World Cup Bids 2018-2022

MrJibbles

lol yuri your country jsu won the world cup

man comes in here all calm and collected and arshavin like

do you poeple show your emotions ever

id like to go to russia for the world cup... i do think it might be dangerous if some ivan gets pissed and ur out at night in a club or somethin

you should go

you're pashtun right? i can almost guarantee if you avoid trouble you won't get into problems. just pay the police their bribes, don't mouth off at bouncers etc you'll have a good time

ps ratings for your avatar but i thought you were pro-taliban lol? the us should have funded him and not the taliban after the soviets left afghanistan

I'm glad england didnt win... the media are f*ck*ng cunts... the way they think everything should be a given to us... its highly f*ck*ng irritating... like we should host the world cup for just being england

omg the arrogance of these cunts tryna say they should changed the rules in our favour get the f*ck out here

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

i was saying russia have had this from ages ago though

putin tends to get his way

/

i think you lot are getting a bit too ecited about this racism stuff though. i don't see anything wrong with the world cup being held in the west of russia. did somebody say the weather will be sh*t - serious ignorant comment. it's qatar that's the joke. some dead atmosphere with no women and games being played in 50 degree heat

i like how ur compmlaining that people are making generalisations about Russia, then do exactly that with Qatar

i enjoyed that

I'm glad england didnt win... the media are f*ck*ng cunts... the way they think everything should be a given to us... its highly f*ck*ng irritating... like we should host the world cup for just being england

omg the arrogance of these cunts tryna say they should changed the rules in our favour get the f*ck out here

to be honest England potentially not hosting a WC for 70 years considering the infrastructure in place, England's contribution to football, the popularity of the game in England and the popularity of the English game abroad it's a f*ck*ng joke. Especially when you consider the number of votes.

Had it gone to the Dutch I could have understood because they're one of the major players in international football, are a football crazy nation, have the stadiums in place, are a generally tolerant nation and I think it's a bit sad they haven't hosted it yet.

FIFA are full of sh*t whichever angle you look at it from, they can push the 'changing nations through football' angle but if that's the case how does Qatar enter the equation?

Truth is every opportunity FIFA or UEFA get to par England they take it.

• Upvote 1

to be honest England potentially not hosting a WC for 70 years considering the infrastructure in place, England's contribution to football, the popularity of the game in England and the popularity of the English game abroad it's a f*ck*ng joke. Especially when you consider the number of votes.

Had it gone to the Dutch I could have understood because they're one of the major players in international football, are a football crazy nation, have the stadiums in place, are a generally tolerant nation and I think it's a bit sad they haven't hosted it yet.

FIFA are full of sh*t whichever angle you look at it from, they can push the 'changing nations through football' angle but if that's the case how does Qatar enter the equation?

Truth is every opportunity FIFA or UEFA get to par England they take it.

all true... but the media have soured the whole event for me...

Since when did the World Cup become a charity? All going to under developed nations to help them build new stadiums. Should go to the strongest bid with the best facilities.

Fifa and Jack Warner have hated England from day although the media hasn't helped. TBH the media might aswell go in hard now and expose everything.

if sepp blatters legacy is to take the WC to new lands then england didnt stand a chance. the case for bringing the WC to East europe is overwhelming. Thats what the legacy of Fifa should be, taking the hosting to new emerging financial countries capable of funding and developing the event.

The way the media hyped this up is just one of a few reasons why they didnt win it. journalistic snobbery of everyone else.

Like one guy on eurosport was saying he said england in actual fact started this bid late, russia and iberia had been putting huge effort in lobbying 2yrs ago, throwing in a prince, a pm and a footballer at the last minute doesnt win bids.

The way the media here were ramping about brasil not being able to host the cup, smh.

Since when did the World Cup become a charity? All going to under developed nations to help them build new stadiums. Should go to the strongest bid with the best facilities.

Fifa and Jack Warner have hated England from day although the media hasn't helped. TBH the media might aswell go in hard now and expose everything.

if sepp blatters legacy is to take the WC to new lands then england didnt stand a chance. the case for bringing the WC to East europe is overwhelming. Thats what the legacy of Fifa should be, taking the hosting to new emerging financial countries capable of funding and developing the event.

The way the media hyped this up is just one of a few reasons why they didnt win it. journalistic snobbery of everyone else.

Like one guy on eurosport was saying he said england in actual fact started this bid late, russia and iberia had been putting huge effort in lobbying 2yrs ago, throwing in a prince, a pm and a footballer at the last minute doesnt win bids.

The way the media here were ramping about brasil not being able to host the cup, smh.

agreed mostly

there's no good reason why russia shouldn't host a world cup, especially if brazil can (not sending, it's in a similar position to russia imo)

i would have been happy if it was in england, would ahve been a good world cup probably, but you lot are mostly just showing that you're ignorant and the british media is displaying its usual sense of entitlement. the whole attitude in this thread has been that england is entitled to host the world cup, and any other country is a joke. guys talking bullshit about "appalling weather" are retarded...i'll take 32 degrees in moscow over 20 and drizzle in england for my summer any day

So a bit on Qatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-z2jtUS9-Y

doha012.jpg1272aspwm2022004.jpgqatarworldcup001.jpg

sport011.jpgsport008.jpgsport005.jpg

sport003.jpgsport002.jpg

Hassan Abdulla al Thawadi, chief executive of the Qatar 2022 World Cup bid, said the Muslim state would also permit alcohol consumption during the world’s most watched sporting event. Specific fan-zones will be set up during the event, they will provide alcohol for sale.

I'll still roll my eyes

• Upvote 1

If his legacy was to take it to new lands then Germany wouldn't have got it in 06 considering they had it in 74, you always do your best to take a dig at anything even remotely English and although a lot of the time it's justified you manage to do it when it's not.

England's bid and presentation was the best in a number of ways, and when FIFA reviewed the bids they admitted as much so tryna make out like England thought 'we've got this in the bag, we'll half ass it and still win' is way off the mark.

The arrogance you talk about is a joke in comparison to the arrogance shown by the rest of the major European nations towards England, the dominance of European football at club level during the 70's and 80's stil burns deep for certain people who are now key figures within both UEFA & FIFA. Over the past few years we've seen how FIFA & UEFA are willing to turn a blind eye to the f*ck ups other nations have made within their game even though they've thrown the book at the English for similar occurrences.

How many times do Italian fans have to stab someone until the Italian authorities receive some sort of punishment?

How many times can the Spanish get away with racist chants and remarks until they receive some sort of punishment?

The answer is infinite times and the lax attitude of the aforementioned national authorities underlines they know this, but on the flip side the FA's awareness of UEFA & FIFA's 'special' treatment of the English game means that they're worried about a few arrests after a league cup game between two local rivals reflecting badly on the English game as a whole.

It's a sh*t governing body full of shithouses who've made it clear on several occasions they despise the English and given the opportunity will stick the boot in.

• Upvote 7

So a bit on Qatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-z2jtUS9-Y

doha012.jpg1272aspwm2022004.jpgqatarworldcup001.jpg

sport011.jpgsport008.jpgsport005.jpg

sport003.jpgsport002.jpg

Hassan Abdulla al Thawadi, chief executive of the Qatar 2022 World Cup bid, said the Muslim state would also permit alcohol consumption during the world’s most watched sporting event. Specific fan-zones will be set up during the event, they will provide alcohol for sale.

I'll still roll my eyes

Guest Blue State Of Mind

It seems the legacy of our imperialist forefathers still lives on in many of us, smh at thinking were entitled to everything. We've already got an Olympics and Commonwealth games coming up and somehow we manage to act unsporting when the world cup goes to Russia, the excuse 'its a racist country' like i couldn't go to parts of England and see the same thing, in fact i could and have been to Bermondsey and Eltham down the road and seen the same thing so apare me with the bullshit. Racism is also a big problem in Spain a fact Eto'o would attest to, and lets not even get started with the Dutch who have been just as bad in the past.

It seems to me that people are just pissed that the world cup went to the evil communist empire in the east and the arabs in Qatar. I understand what people are saying about it being undeveloped and so on, but people said the same thing about South Africa and to my knowledge apart from the Vuvuzelas that world cup was a success. I think its refreshing that the world cup is being hosted in different parts of the world and not just being monopolized by a few countries in the western world. Although naturally being a resident in England i was hoping it would come here, however i will not throw my toys out the pram like some of us on here have and cry conspiracy like if the so called corruption worked in our favour we would be saying sh*t.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Guest Blue State Of Mind

Also if the football is good i could care less if the stadium doesn't have undersoil heating and a capacity of 80,000, f*ck off man great facilities has not stopped the last few world cups from being sh*t.

Was the whole Panorama thing / media intrusion in the politics of FIFA have an effect on England's bid?

It played somewhat of a role, Blatter originally wanted this in Russia so did a lot of them.

2026 - China?

2030 - Argentina/Uruguay

2032 - ?

can see this happening.

Two tournaments in a row in the same continent won't happen.

Maybe Australia

It seems the legacy of our imperialist forefathers still lives on in many of us, smh at thinking were entitled to everything. We've already got an Olympics and Commonwealth games coming up and somehow we manage to act unsporting when the world cup goes to Russia, the excuse 'its a racist country' like i couldn't go to parts of England and see the same thing, in fact i could and have been to Bermondsey and Eltham down the road and seen the same thing so apare me with the bullshit. Racism is also a big problem in Spain a fact Eto'o would attest to, and lets not even get started with the Dutch who have been just as bad in the past.

It seems to me that people are just pissed that the world cup went to the evil communist empire in the east and the arabs in Qatar.I understand what people are saying about it being undeveloped and so on, but people said the same thing about South Africa and to my knowledge apart from the Vuvuzelas that world cup was a success. I think its refreshing that the world cup is being hosted in different parts of the world and not just being monopolized by a few countries in the western world. Although naturally being a resident in England i was hoping it would come here, however i will not throw my toys out the pram like some of us on here have and cry conspiracy like if the so called corruption worked in our favour we would be saying sh*t.

Comparing the state of race relations in England and Holland to race relations in Russia is laughable. When on e of the Premiership or Eredivise's managers has to basically admit that he couldn't sign a black player for fear of the fans reaction halla at me.

Does racism exist in the UK and Holland? Yes. Has the problem been addressed by the football governing bodies through a series of campaigns? Yes.

Can you say the same for Russia? no, from time fans feel comfortable bringing banners into the stadiums flagrantly making abusive racist remarks you know that the authorities aren't doing enough to let them know that even if they are racially prejudice, football stadiums aren't places where it's acceptable to air these views.

• Upvote 1

correct, ^^^^

could you imagine, a world cup were black or ethnic players were subjected to racist abuse throughout the tornament

Russia getting it isn't a complete par on itself, but the racism thing is a huge problem,

the fact that England haven't had it since 66 and certain other Countries have had it twice within that time is a joke,

especially seeing as since 92-93 we've had the infastructure and demand to put on a tournament that would rival any in the history.

allow 2032 being the next possible time England would get a shout,

allow Mexico holding the tournament twice since England have.

• Upvote 1