The OXLADE Appreciation Thread

CarltonLeach

i refuse to believe lansbury didn't get a loan offer from an epl team

the championship is beneath him

this tbh

After his spell at Watford with Cleverly, Newcastle and a few others teams were interested in taking him and this season Lambert wanted him back at Carrow Road..it cant be football related, must be his attitude

I dont know why hes back in that league tbh, he should be knocking on the door with Ramsey who imo hasnt shown much since hes been here.. the lad looks amazing for Wales coz they are poor but hes not made a significant impact as of yet imo

/

OX looks a good player, i hope to see him deployed more centrally, this lad can actually play football, unlike that sprinter Tj

You get the impression he doesn't like to put in a shift?

I saw him get himself about a bit at Norwich last season still.

No I use to think he was a runner, someone who it wouldn't have surprised me if he tried to base his game on David Beckham, or if he a real Gooner than Ray Parlour.

He has a good engine no doubting, but Wenger would always play him on the right, despite him wanting to play centrally. Just like Wenger played Parlour on the right and just like he has rarely played Lansbury centrally and I dont see how he gettin games on the right or how our current formation and personnel complimenting him.

But basically I dont rate his brain defensively for a central role. Despite that, Wenger has put him at right-back a few times now...

You get the impression he doesn't like to put in a shift?

I saw him get himself about a bit at Norwich last season still.

No I use to think he was a runner, someone who it wouldn't have surprised me if he tried to base his game on David Beckham, or if he a real Gooner than Ray Parlour.

He has a good engine no doubting, but Wenger would always play him on the right, despite him wanting to play centrally. Just like Wenger played Parlour on the right and just like he has rarely played Lansbury centrally and I dont see how he gettin games on the right or how that formation and personnel fitting him.

But basically I dont rate his brain defensively for a central role. Despite that, Wenger has put him at right-back a few times now...

Lansbury is good enough (or the potential) to be a central player for Arsenal, just not Wenger's kind of central midfielder.

• Downvote 1

@ TF

off topic but I couldn't help but laugh when I read this

predication well and truly on point :lol:

Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu believes Cesc Fabregas is worth at least €60 million (£52.7m) and feels that the Catalans did a great piece of business to lure the Spain international to Camp Nou on the cheap.

The 24-year-old midfielder returned to his boyhood club this summer for an initial fee of €29m (£25.4m) after an eight-year spell with Arsenal.

Bartomeu told Sport: "The transfer of Cesc was a very good deal for us. Normally his price wouldn't have been €29m, but he lowered his value by saying that he really wanted to go to Barcelona. His real price was what Arsenal initially asked. He's worth at least €60m in my opinion.

"Transfer negotiations are like poker. Ideally, nothing is leaked to the press, but that seems to be impossible because of all the parties that are involved.

"The fact that we announced in advance that we would only spend €45m [£39.5m] this summer worked to our advantage. Clubs were already well aware of our stance."

Fabregas made his official Barcelona debut in the 3-2 home win over Real Madrid in the Spanish Supercopa and has since scored in the 2-0 European Supercup victory over Porto and in the 5-0 La Liga hammering of Villarreal.

Yeah I see it the other day, to be honest I'm amazed it took this long... So long I genuinely think he wasn't mocking, he just didnt rate Cesc as much as Pep did.

Anyway our beloved chairman responded... “He is absolutely right – they did get him on the cheap. But he wanted to go back there and we respected that.” Me thinks Cesc is currently viewed in the same light as Vieira and Anelka by the board...