This Is England

Twirl

i saw it last year on a plane, pretty good film. my mum used to be a skinhead in the 70's so was quite interesting for me
My dad was tooskindeep.jpgIt wasn't a racist thing though, more musical, influenced by Ska...
my auntie was one aswell. she had her head shaved except for a fringe and side burns. they werent racist either

Guest SKYSCRAPER
i saw it last year on a plane, pretty good film. my mum used to be a skinhead in the 70's so was quite interesting for me
My dad was tooskindeep.jpgIt wasn't a racist thing though, more musical, influenced by Ska...
I've got the jacket the guy second from the left's wearing.It isn't a musical thing though, more racist, influenced by racism.

I've got the jacket the guy second from the left's wearing.It isn't a musical thing though, more racist, influenced by racism.
if they were racist that means they would have hated me. they have an aisan friend aswell

Guest SKYSCRAPER
if they were racist that means they would have hated me. they have an aisan friend aswell
I was just talking about me specifically tbh.

lmfao

Did anyone clock the twist at the end, when combo switches & starts going on about 'what makes a bad dad?'That hes meant to be mixed race, with a grudge against his dadWasnt quite sure til i read some interview with Stephen Graham saying so

Did anyone clock the twist at the end, when combo switches & starts going on about 'what makes a bad dad?'That hes meant to be mixed race, with a grudge against his dadWasnt quite sure til i read some interview with Stephen Graham saying so
Ahh yea, that would explain why he was getting worked up when the black kid was talking about his uncle.

Combo's mixed raced RAAHHHHHH. Yeah I watched this and Dead Man's shoes for Media Studies this Year. The Black guy milky in this is also in Shane Meadows film A Room for Romeo Brass as a kid. It's jokes but not as violent. My f*ck*ng bitch of a teacher spoiled the end of Dead Man's shoes b4 I saw most of it but it is better than This is England.Best quotes "I willl slay you now where you f*ck*ng stand."and where Milky is like yeah "u shud come round Have some riiice have sum peaaaas" I'm looking 4wd 2 Shane Meadows' new film Somerstown set in London with the same boy Thomas Turgoose as main character.He put in asick performance on his 1st acting job after gettin booted out of school and his mum died half way through filming

skeeneven though the actor is even paler than most white people, let alone looking half blackhow the f*ck is anyone meant to assume he's mixed race?

Sick film. lol @ 'pud pud'. Knew Milky was gonna get f*cked up before it finished though, had to happen. furthermore lol @ naming man milky. That meeting they go to to listen to man chat bout 'were not racist'. Swear that guy, same one thats in football factory loves playing mad aggresive people init. The bit in the shop is deep. lol @ da kids mum being kool with him jammin with them even though they helped him with getting bullied, but being so vex that his hair was cut.

I enjoyed this film. However, I just could NOT get over Sean's girlfriend. In the film she has a party and someone says "You're legal now." So she's 16 going out with a 12 year old. It just seemed so wrong!I completely did not get that Combo was mixed race. I thought it was just that a black guy was capable of having a better family life than his own.I thought Milky was cute but he was just taking the abuse and not even walking away.I thought that Sean was a good little actor as well.

I enjoyed this film. However, I just could NOT get over Sean's girlfriend. In the film she has a party and someone says "You're legal now." So she's 16 going out with a 12 year old. It just seemed so wrong!I completely did not get that Combo was mixed race. I thought it was just that a black guy was capable of having a better family life than his own.I thought Milky was cute but he was just taking the abuse and not even walking away.I thought that Sean was a good little actor as well.
i didnt get it either, wtf bet loads of people didnt.

skeeneven though the actor is even paler than most white people, let alone looking half blackhow the f*ck is anyone meant to assume he's mixed race?
Innit. Heres the interview (with Stephen Graham who plays combo) :", when I was a kid there were skins and mods and all that kind of thing, and that kind of racism as well. I'm mixed race, you see - my Grandad was Jamaican, my Dad's mixed race, so to me it was very difficult to play that part. I had to go for it totally and just absorb myself in it. Especially that scene - the scene with Milky, with the beating, the whole build-up to that... I didn't want to tell Shane that I was mixed race at first, just in case I didn't get the part, you know what I mean? I phoned my dad and said 'Should I tell him?' and at first he said 'No, don't tell him'; but I had to, because I felt that that was important and we could use some of that to build the character. So that stuff with Milky where Milky's telling him about his family, it's like the life that he could have had. We created this whole back story. It's the way Shane works. You develop the character so much and you do so much background, you've got your own biography. His process is improvising so you need to have that solid character in order to let it move organically."Them Ryan Giggs's there. Coulda explained it better in the film, as you just think hes a nutter. Well, he is, but a nutter with some self-hate issues

• 5 months later...