High paying Jobs with no Degree needed

MARVELL

It pisses me off seeing salaries of 40k for a train driver... yet people in social care jobs get fuck all.

Then start driving trains. It's the world we live in, you either play the game or let the game play you.

I'm happy with what I'm doing... I'm talking in general terms.

Besides If everyone thought like that, we wouldn't have no nurses, social workers, care assistants etc etc

There on 40k a year and still have the audacity to go on strike and ask for a better deal. Would love to egg Bob Crowe in his boat.

Trust.

I know a few people who would love to strike at any opportunity... but the only people who will be left to suffer are vulnerable people.

It pisses me off seeing salaries of 40k for a train driver... yet people in social care jobs get fuck all.

Then start driving trains. It's the world we live in, you either play the game or let the game play you.

Besides If everyone thought like that, we wouldn't have no nurses, social workers, care assistants etc etc

Footballers must piss you off

Obviously

those jobs you speak of are usually funded by government (unless its private) and we are under a conservative government not to mention that government is shrinking as we speak in the form of public sector jobs being cut to reduce government spending so based on the economics of this country that should not surprise you as its a given, we live in a capitalistic society where money talks and the people in care likely do not even have the money to afford their own care without some form of assistance hence why its government funded. Train drivers on the other hand help lots of PAYING commuters so in short the people on the train PAY their wages among other things.

This goes for anything, make the connection between how this country is run and what you are studying or working as. Its fucked up morally but its how the law of business works. To add to that most of the people in care that are looked after likely do not have RICH children paying for them to be in social care and this is where economics comes in because those same children have been taught to GET A JOB (just like most people here) rather than start a business and a job pays the bills but aint always (if ever) gonna be enough to stretch much further than ones personal desires.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

those jobs you speak of are usually funded by government (unless its private) and we are under a conservative government so based on the economics of this country that should not surprise you as its a given, we live in a capitalistic society where money talks and the people in care likely do not even have the money to afford their own care without some form of assistance hence why its government funded. Train drivers on the other hand help lots of PAYING commuters so in short the people on the train PAY their wages among other things.

This goes for anything, make the connection between how this country is run and what you are studying or working as. Its fucked up morally but its how the law of business works. To add to that most of the people in care that are looked after likely do not have RICH children paying for them to be in social care and this is where economics comes in because those same children have been taught to GET A JOB (just like most people here) rather than start a business and a job pays the bills but aint always (if ever) gonna be enough to stretch much further than ones personal desires.

Basically. .

Everyone here looking for a JOB take heed because if your parents are not that well off and you do not have a wealthy family that means its ON YOU when ya parents get old to look after them, think ya can do that with a JOB while having to pay back loans as well as your own children and afford all the other nice things you lot like? For some of us our parents are going straight to poverty and its frightening because so many of us do not see it.

I aint trying to even put a downer on it but it something all of you lot should consider especially if its just you and mum (and siblings).

No, if there were no social workers/teachers etc they'd offer better money for the job to get more people interested.

No, if there were no social workers/teachers etc they'd offer better money for the job to get more people interested.

I'm baffled aren't you just reiterating my point :/

Not every one steps into a profession because of the money... which is why there are social workers, nurses etc entering professions that are poorly paid.

But still.. there's a huge shortage of social workers but I don't see salaries going up...

Tbh you don't need a degree to get any job. Bar doctors, lawyers, architects etc where your degree is part of becomin qualified.

People need to move away from this. I'm gonna send off 100cvs and just change the company name mentality they have. You can get jobs, internships that lead to jobs and general links to opportunities just by walking into offices and talking to the right people and impressing them with your drive and hunger to learn. Too many people are quick to turn down unpaid work. "nah man can get £6 in tesco why am I working for free reh reh". What do you expect with your 2.2 from Kingston. Granted some companies take the piss but a lot of serious ones use it to gauge how hungry you are and whether it makes sense to take a gamble on you.

Sitting behind a screen and sending off dead cvs is not the only way to get a job

My girlfriends Mum worked for NHS from a low position, worked hard and worked her way up. In the end they paid half her hematology uni course now she is the department manager on 40k.

Edit: at soca:

The shortage of social workers is due to the lack of available spaces, not because positions can't be filled, the point I'm making is that driving a train is more difficult than 'social care' or perceived as being more difficult so train drivers can command a higher wage, it's supply and demand. Ur point about noble individuals entering a profession for less money means they're pushing their own wages down.

• Upvote 1

I personally do not have a problem with train drivers or their wages not even their strikes I see it as hating when people are whining about how much they get, they decided to chose the right sector, you didn't. No one here would be complaining if they was working in the same place and I dare say the people here if they were working there would be supporting their strikes and everything else same way cos it suits you and your needs and desires. It amazes me how selfish people are for their own personal gain and then when people are hard up or a tad bit jealous due to their lack of funds want to then act like a collective group of humanitarians (or *ahem* proletarians) huddling together ranting impotently about how much they think people should be paid for work they themselves cant or WONT do. You will often notice that mostly women who do data processing work with minimal skill set requirements for a living (but are on their black berry messaging links during their work hours) moan about a train drivers wages more than anyone and even those people want to be paid more and likely work in sectors that have no HARD CASH coming in.

This generations working class really don't work they turn up for a shift and then leave not realizing their job was likely created by government subsidies just to keep them OFF of the streets or the breadline/unemployment stats and freeloading but they still aint got real work that brings in GWAP.

Just an observation.

If your sector is not making loot dont hate from the sidelines on a next persons sector you likely wouldn't survive one shift, my girls dad works on the trains and services the tracks and it annoys me how people take the people that do that job for granted.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The shortage of social workers is due to the lack of available spaces, not because positions can't be filled, the point I'm making is that driving a train is more difficult than 'social care' or perceived as being more difficult so train drivers can command a higher wage, it's supply and demand. Ur point about noble individuals entering a profession for less money means they're pushing their own wages down.

pos

The shortage of social workers is not because of lack of space.. certain departments have had to close because of funding issues yes.. But, 99.9% of the time it is because nobody is interested in a stressful, undervalued and unpaid paid job and to top it off, agencies are now looking for newly qualified social workers with 2-3 years experience which has now made it hard to get a job in the social services.

The government are looking for new ways to bring more people into the profession, the only idea they can come up with is handing out bursaries and a change in the way social work is perceived in the media. :rolleyes: So they know that it's an issuing.

Tbh I don't know how an individual can perceive the job description of a train diver more difficult than someone in the social care sector.

Teaching is stressful, social work is stressful...

Obviously I can understand why jobs such as train drivers, footballers and pilots etc etc would be paid more... I'm not disputing the supply and deman theory, all I'm saying is it pisses me off lol...

• Downvote 1

I personally do not have a problem with train drivers or their wages not even their strikes I see it as hating when people are whining about how much they get, they decided to chose the right sector, you didn't. No one here would be complaining if they was working in the same place and I dare say the people here if they were working there would be supporting their strikes and everything else same way cos it suits you and your needs and desires. It amazes me how selfish people are for their own personal gain and then when people are hard up or a tad bit jealous due to their lack of funds want to then act like a collective group of humanitarians (or *ahem* proletarians) huddling together ranting impotently about how much they think people should be paid for work they themselves cant or WONT do. You will often notice that mostly women who do data processing work with minimal skill set requirements for a living (but are on their black berry messaging links during their work hours) moan about a train drivers wages more than anyone and even those people want to be paid more and likely work in sectors that have no HARD CASH coming in.

This generations working class really don't work they turn up for a shift and then leave not realizing their job was likely created by government subsidies just to keep them OFF of the streets or the breadline/unemployment stats and freeloading but they still aint got real work that brings in GWAP.

Just an observation.

If your sector is not making loot dont hate from the sidelines on a next persons sector you likely wouldn't survive one shift, my girls dad works on the trains and services the tracks and it annoys me how people take the people that do that job for granted.

If you take public transport then I'm sure you'd be pretty pissed too. We end up paying fuck loads & deal with delays and strikes so they can have better pay. Like they don't already have a good wage and perks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All the high paying jobs are all attractive and what not.

But no point going in this field for the money alone.. You can't just role in there with a 9-5 mentality awaiting your big pay at the end of the month.

Alot of these jobs are mad stressful and require some out of work hours/ Extra time.

Reminds me of back in 06-08 times when guys were gassed about IT careers and enrolling for CCNA/MCSE courses

Later dropping out after the first hurdle when the reality of the course/the job it self steps in.

• Upvote 1

why does marlo type so much? and 80% of it is just a speech usually unneeded or preaching to the choir?

//

Train drivers get that pay because its a unique career. once you train as a train driver, thats IT

you cannot after 7 years driving a train now say you want to apply for a job anywhere else apart from .........driving a train

they get reasonable wages based on the risks and responsibilites involved in the job and they have a strong union

everyone who cries about bob crow is just being jealous. most people wish they had unions as powerful as the RMT

if they want to have blue toilet paper and dont get it and want to strike..so be it. thats the power they wield

especially when their boss is on 300k or more..

social workers and teacher should be paid more but they have no strong unions to demand such so it wont happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1