plus i could relate because i was basically living his life at uni

but yh i cant think of any other slight modern day contenders

if we're talkin comedy

eastbound and down

trailer park boys

both classics in their own right

the wire is easier to watch on dvd than sopranos

but sopranos was much better tv 

its the filming of sopranos seasons that hurts it, in 1 season there is like a few real life years gap in it.... whereas the wire starts at a point in a season and finishes all loose ends that season.... In sopranos there is like 18 months between series and i think 1 series is shown in 2 with a 2 year gap in it...... so it comes across like you've missed a lot if you're trying to watch it in one go

Surprised you didn't connect with any of the characters on Soprano's Yosh.

I know, never got into it so just finished it as I'd started. Felt like I'd jumped in at season 3 or something.

Will definitely re-watch soon.

Nah i'm the same I still haven't finished The Soprano's only got to the end of Season 3.

PHILLIP I MET JENNY ON XMAS EVE MATE

GOT A PICTURE WITH HER N EVERYTHIN I WAS SO BUZZING

ALREADY TOLD MY MRS I WOULD SMASH JENNY NO ISSUE IF I SAW HER

needless to say she wasnt pleased when she saw the fbook pic

i also didnt manage to smash her

chatted sooo much shit tho

• Upvote 1

PHILLIP I MET JENNY ON XMAS EVE MATE

GOT A PICTURE WITH HER N EVERYTHIN I WAS SO BUZZING

ALREADY TOLD MY MRS I WOULD SMASH JENNY NO ISSUE IF I SAW HER

needless to say she wasnt pleased when she saw the fbook pic

i also didnt manage to smash her

chatted sooo much sh*t tho

:lol:

ah man, if you'd smashed her id of hopped on a train to cov right now to buy you a beer

she's from cov randomly

same voice but without the manc twang

i was srsly so happy, got her n her mum up for a dance

went round tellin everyone in the pub but not 1 person knew what i was saying

gutted how colin is off probation doin game of thrones n she's stuck doin shit bbc3 comedies

even china is on corrie

phyco paul was on that mcdonalds advert with the step son, i also saw him on a bank advert billboard in spain

im such a geek

still randomly grab my mrs in a bear hug n jump up n down shoutin praise beee

saw this from someone i follow on twitter 

found it interesting

////

Was the wire racist? Be serious
yes! though, perhaps a little more for what it doesn't show than what it does. but... like.... look at the black characters. the one black politician with any significant screen time is hilariously corrupt and Literally has "SHEEEEIT!" as his catchphrase, the one black muslim we see (NoI, naturally) is a... hitman??? and even more unrealistically for any self-respecting black nationalist is reading... harpers??? and the atlantic???? if there's any point where david simon's rimjob of his East Coast Liberal Elite audience is sloppiest, it's there...

i basically agree with ishmael reed's take on ithttp://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2010/09/30/no_it_relies_on_clichs_about_blacks_and_drugs/

i mean, look at some other stuff- season 2, with the Hard Workin' White Workin' Class Workin' Hard To Stay Afloat. sobotka, despite basically being complicit in the deaths of a dozen(?) women, is presented as just a guy tryna get along in a way none of the drug dealers are- not to mention sobotka's role in moving unbelievably larger amounts of "product". sobotka's death is also granted a dignity rare on the show - he walks off into the horizon, knowing he will die, and it isn't shown on screen.

Clarence Royce, Norman Wilson, O'Dell Watkins, Nerese Campbell, Anthony Gray, Marla Daniels all also involved in politics and were black.

Clay Davies had that much screen time because he was corrupt that was the whole point?

That he was involved in other dealings than politics.

• Upvote 1

Clarence Royce, Norman Wilson, O'Dell Watkins, Nerese Campbell, Anthony Gray, Marla Daniels all also involved in politics and were black.

Clay Davies had that much screen time because he was corrupt that was the whole point?

That he was involved in other dealings than politics.

This tbh.