The England Football Team Thread

Black.

Robbie Keane has 67 goals for fucking Ireland.

/RooneyHype

3HUNNA says he'll never retire from international football :Y:

English fans can share our pain of living in Wayne's World until the very end.

Don't worry an alpha male manager will drop him like Capello dropped Owen

The FA/media will destroy anyone that stands in his way 

Shelvey cant defend tho

Cork does all his leg work in the prem

How does milner keep gettig caps tho?

Like I said, things like this is why this country for as long as I am alive will NEVER win a major tournament.

And despite the array of talent our domestic teams have purchased I don't see any English teams winning the C.L for the next 5 years either.

Rooney just about scored a penalty against a poor Swiss side. He should have been discarded with the rest of the "Golden Era" flops. After Euro 16 he needs to go.

Don't see what the national teams have to do with club teams in the CL.

Listen I agree my relationship with the National team was done from time Ronaldinho lobbed Seaman in the 2006 WC and I sobbed into my bacon baguette in the school canteen but although Rooney is a massive problem there's also 

1 - the manager sucks.

2 - so does the rest of the team.

but unlike the rest Rooney sells tickets because people still buy into his hype.

Messi came out this week saying Rooney is a once in a life time talent

He is, not many player managers in this generation

Listen I agree my relationship with the National team was done from time Ronaldinho lobbed Seaman in the 2006 WC and I sobbed into my bacon baguette in the school canteen but although Rooney is a massive problem there's also 

1 - the manager sucks.

but unlike the rest Rooney sells tickets because people still buy into his hype.

The pool of English talent is dead. The Joe Cole's of this world had the skills and tricks route one kicked out of them and lambasted (now we spend millions bring over these players and they still chose another league but that's another discussion)

And the ones with world class potential get lynched in the papers for being greedy and wanting to leave shitty teams like Liverpool.

Worse thing is England isn't trash. They just pick mediocre players and won't dump the hype. Wayne Rooney is the John Cena of football.

Hart

Shaw

Smalling (:lol: tired of being negged by United fans)

Clyne

Barkley

Wilshere

Oxlade

Walcott

Sterling

Milner

Sturridge

Welbeck

Kane

I'm not saying they're world beaters. SOME have the potential to be, but those named are good enough to do well if they play together. I obviously left out players I feel aren't even international level IMO.

Do you know how SICK our front line could be next Euros if they dropped Rooney and everyone was fit? KMT.

Guest babatundestacks

1 - the manager sucks.

Seaman got lobbed in 02 btw

Guest babatundestacks

Its simple.

England will not do well untill we stop attracting dinosaurs like hodgson who like to put square pegs in round holes.

The fact that rooney starts instead of kane says it all but we all know what will hsppen.

Come 2016 he will move hunna rightback even if its to keep him in the team and mess up the whole formation of the team

1 - the manager sucks.

Seaman got lobbed in 02 btw

Thanks mate.

Its simple.

England will not do well untill we stop attracting dinosaurs like hodgson who like to put square pegs in round holes.

The fact that rooney starts instead of kane says it all but we all know what will hsppen.

Come 2016 he will move hunna rightback even if its to keep him in the team and mess up the whole formation of the team

He's broke the record now, retire him.

Guy is a garbage No. 10, and an average No. 9. Giroud has bagged more than him every season since he's signed. 

I don't know who is coming in and being brave with the youngsters but f**king hell no more old cunts.

• 2 weeks later...

Reports suggest the Spaniard is the No.1 target to replace the Three Lions boss, if England struggle at Euro 2016 next summer.

FC-Bayern-Muenchen-v-FC-Augsburg-Bundesl
Three Lions: Could Guardiola be Roy Hodgson's replacement?

The FA are reportedly targeting Pep Guardiola as the next England manager.

Guardiola's current contract with Bayern Munich expires at the end of the season,although the German champions remain confident he will pen a new deal.

He has frequently been linked with the Manchester City job, however Manuel Pellegrini recently renewed his own contract at the Etihad.

But the former Barcelona chief is now being lined up for the national job, according to the Sun.

It is claimed FA bosses are considering a swoop for Guardiola, should Roy Hodgsondepart after Euro 2016.

England-v-Switzerland.jpg
Three Lions: Hodgson wants to stay on after Euro 2016

And they would offer him a staggering £10million-a-year if he agrees to become the next Three Lions boss.

The future of Hodgson, who turns 69 next August, is uncertain with FA chief executive Martin Glenn stating earlier this year that his contract would not be renewed after the tournament next summer.

However, Hodgson reacted angrily and outlined his determination to lead England into the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

The likes of Gary Neville and Alan Pardew have both been tipped to replace him but Guardiola would be a major coup, given his domestic success with Bayern and Barca.

England-Training-at-St-Georges-Park.jpg
Contender: Neville has been tipped to take over

It remains to be seen if he will leave the German champions though, with Karl-Heinz Rummenigge speaking out about his future this week.

"I am definitely optimistic that Pep will stay beyond June 30, 2016. We have a first-class team, a fantastic club, a great stadium and a wonderful city to offer," he said.

"The coach feels good. He has a good team. It helps to have Munich as a city. There's a lot going for Pep Guardiola deciding for Bayern Munich."

It was revealed in Sir Alex Ferguson's new book earlier this week that Guardiola had been the No.1 target to replace the Scot at Old Trafford .