THE WIRE VS. SOPRANOS

Thizz

Nah, i thought Avon kept it real.

Stringer was next wannabe Clay 'sheeeeeittt' Davis, in my opinion.

Would have supported String more in his approach if it didn't feel like he was only out for himself.

Need to watch again tho, been a long time so maybe not remembering quite right, Wire >>> Soprano's though.

Nah, i thought Avon kept it real.

Would have supported String more in his approach if it didn't feel like he was only out for himself.

Need to watch again tho, been a long time so maybe not remembering quite right, Wire >>> Soprano's though.

I can relate more to The Soprano's than The Wire but in terms of what the better show is then it has to be The Wire.

/

I'm just starting S4 EP1, but Avon got busted! Stringer had the last laugh.

Nah man no way!

They had a dream of making money & they made it.

Avon never wanted to leave the streets, for him it was all about reputation & he couldn't live with Marlo being the guy he always wanted to be - Feared!, who run the corners.

Stringer was intellectual, I agree he probably used Avon to make his money and then tried to duck out the game but them two had a strong friendship at one point, both of them were pulling in the same direction and Stringer saw the bigger picture and wanted to bring Avon into a new world outside of crime because he loved him like a brother - he tried to make them clean money and got themselves to a healthy position.

In the end their relationship broke down because they wanted two different things, you could see that in prison Stringer didn't want to hustle for his corners it was too much trouble and Avon probably felt let down, abandond with no empire to come out too which eventually he didn't because all his people were dead including his brother D'Angelo which again was Stringer trying to kill the connekt.

Yeah, Stringer saw the bigger picture, and potentially his moves would have been beneficial for everyone in the long run, maybe even everyone beyond their own organisation (i.e. the the whole pj and beyond). Avon was stubborn, but I didn't feel going behind his back was the best way to go about addressing that, after all they were close.

Stringer should have gone his separate way and Avon should have respected that decision. Obviously, this is a drama and accurate to real life because things don't play out ideally. That would've ruined the Wire though, it wouldn't have been the same show without that internal power struggle, plus it wouldn't have led to one of my favourite scenes when Omar and Mouzone take out Stringer in unison.

I really need to watch this again as I think I'm having selective memory on how I remember it.

Although I prefer Wire to Soprano's, I enjoyed both series, it's a close call for me though. It's sad watching the cycle with each season of the Wire, whilst the police are working at the top level criminals, it seems there was very little being done to stop the new stream coming through at the bottom end. Highlights the losing battle, can't remember the exact quote but one I liked was something about the war on drugs, and Herc makes some comment about wars ending.

You man forgetting that stringer got scoomed hard by clay davis, in the end he was there tryna get slim charles to pitch clay davis.

Avon knew what kind of animal marlo was thats why he was so determined to get rid of him. Man like prop joe try treat him like a son and ended up getting shot at his dining table.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nah man no way!

They had a dream of making money & they made it.

Avon never wanted to leave the streets, for him it was all about reputation & he couldn't live with Marlo being the guy he always wanted to be - Feared!, who run the corners.

Stringer was intellectual, I agree he probably used Avon to make his money and then tried to duck out the game but them two had a strong friendship at one point, both of them were pulling in the same direction and Stringer saw the bigger picture and wanted to bring Avon into a new world outside of crime because he loved him like a brother - he tried to make them clean money and got themselves to a healthy position.

In the end their relationship broke down because they wanted two different things, you could see that in prison Stringer didn't want to hustle for his corners it was too much trouble and Avon probably felt let down, abandond with no empire to come out too which eventually he didn't because all his people were dead including his brother D'Angelo which again was Stringer trying to kill the connekt.

YOU'RE FORGETTING THAT STRINGER WENT BEHIND AVON'S BACK AND STARTED DEALING WITH PROP JOE.

STRINGER WAS ALWAYS MOVING SNAKEY.

Yeah, Stringer saw the bigger picture, and potentially his moves would have been beneficial for everyone in the long run, maybe even everyone beyond their own organisation (i.e. the the whole pj and beyond). Avon was stubborn, but I didn't feel going behind his back was the best way to go about addressing that, after all they were close.

Stringer should have gone his separate way and Avon should have respected that decision. Obviously, this is a drama and accurate to real life because things don't play out ideally. That would've ruined the Wire though, it wouldn't have been the same show without that internal power struggle, plus it wouldn't have led to one of my favourite scenes when Omar and Mouzone take out Stringer in unison.

I really need to watch this again as I think I'm having selective memory on how I remember it.

Although I prefer Wire to Soprano's, I enjoyed both series, it's a close call for me though. It's sad watching the cycle with each season of the Wire, whilst the police are working at the top level criminals, it seems there was very little being done to stop the new stream coming through at the bottom end. Highlights the losing battle, can't remember the exact quote but one I liked was something about the war on drugs, and Herc makes some comment about wars ending.

Was carver still - monologue was too sick

Carver: We are an effective deterrent in the war on drugs when we are on the street.

Herc: f*ck*ng motherf*ckers up, f*ck the paperwork. Collect bodies, split heads.

Carver: Split 'em wide.

Herc: The Western district way!

Kima: You rogue motherf*ckers kill me. Fighting the war on drugs, one brutality case at a time...

Carver: You can't even call this sh*t a war.

Herc: Why not?

Wars end.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...