Champions League Quarter Finals

Guest FA23

Guest Portuguese

After watching the game againWell, can't say I was expecting a 4-0 but will gladly take it. feels a little empty since the entire match was conditioned by the red card to Crouch. I still think we would have won but everyone would expect us to win against 10 men. I don't think we have had one of those really tense CL matches yet and we will certainly be in for one against Barcelona if we both make it to the semis. Have to give it up to Adebayor as he really looked up for this game, first time I've been really impressed with him since he arrived but hey he appeared when it mattered the most so fair play to him. But also matches like this really show how dependent we are on Xabi Alonso. It was like night and day with him in the centre of the pitch compared to against Sporting with Khedira-Lass in midfield. Everything is easier with Alonso and his passing is just awesome. We simply cannot do without him. I thought Sergio Ramos was really good. Very professional performance by him. Got forward well, really took care of Bale (even employing the 'dark arts' body checking, etc, anything to prevent him from getting by). Khedira played well also imo. Was very good in possession of the ball and most importantly was very smart in his positioning always dropping in to help with Bale down our right hand side. Marcelo too deserves mention. Apart from behaving like a c*nt when Crouch was sent off but he was also quite good. Of course it would have been a different story if Lennon had been out there but he really didn't make any of his signature colossal f*ckups that we are used to seeing when it really counts. I wouldn't have thought it even earlier in this season (he was meh against Barcelona in November) but he really is becoming reliable in these big matches.Was not a great game from the attacking line of Ronaldo-Ozil-Di Maria apart from the two wide men getting goals in the second half (what a goal by Di Maria) but I don't think any of them are 100% fit and the accumulation of matches is, I think, taking its toll.All in all, it was a good night and a great result. I am quite sure that Spurs will go for it at White Hart Lane (what do they have to lose?) and the players will need to be up for it. I remember the Copa del Rey tie a few years back after the humiliating 6-1 in Zaragoza, we came back to the Bernabeu got an early goal and all of the sudden Zaragoza started to get unnerved. Then came the second, and the third, and the fourth. We fell short by a goal that night but the lesson should be that even seemingly insurmountable leads are not safe.

• Downvote 2

Guest Portuguese

If Shakthar can stay in the tie(a draw or even a goal down going into the second leg)then Barca are going outBarca record against Russia/Ukraine over the years is patchy1992/93 CLCSKA Moscow 1-1 BarcelonaBarcelona 2-3 CKSA Moscow1997/98 CLDynamo Kiev 3-0 BarcelonaBarcelona 0-4 Dynamo Kiev2009/10 CLBarcelona 1-2 Rubin KazanRubin Kazan 0-0 BarcelonaBarcelona won the most recent meeting at the Stade Louis II in Monaco where substitute Pedro Rodríguez's 115th-minute goal won them the UEFA Super Cup on 28 August 2009.When the clubs last met at the Camp Nou in the UEFA Champions League, Shakhtar prevailed 3-2 in their final game of the 2008/09 group stage. Olexandr Gladkiy (2) and Fernandinho scored for the visitors – their side's only three attempts on target – while Sylvinho and Sergio Busquets replied for Barcelona. That was Shakhtar's first victory in Spain but came too late to earn them qualification as they were already fixed in third place with Barcelona first. Barcelona went on to win the UEFA Champions League and Shakhtar the UEFA Cup. Shakhtar had earlier run Barcelona close at the RSC Olympiyskiy Stadium. Leading through Ilsinho's 45th-minute goal, they conceded twice in a dramatic finale as Lionel Messi equalised (87), then struck again four minutes into added time.

Even thought they smashed spurs would they be able to beat stoke away on a cold Wednesday night ?that is the important question here.

• Upvote 1

Guest Klitschko
On a side note, Adebayor should have been booked for a couple of his first touches. Even if he is just a bubby boy.
when carlton cole is your number 9
Eh?

Guest Portuguese
:D AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi dreams of signing Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid and has told Adriano Galliani to begin negotiations.Former Manchester United man Ronaldo, who arrived at Real from Old Trafford in 2009, is contracted at the Bernabeu until summer 2015. But Berlusconi has revealed his interest in the 26-year-old Portugal international, who was on target for the Spanish giants during their 4-0 Champions League thrashing of Tottenham on Tuesday evening. He said: "My dream is to have Cristiano Ronaldo in the team. I gave free rein to (AC Milan's CEO Adriano) Galliani (to start the negotiations)." Real coach Jose Mourinho says he would leave the Spanish club if Ronaldo were sold to AC Milan, though has made it clear he would not follow the forward to the San Siro. He said to Mediaset Premium: "Berlusconi wants Ronaldo? That's an impossible mission. Although football is an industry and you never know. "If Cristiano goes away, I'll go away too. But not to AC Milan, not AC Milan."

saying i fell ill be4 the game is bull**** i fell ill on sunday morning where the med team put me on anti botics, but only got worse b4 tuesbelieve me this is 1 game i did no wnt to miss and still devo now!!!! but will not be made a scapegoat saying they only knew jus b4 K O
Off Lennon's twitter.

the question is does anyone get excited watching/playing chelsea ?/will be watching barca v shaktar

• Upvote 1