I had a burberry kilt and burberry print trousers (not even the black base print it was the bait cream print) and I used to wear the skirt with these camel and brown knee high boots which had quite a high heel that I got from shellys (anyone remember shellys?) with this camel poncho and a beret.

I know I still have those burberry trousers at home, gonna take a pic of them. Tbh I still have a couple of decent burberry shirts that look nice - they only have the burberry print inside the collar and wrist cuffs. I wore a black on recently with high waisted tweed trousers and heels and it looked nice.

I also went through an aggressive miliatry phase when I was about 14 because it was big back then, so I used to copy Mary J Blige and wear combats tucked into knee high heeled boots.

People used to really compliment me when I dressed like that :s

Its too much to even think about.

Guest M12 Part 2

LOOOOL the burberry and louis vuitton timbs! I wanted a pair BAAAAAD back in the day. so glad i never had the P now. Them rebores there

Guest haze-e

Had a collection of workouts when i was in sec school. Trainer was hard.

I remember getting my first 110's for said price. No laces, some silver and black tings. Didnt kick ball in them for TIME.

May ave to pick up some workouts actually. Too comfy.

good topic, brings me back reading some of your posts, too many differnt things to mention

started rocking moschino and iceberg with the reebok classics / workouts

moved onto iceberg history for about two years and tommy hilfiger polo's, had one tommy ski jacket back in 1998 times it was too hard

moved onto less patterned moschino and iceberg, stopped rocking classics by this time it was tn's all the way, had 16 pairs in total, the memories of not knowing when they would drop then one day passing footlocker and you see the new pair, those were the days. versace jeans were also a hit as well as there shirts.

95's were big also had the og neons and og grey/red pair and a 4 colour navy pair bought from sole trader

patrick cox wannabee's were the shoes to be seen raving in i seem to remeber

did the stone island thing too, lots of jumpers and 1 jacket and a winter coat

i look back in disgust when i think about the akademiks / ecko / enyce / avirex wave, copped my avirex from modo on oxford street, wool body leather arms, never really liked the all leather ones.