The Summer '11 Live Football Topic

Guest FA23

Anderson getting a full pre-season for pretty much the first time is a big boost. Will be a big season for him. My brother's sitting next to me drinking a beer and just said, imagine what Darren Gibson Is thinking right now, weakest centre midfield in years only 3 established CM's in the squad an msn still can't get a plane ticket to go on the tour. Imagine the moment the squad was announced an he was left out, not sure if he'd be pissed or too shocked to react in a angry way.
Sir Alex Ferguson has pointed the finger at Sunderland over the breakdown of Darron Gibson's move to the Stadium of Light. 'He was on the point of going to Sunderland and somewhere along the line, I don't know exactly when, I think Sunderland moved the goalposts. 'I suppose their job is to try and save money.'From what I can gather, they gave him an offer and then changed it. That annoyed Darren and I think he's quite right. 'If you can't trust them on day one why wait until day two?' Gibson has stayed behind rather than travel on United's pre-season tour to the United States in order to sort out his future. Ferguson added: 'Darron was undecided about what to do when we made the group up to come here - and we both felt he'd be better staying back.'He seems to be in limbo at the moment.'

_54316512_benayoun.jpg:D:D Chelsea have complained to the Malaysian FA about what they believe was racist abuse directed at Yossi Benayoun during last week's friendly.The 31-year-old Israeli was jeered each time he touched the ball in a match against a Malaysian XI on 21 July.Chelsea said: "We believe Yossi was subjected to anti-semitic abuse by a number of supporters at the game."Such behaviour is offensive, totally unacceptable and has no place in football," added a club statement.Agency reports from the match in Kuala Lumpur said the abuse directed at Benayoun - one of the few Israelis to have played in Malaysia, a country which does not recognise Israel - was anti-semitic.Continue reading the main story Having taken time to consider the issue fully, it has become apparent that a formal complaint was necessaryChelsea statement Chelsea said they did not complain at the time because they were uncertain about the reason for the abuse, but having reviewed the match have now decided it was racist."The club did not make representations at the time as it was initially unclear as to the nature of the abuse Yossi received, as several players from both teams experienced similar treatment, sometimes louder and longer," said Chelsea."However, having taken time to consider the issue fully, it has become apparent that a formal complaint was necessary."Our stay in Malaysia was, on the whole, a very positive experience for all the team travelling on the pre-season tour. "It is a shame, therefore, that the behaviour of a minority of supporters is also a memory we take away."Chelsea have one more match left on their Asian tour - against Aston Villa in Hong Kong on July 30 - before they return to England.

liverpool look awful

cole is shitgnna go back and neg anyone who ever slightly rated him.

What starting line up did they go with? An what formation are they using. Im intrigued to see how they effectivly utilise the numerous central midfield options the have
Doni, Insua, Flanagan, Kyrgiakos, Kelly, Robinson, Degen, Shelvey, Poulsen, Cole, Carroll. Subs: Jones, Wisdom, Ayala, Spearing, Coady, Kuyt, Aquilani.

What a f*ck*ng joke... Why such a poor line up?--------------------DoniFlanagan Kelly Kyrgiakos Insua----------Shelvey Poulsen--------Degen Cole Robinson---------CarrollKyrgiakos, Poulsen, Degen, Cole, Insua need to be sold...Where the f*ck were Henderson, Downing, Adam, Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Skrtel, Maxi, Aurelio?I suppose we still also have Reina, Gerrard, Lucas, Suarez to come back.Not happy.

that starting line up looks a joke, what was the point of going all th way over to Turkey to play that selection and possibly further damage squad morale with another defeat, yes i know pre-seasons primarily about fitness, but the confidence that comes from winning is second to none. what Friendlies have you's got left?

Guest M12 Part 2

Joe Cole has tekkers in abundance and at points in his Chelsea career he was fulfilling his potential. He's just not effective enough even though he has bags of ability.

Hmmm but Glen was one of the better players last year when Kenny came in
I liked Glen when Kenny went for that 5-3-2 system because his defensive obligation are naturally reduced, but obviously I doubt that will be played all season, so with a back 4 I see Kelly as the more solid option, reminds me of a young right sided Leighton Baines, attacking prowess can come later you lot have more balance upfront now

Guest Portuguese

No tekkers/No stamina always has hands on his hips(never know a professional footballer to do this motion several times during a game)