Match Day 8

MrJibbles

just dont understand starting Gerrard on the leftsame old accommodating england style bullshit fought Cappello was on the path to changing this obviously notyou wouldnt play terry right back because he had a sick season at centre back but ferdinand and king played for him etcbest left wingers in the PL this season, young, johnson, j.cole even etheringtonnot gerrard ffs

He's almost playing as a third forward. He's only wide when we don't have the ball. Otherwise Gerrard's inside and Barry's there to cover if needed.This midfield is probably the most balanced it's been in years.I think we play our best football like this, solid and hard to beat with a fluid formation. Just the lack of ball retention and regular goal scorers that stop us moving into the top tier.The lack of dependable goalkeeper is a problem too, although I think James addresses that (but I know 90% of people don't rate him as highly as me).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the way things are right nowgermany are going out or facing england next roundi actually think england can at least make a final now *shudders*

• Downvote 1

algeria playing some real good stuffbut this will suit england they tend to do a lot better when the other team has the ball as they are sh*t with it