Match Day 6

MrJibbles

Spain got what they deserved.f*ck this softly-softly 5000 passes before shooting approach, when a team like Spain plays a team like Switzerland they should f*ck*ng steamroll them. There's no need to pass them off the park, just run at them, beat them and score. Simple. They didn't, and they paid the price.f*ck this modern ultra-organised conservative sh*t, direct football>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>__________Well done Switzerland, deserved winners.
Neg'd.
  • Downvote 5

Guest WAVESURFER
Spain got what they deserved.f*ck this softly-softly 5000 passes before shooting approach, when a team like Spain plays a team like Switzerland they should f*ck*ng steamroll them. There's no need to pass them off the park, just run at them, beat them and score. Simple. They didn't, and they paid the price.f*ck this modern ultra-organised conservative sh*t, direct football>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>__________Well done Switzerland, deserved winners.
Neg'd.
Explain why.

They won Euro '08 with that formation.There's nothing particular wrong with the formation, it's just when you play Silva & Iniesta on the flanks, neither of 'em will run beyond the defensive line. So logic dictates you'll need that coming from the middle. Xavi, Alonso & Busquets won't do that either.They should've gone with Fabregas instead of Busquets IMO. He'll give you those runs from deep, more penetrative & more direct play from inside, which they lacked. He did this & changed games in Euro '08.Switzerland aren't the Faroe Islands. You won't just batter them. Not at this competitive level. Yes, Del Bosque should've been more direct with the tactics, but not to the exagerrated extent you're suggesting.Alot of guys showing their asses with their comments about football during this tournament.

• Upvote 1

Stop over looking thingsIts the world cup and Spains first gameThey got 2 of the best strikers in the world, 2 of the best midfielders, and 1 of the best AM of course they got be rolling teams like Switserland. Dont nee to aim for 80% possesions against them because when the Swiss get the ball they not going to go gung ho and be a big threat all the time, Current Spain team lack penetration Save the possesion for dangerous teams like Germany, Holland, Brazill etcThere showing there hand too early Low, Dunga etc will be watching today and will have wiped sweat of there forhead imo

It's not about 'over looking things'.Spain team are accustomed to a particular system. One that has been successful for 2 years, on club & international level.They're better when only ONE of those strikers plays & starts.Their style is based around possession football.They don't need a massive overhaul. It needs tweaking.

Guest WAVESURFER
They won Euro '08 with that formation.There's nothing particular wrong with the formation, it's just when you play Silva & Iniesta on the flanks, neither of 'em will run beyond the defensive line. So logic dictates you'll need that coming from the middle. Xavi, Alonso & Busquets won't do that either.They should've gone with Fabregas instead of Busquets IMO. He'll give you those runs from deep, more penetrative & more direct play from inside, which they lacked. He did this & changed games in Euro '08.Switzerland aren't the Faroe Islands. You won't just batter them. Not at this competitive level. Yes, Del Bosque should've been more direct with the tactics, but not to exagerrated extent you're suggesting.Alot of guys showing their asses with their comments about football during this tournament.
I wasn't even talking about the formation, I'm talking about the players. Until Navas came on, noone was willing to take the initiative and run at defenders. You can pass all day, but if noone's gonna step up and take responsibility, you're not gonna win matches.Obviously Switzerland aren't the Faroes, but a team of Spain's quality should be battering them. I dunno how anyone can debate that./I'll admit I went overboard a bit, I'm just pissed that Spain have blown my bets today.

It's not about 'over looking things'.Spain team are accustomed to a particular system. One that has been successful for 2 years, on club & international level.They're better when only ONE of those strikers plays & starts.Their style is based around possession football.They don't need a massive overhaul. It needs tweaking.
Villa and Torres have started together on the regular and played well.

lol how can u say its tested at club level..big difference between barca and spainMESSI
When I say club level, I mean all core Spanish players i.e. the Barcelona contingent, Silva & Villa all play possession football at their clubs, therefore are already accustomed to it when playing for the national team.

lets be honest spain were never steam rollering switzerlandthey are just not a team who gets batteredspain played some serious football in the first half but didnt take there chancesand in the second half switzerland got lucky with some poor defending from spainonce they got the goal you knew what time it was..... very very good defensive play by switzerland and tactically hitzfeld got it right however if spain scored it would of been a wrap for them because they were not set up to create any chancesanyways today has been alright but this world cup is still not saying anything compared to others too many sides not attacking and just suffocating the opposition just like today/MK your right about not needing sergio in midfield however instead of fabregas they could of had another winger and played silva/iniesta just behind villa and then brought on llorente if needed f*ck torres and f*ck iniesta being stuck out left and silva stuck right

They won Euro '08 with that formation.There's nothing particular wrong with the formation, it's just when you play Silva & Iniesta on the flanks, neither of 'em will run beyond the defensive line. So logic dictates you'll need that coming from the middle. Xavi, Alonso & Busquets won't do that either.They should've gone with Fabregas instead of Busquets IMO. He'll give you those runs from deep, more penetrative & more direct play from inside, which they lacked. He did this & changed games in Euro '08.Switzerland aren't the Faroe Islands. You won't just batter them. Not at this competitive level. Yes, Del Bosque should've been more direct with the tactics, but not to exagerrated extent you're suggesting.Alot of guys showing their asses with their comments about football during this tournament.
I wasn't even talking about the formation, I'm talking about the players. Until Navas came on, noone was willing to take the initiative and run at defenders. You can pass all day, but if noone's gonna step up and take responsibility, you're not gonna win matches.Obviously Switzerland aren't the Faroes, but a team of Spain's quality should be battering them. I dunno how anyone can debate that./I'll admit I went overboard a bit, I'm just pissed that Spain have blown my bets today.
Well, starting with Alonso, Xavi & Busquets won't help matters. Del Bosque f*cked up there.And Iniesta & Silva aren't direct players. So he f*cked up there too.You are right, after about 30 mins, the Spanish players should've been more pro-active in that sense.I got the impression you wanted Spain to play gung-ho football & replied accordingly. My bad.I still think alot of people are being knee-jerk IMO. If Del Bosque makes the right decisions for the next 2 games, they'll still qualify comfortably.

This result has deaded a lot of people's hype and I love it.The way people have been swooning over Holland, Spain, Argentina & Brazil on the assumption they were going to just turn up at this tournament and f*ck it up has been pissing me off.Funnily enough the same guys are the ones who have been laughing at England and ripped them to shreds after the USA game. England actually played quite well and the over reaction to the result was a joke.So far the only teams I've seen that have impressed me have been Germany & Chile, other than that there's been very little to separate the big teams.

• Downvote 1

Not an excuse as such, but most of the Spanish team haven't had longer than a month off from football in the last 3 years. Fatigue, surely creeps in to most of the players in these tournaments who play long seasons etc, could be a reason for slow start to WC.

MK your right about not needing sergio in midfield however instead of fabregas they could of had another winger and played silva/iniesta just behind villa and then brought on llorente if needed f*ck torres and f*ck iniesta being stuck out left and silva stuck right
You're right, they could've have very done that. IMO, Spain would look most dangerous if they just played the Valencia formation.However, I just stated that if you're going to play a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Silva & Iniesta on the wings, you might aswell play Fabregas in the middle. If people get the chance, watch the Spain games during the Euro '08 when the matches were still in balance & see his impact.

This result has deaded a lot of people's hype and I love it.The way people have been swooning over Holland, Spain, Argentina & Brazil on the assumption they were going to just turn up at this tournament and f*ck it up has been pissing me off.Funnily enough the same guys are the ones who have been laughing at England and ripped them to shreds after the USA game. England actually played quite well and the over reaction to the result was a joke.So far the only teams I've seen that have impressed me have been Germany & Chile, other than that there's been very little to separate the big teams.
wait wait england got a better result then spainbut no way did they play better infact england were lucky to get a point where as spain were unlucky to loseargentina and holland had much better performances then germany if you compare the opposition they played againstand i cant believe no football fan expected brazil to do nothing more then what they done last night turn up.... and just do enough against everyone and prob win itanyways onto the next round of games i expect a lot of hype after this round england, holland, italy and spain should all win there games comfortably because none of the teams they are playing can defend or know how to dead the opposition with 5 in midfield AND Germany, argentina and Brazil could struggle

wait wait england got a better result then spainbut no way did they play better infact england were lucky to get a point where as spain were unlucky to loseargentina and holland had much better performances then germany if you compare the opposition they played againstand i cant believe no football fan expected brazil to do nothing more then what they done last night turn up.... and just do enough against everyone and prob win it
England lucky to get a point? How do you figure that?Holland were low on ideas and needed a freak og to get them started, even with opposition taken into account I still think Germany's performance was much much better.