David De Gea

Mame Biram Diouf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwHZzIWBgg0

Its a shame how a few mistakes and a media anti-bandwagon can make people forget all the good preformances he's had so far.

/

I rate Lindegaard and his record looks good but other than the Benfica game he hasn't really been tested in his career against the level of teams De Gea has faced. Saying he should be our No.1 is a lil bit too premature imo.

He's made some mistakes in vital games but he's 20 years old and replacing one of the best keepers you lot have had.

Benitez said that Reina struggled a bit with making the transition from La Liga to the Prem due to the number of crosses and expected De Gea to be similar but that he thinks he's a good keeper.

He'll probably go on to be a good keeper but I'd love it if he was a taibi mk2.

/

Neuer hasn't exactly been steady at Bayern

See Fergie, in ways I rate him but in some ways I dunno...

If De Gea played for Arsenal, he'd be a ever-present and Wenger would fling the arm round and praise him at every opportunity, and everyone that criticises him would be told they are entitled to their opinion but he will prove you all wrong as he is a world class goalkeeper...

Now I aint saying Wenger's way is right cos I like the way Fergie tries to make his youngers men that will stand up for themselves, but this is the goalkeeper position & I dunno if the regular rotation works there, dropping him when in a bad run is cool and making him watch a few games from the side never hurt nobody but there doesnt seem to be any method to his madness.

Then there is the fact that he seems like a fragile soul.

Guest Portuguese

I don't think we pushed it enough.

After he came to Old Trafford and saw what our stadium and team was about we coulda speeched him I reckon.

We have no power in the transfer market it seems and that is worrying, we should have a bigger pull than we do.

Never had any power in the transfer market maybe domestically

Like I said before be happy Veron choose you lot ahead of two bigger teams

• Downvote 5

Guest whowantswhat

Casillias =/= De Gea

It's almost like watching a clone

Casillias is one of the most overrated keepers I've ever seen

He is overrated Reina's better but Iker is a game winner and world class.

Seriously is there any very good keepers anymore?

/

Valdes

Lloris

Neuer

Last season Courtois had a very very good season at Genk.

So far at Athletico , hes been doing well , but Athletico have been playing poor!

There are loads of good keepers out there , they are getting better and better.

does not really warrant the fee, not sure a goalie should ever cost that much tbh

anyway its quite unfair because he's the most exposed utd gk in well utd defence hasnt been this open since i don't remember when

sort the defence and have a permanent back 5 and we will see more confidence from him.

also needs to hit the gym and shakes if he wants to be a top gk in england you need that physical presence for those high balls and crosses as we know anything short of getting shanked in the face won't be called a foul when you play stoke, blackburn et al

Have to agree with Portugeese

That's why the biggest club in the world tag doesn't sit well with all United fans, as it's the PR men and Marketing team own this crown,

After the treble the club would mention in every press conference about how they made record profits, and how we were undisputedly the biggest club in the world and were on par with The New York Yankees,

Then Roy Keane asked for a new contract worth 55k a week, and the club started dragging it's heels, then effectively wrote to each season ticket holder an said (not in so many words) that because Roy Keane wants a new contract, season ticket prices would be going up.

Wage structure is a hindrance

Was surprised when Veron chose to come, but in reality he never wanted to leave Lazio in the first place, he was forced out.

The English factor plays a part aswel.

There's a wide and varied criteria for defining the worlds biggest club,

In all honesty, you'd be hard pressed to state a good arguement against Real Madrid being number one,

Fanbase,

History

Success

Heritage/tradition

And if you listen to every Manchester United Chief exec since the late 90's then revenue also,

Attendances.

There's probably more things aswell.

We beat Real Madrid in 1 possibly 2 of these right now and less in 2000

Real Madrid

Then you have a toss up between Milan United and Barca,

Liverpool (spit) and Juve come next,

Then Bayern.

If anyone thinks I've left out any of the criteria needed then please tell me as I probably have.