The England Football Team Thread

Black.

f*ck*ng clogging up that other thread

First f*ck rooney, he has been stealing a place from the start done f*ck all

Got man like dawson and king on the bench and upson is starting, captain f*ck*ng relegation

Building a team around barry like he something special. the fact that he didnt bring huddlestone just pared england

• Downvote 1

I now see how vital David beckham is to England. they missed him at this world cup. they were only deadly in ONE set piece in the whole performance at this WC. i.e. the one goal they scored today.

They let in a secondary school goal today. and Germany destroyed their defence or what was supposed to be defence. anyway, now we can watch the REAL contenders play the WC in piece with no distractions. the cream always rises to the top, and the last 16. :lol:

I'm convinced that England being good defensively is a myth. Against basic, route one football, they play well, but against fast, short-pass movement of the ball, they get exposed differently.

Really noticed this against Croatia back in 07/08 when Eduardo, Olic & Modric had fun. Mexico reminded me during that friendly but them ese's aren't clinical.

I think it's a tactical problem moreso than a defensive one. SMART anchormen like Hargreaves & Scott Parker would've been useful.

I think England should place an equal focus on tactical defence aswell.

2-man centre midfield against Schweinstiger, Muller, Ozil & Khedira? All central players?

Not serious.

Being good defensive is not a myth

---------------James---------------

Neville-Rio-Campbell-A.Cole

------------Hargreaves-----------

World class

-----------------James--------------

Johnson-Terry-Upson-A.Cole-

-----------------Barry-----------------

Is average

EVERYTIME England have played a team who know how to move the ball in recent history (let's say 10 years), they've been exposed defensively. They can't handle the movement.

We don't have a proper right back.

We've got one world class centre half who wasn't there and is probably past it. After that we've got two very good ones. One was shite and the other is a cripple who can't be trusted to last 90 minutes.

Not good enough out wide.

No one who is capable of striking up a partnership with our best player Ashley Cole.

Our only number 10 is massively overhyped and been in shocking form (Cole)

No centre forward.

Just not enough strength in depth, our best players haven't been on it and we've no options to replace them. They turned up, we didn't.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

As always 2 major problems with Englands overhyped media superstars. 1 is that there is no tactical discipline and the 2nd is that the ball retention is pathetic; typical kick and rush, trying to score with every attack football. Defenders needs to know how to DEFEND Glen Johnson is a joke. Your midfield players should be able to control a game or at least the ball and your attackers need to be a little more incisive.

David James, Lampard, Milner and Defope can hold their heads up. Every other England player who appeared in the tournament should feel ashamed. Capello can't work this this bunch of clowns. Roy Hodgson next ftw.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

For the record we should play 4-2-3-1 and make a decsion on 1 of Gerrard and Lampard as a started. The quicker Hargreeves comes back and Huddlestone gets noticed the better.

What will FA will do next will f*ck up English football if you ask me. They will go on to hire Hodgson/Redknapp, neither better than Capello, neither will take the team forward, but they are English so thats all that matters right now.

Barry is not a holding midfielder, well at least not in the mould of Melo/Silva Cambiasso/Mascherano.

I don't know what happened to Rooney.

Football needs to be revamped from the bottom upwards, system needs to be changed otherwise the only time we will get far in a WC again is if we host it.

Does anyone really care though?

Dunno if it's just me, but England don't hurt at all. If my club team loses it consumes my week.

I watched USA and Slovenia games in pubs, spent most of my time SMH at the idiots around me.

I enjoy the good mood of the nation when the England team are doing well, but I resent the media hype, the clueless idiots, the girls in their 'WAG 1' replica England shirts.

We all spend 101 out of every 104 weeks hating the vast majority of the squad. Fair enough their representing us but they don't even really care.

I don't blame them either. Looking forward to the rest of the competition and roll on English football season kicking off again. Dreading the Euro qualifiers already haha

Maybe I'm just miserable.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

they say good things come 2 those that wait. BOLLOX. mans been waiting 4 years 4 this and we were 1 of the worst teams in the tournament, NO HYPE

upson shouldnt be near the squad. young and lennon should be our wingers. johnson is terrible plus his pace is a myth. rooney shoulda been dropped long time ago

no lie woulda had dawson and king as our cbs and defoe and crouch as our cfs, AT LEAST THEY WOULD HAVE A f*ck*ng UNDERSTANDING

although carrick has been swag this season he should start ahead of barry. easily englands best passer.

lol at only taking 4 strikers and 1 of them being heskey. lol at taking BOTH rio and ledley knowing they are both majorly injury prone. lol at taking carragher, heskey and so on. no pace, no creativity and no heart. 3 LIONS? MORE LIKE 11 PUSSIES

we were doomed from whem capello announced the squad

• Downvote 2

Does anyone really care though?

Dunno if it's just me, but England don't hurt at all. If my club team loses it consumes my week.

I watched USA and Slovenia games in pubs, spent most of my time SMH at the idiots around me.

I enjoy the good mood of the nation when the England team are doing well, but I resent the media hype, the clueless idiots, the girls in their 'WAG 1' replica England shirts.

We all spend 101 out of every 104 weeks hating the vast majority of the squad. Fair enough their representing us but they don't even really care.

I don't blame them either. Looking forward to the rest of the competition and roll on English football season kicking off again. Dreading the Euro qualifiers already haha

Maybe I'm just miserable.

You're right, just seems like routine to support them though, even though you know everything that is coming along with it.

• Downvote 1

It's basic defending, week in, week out, even in the Premiership.

In a World Cup Second Round match, you have a goal kick, STRAIGHT OVER the defenders, onto a striker.

1-0.

Centre backs being drawn out so easy leaving our right back exposed. James rushing out when the angle is tight enough for him not to get beaten.

2-0.

How do you justify £150,000 a week and not being able to defend something you're taught when you're 9 and join a f*cking little league team? England didn't get what they deserved, because if they did it would have been 3-0 before Upson got that goal. Other countries top of their game can defend as a unit, so England have no excuse. Overrated, and exposed time and time again at the HIGHEST level. The team is not as good as they think. The ONLY England player who could walk into any country's starting 11 is Ashley Cole. NO ONE ELSE.

These man like Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, James, Green, Beckham, Heskey, have all had a few tournaments and qualifers and still not stepped up. Drop the average age of the squad and get these young dons with potential experience from 21-23 so that when they reach 26-27, it's ON. Guys like:

Agbonlahor

Milner

Lennon

Walcott

Adam Johnson

Joe Hart

In my opinion, you want goals, you take someone who does that. How can you justify leaving Darren Bent at home? And don't tell me that's gas coz we was 4-1 down and brought on Emile Heskey FFS. Say what you want about him, but one on one in the box he scores.

• Upvote 4