X Factor 2010

Jodie

c in american x factor do they ever not let ppl thru cos of 'where they would fit in the industry' or woteva.

cos for example from what i remember tht ting wit the back off had a MUCH better voice then the others who went thru.

but i was thinkin wheres she gonna fit/whos gonna vote for her?

thts y u hardly get any ppl on xfactor who can ACTUALLY sing. pitch perfect/effortless etc.

I hardly watch american idol, but the odd times that I do, I see some people that have great voices but would never get chosen on X Factor. One thing I've noticed about American Idol is that whatever music genre the winner is into that's the music they make - be it country, rock, pop... Unlike X Factor, where the winner is instantly pop.

Guest Esquilax

c in american x factor do they ever not let ppl thru cos of 'where they would fit in the industry' or woteva.

cos for example from what i remember tht ting wit the back off had a MUCH better voice then the others who went thru.

thts y u hardly get any ppl on xfactor who can ACTUALLY sing. pitch perfect/effortless etc.

I hardly watch american idol, but the odd times that I do, I see some people that have great voices but would never get chosen on X Factor. One thing I've noticed about American Idol is that whatever music genre the winner is into that's the music they make - be it country, rock, pop... Unlike X Factor, where the winner is instantly pop.

Smaller market to exploit

i watched it alot, and compared to x factor its way above. but then for a number of reasons.

The British 'pop' industry that is the main market outlet for xfactor is very fickle, and not bothered about having the brightest sparks get through, while the US music industry is alot more mature and versatile.

but then its also pretty stupid of the UK people, to not realise that only LeonaEsque talent can break through to america. its beyond me how they can not want to repeat leonas type of success who's sold 12m to date.

as if any of the shitty acts they had last year will ever sell more than 2m. i dont get it.

This is who Cher is trying to be, tried to jack her whole swag.

Watch her other videos, star in the making.

Her first UK single 'Do it like a dude'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA5U6Y2O3tM

Absolute banger!!!

How long has she been around? I literally haven't heard of her until this thread.

Is she getting air play on 1xtra/radio 1/Kiss etc?

Absolute banger!!!

How long has she been around? I literally haven't heard of her until this thread.

Do it like a dude got its first airplay on 1xtra on the weekend.

She's been on the music grind for a minute though, doing small gigs all over london for the last 2-3 years.

Had her song 'who you are' on step up 3d sound track and a next song 'sexy silk' on a nivea advert.

Worked with a bunch of top producers in the US. Hopefully this is her time to finally come out, it's been a LONG time coming.

Absolute banger!!!

Do it like a dude got its first airplay on 1xtra on the weekend.

She's been on the music grind for a minute though, doing small gigs all over london for the last 2-3 years.

Had her song 'who you are' on step up 3d sound track and a next song 'sexy silk' on a nivea advert.

Worked with a bunch of top producers in the US. Hopefully this is her time to finally come out, it's been a LONG time coming.

Yeah I saw her youtube videos like a year and a half ago and she seemed to be getting groomed to be the next big thing, working with American producers, writing for American artists.

She prolly just needs a catchy hit ala 'Umbrella' to set her career alight.

Absolute banger!!!

so bait this girl is gonna collab with chipmunk or tine tempah in the near future

Already been offered and rejected the chance to work with Tinie.

Latest email we got at work was she has worked and written for MJB, Alicia Keys, Xtina, even Miley Cyrus lol

Cheryl Cole was reportedly told not to pick X Factor's Gamu Nhengu as one of her three finalists due to fears that her visa may not be renewed.

Viewers of the ITV reality show have reacted furiously after Cole chose not to put Gamu through to the live shows, over 133,000 of whom have now joined a Facebook campaign.

"It was made clear Gamu shouldn't go through because of the visa," an insider told The Mirror. "Cheryl didn't have a say."

It is claimed that Cole was ordered not to choose the 18-year-old Zimbabwe-born singer over concerns that her visa would not be renewed, leading to her having to leave the country.

A production source said: "Cheryl didn't have much of a say in the matter. It was made clear that Gamu shouldn't be put through because they had issues with her, including the visa.

"A lot of people on the show think it's really unfair that Cheryl is taking all the flak as it was a group decision and she was just following orders."

They continued: "It's ridiculous the situation has got this far. It should have been knocked on the head much earlier on. Gamu should never have been put through to the Judges' Houses with question marks surrounding her visa.

"Everyone on the show has themselves to blame for not being straight from the beginning. Gamu not getting through has now become a bigger talking point than the 12 finalists."

An X Factor spokesman added: "Gamu's visa being processed was not the reason that she didn't make the final 12."

However, he apparently confirmed that the papers are still being renewed and therefore have not yet been processed.

X Factor hopeful John Adeleye has previously won a MOBO award and been signed to a record label.

The 29-year-old singer, who is being mentored by Louis Walsh on this year's show, used to perform under the name J'Nay and has toured with Jamelia. He also bagged the MOBO for Unsung Artist of the Year in 2003.

According to The Sun, Adeleye was working for the Universal-Island label and penned tracks with Lisa Stansfield and Guy Chambers during his time there.

Adeleye has been billed as a care worker on the reality show and was described as an "honest guy" by Simon Cowell after his opening audition performance of 'You Are So Beautiful'.

An X Factor rep commented: "John doesn't have a recording contract and is eligible to be in the competition."

The first X Factor live show airs on Saturday at 7.40pm on ITV1.

Dannie0017 58 minutes ago It isn't the judges decision, it's the producers who have the final word on who gets put through! The whole judges 'deliberating' is just playing up to the camera's! One of my friends brother was in one of the groups last year and louis went up to him and said if he had the power to put him through then he would of. So if anyones to blame then the producers would be the people to blame, rather than cheryl! BUT the producers were wrong and Gamu should have been put through rather than Katie!

Dannie0017 58 minutes ago It isn't the judges decision, it's the producers who have the final word on who gets put through! The whole judges 'deliberating' is just playing up to the camera's! One of my friends brother was in one of the groups last year and louis went up to him and said if he had the power to put him through then he would of. So if anyones to blame then the producers would be the people to blame, rather than cheryl! BUT the producers were wrong and Gamu should have been put through rather than Katie!

Yep, drums up bare viewers/interest

Simon > _______________