Steve Jobs

Flojo

Why...

apple has lost its creative direction. no steve jobs = some seriously bad decisions are going to be made once his ideas he left them have run out... stock prices will drop back to what they was a few years ago.

I am very sure they have had a roadmap laid out for the next 5-7 years

how can you have a road map for over a year when tech moves so fast and they release a new product for EACH category about once a year ???

?

Why...

apple has lost its creative direction. no steve jobs = some seriously bad decisions are going to be made once his ideas he left them have run out... stock prices will drop back to what they was a few years ago.

how can you have a road map for over a year when tech moves so fast and they release a new product for EACH category about once a year ???

?

Ok maybe not 5-7, but in the short term they will be fine

Being the biggest company in the world I am very their R&D dept is "insanely great"lol

dunno about all that ur goin on about

are you sayin all products you have are free on conflict minerals?

are you saying every single thing you own was not made in a sweatshop? ur old gadgets n electronic devices didnt end up by a lake in Nigeria poisoning children day and night?

until u say all that i aint really listenin to what ur sayin

but that doesn't affect the logic behind his argument

sometimes hypocrites talk sense, just because they don't live by their own words, doesn't mean their words are of no value

• Upvote 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1367481/Apples-Jonathan-Ive-How-did-British-polytechnic-graduate-design-genius.html

How did a British polytechnic graduate become the design genius behind £200billion Apple?

As well as both being famous British exports, Jonathan Paul Ive and David Beckham have something else in common: they both went to Chingford foundation school

Apple are in good hands with this guy. The one that designed their products.

• Upvote 2

Why...

?

This should answer your question...

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/06/steve-jobs-legacy-to-live-on-in-apple-university/

Why...

?

http://www.macrumors...ple-university/

Sounds like the nurturing of future competition. Bad move.

• Upvote 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1367481/Apples-Jonathan-Ive-How-did-British-polytechnic-graduate-design-genius.html

How did a British polytechnic graduate become the design genius behind £200billion Apple?

As well as both being famous British exports, Jonathan Paul Ive and David Beckham have something else in common: they both went to Chingford foundation school

Apple are in good hands with this guy. The one that designed their products.

Really interesting read. Pos.

Why...

?

Thats not necessarily a bad thing.. for consumers

Why...

?

true but dont forget competition breeds innovation

the consumer can only win

no one is even saying not to own these things because they have conflict minerals nor am im saying people are wrong for having them what i am saying is the overwhelming concern for steve jobs MORE than the people who suffered is just odd to me.

thats the main point, it was me that pointed out most of the things we use have these things in them. There is no hypocrisy in it, my argument is based around how much of the wealth do the people of the congo get from this? better still if apple is such a lucrative business why can they not have a hand in STOPPING what is going on in the congo?

THAT is my argument, merely dismissing this because we all have such products is like dismissing a woman is a whore because we have a sister who may be a whore.

but that doesn't affect the logic behind his argument

sometimes hypocrites talk sense, just because they don't live by their own words, doesn't mean their words are of no value

i am assuming you mean me, what words am I saying to live by though?

are you under the assumption I am saying we should all throw our phones away because of conflict minerals? cos believe me I am not. The very tools i used to find this information have said minerals in them so I am under no illusion on that.

Most people do not even know about this kind of thing and that included me when I found out. I have a new attitude to this kind of thing now though, I have made a pledge to not purchase a smart phone again until I have made a decent phone ap that can make money and then based on the infrastructure of such a business idea I could maybe do something that involves me networking with people in the congo so they can get something back. This is very small in comparison but its the least I can do. I am not saying anyone has to do that themselves either its a case of what do you do once information like this is presented to you. Do you carry on as you were or do you TRY to do something about it the best way you know how? I am of the latter and its just a difference of opinion really.

no one is even saying not to own these things because they have conflict minerals nor am im saying people are wrong for having them what i am saying is the overwhelming concern for steve jobs MORE than the people who suffered is just odd to me.

I see your point but I've never seen it as appropriate to highlight something bad in the midst of someone's death, it's just in bad taste

If you gave a fuck about the people in Congo who're suffering then do something about it, don't try and belittle someone's demise by mentioning it once then forgetting about it (I'm speaking generally, I don't know if you do or don't do things for DRC)

I see your point but I've never seen it as appropriate to highlight something bad in the midst of someone's death, it's just in bad taste

If you gave a fuck about the people in Congo who're suffering then do something about it, don't try and belittle someone's demise by mentioning it once then forgetting about it (I'm speaking generally, I don't know if you do or don't do things for DRC)

who have I belittled exactly?

I find my actions appropriate I didnt wish death on him but why should I not use the publicity to also plug a somewhat downplayed but IMPORTANT fact? out of respect for steve jobs? cool but what about respect for those in the congo?

again no one is belittling anyone and as for bad taste............................................... This is vip2 forums lets be serious here.

That's what I'm saying, 364 days a year you don't give the people in the Congo a second thought (again, generally) but when a someone dies people decide that they're freedom fighters for all these causes that they otherwise don't care about but will bleat on to make a point that doesn't need to be made. The man is dead, the argument would be valid if he was alive, but he's not, and no one on here mentioned it when he was alive either as far as I know

I'm not even saying it on a Capt. Save-a-Jobs ting it's just annoying when people think they're being clever or subversive on a whim

That's what I'm saying, 364 days a year you don't give the people in the Congo a second thought (again, generally) but when a someone dies people decide that they're freedom fighters for all these causes that they otherwise don't care about but will bleat on to make a point that doesn't need to be made. The man is dead, the argument would be valid if he was alive, but he's not, and no one on here mentioned it when he was alive either as far as I know

I'm not even saying it on a Capt. Save-a-Jobs ting it's just annoying when people think they're being clever or subversive on a whim

actually thats false (in my case)

when you become enlightened on something you speak on it, you do not decide to remain silent on the issue just because you didnt feel that way yesterday, I could understand if i came here sending for people face off style but you have not seen me do that have you?

as for freedom fighters that a bit of an exaggeration do you not think? not to mention an unnecessary generalization. Its not like I came her cursing the guy saying the white man is the devil is it? (for the record i have come across THAT even in my direction and that is where your thoughts here would have been well received by me if you were addressing those people but I understand you are being general which is cool). Whats more I have been speaking on the congo way before he was dead but it wasnt something I noticed that could be aligned with anything discussed previously on this forum when I started posting again.

In short its one of those things that gonna come up and it comes part and parcel with the legacy of Steve Jobs and I dare say even he knew that hence his interview. Whats more I personally care more about THAT issue of the congo more than I do of what has happened to Steve Jobs, just like I am sure Steve Jobs was more concerned with his profit margins more than the issues of dealing with conflict minerals. This does not mean I wish death on the man it doesn't even mean I do not like him its not slander its legitimate scrutiny which may come across as thought provoking but something that some of us wants to be said because they find it more important than showing respect to a man they do not even know or care about.

The irony is when people had issues with apple products thats when the SLANDER was okay, go figure.

I'm not even really talking about you tbh brah, that's why I said generally, cuz most people having a pop are like I said jumping on a bandwagon in an attempt to be subversive

But fair dues

I understand you fully it happened to me just the other day, some afrocentric clown pretty much said I have the blood of the people in the congo on my hands because they saw a picture of my x box on facebook.

*shrugs shoulders*

i know you wasnt talking to me you did say general but i guess the problem is said people do not know how to communicate with people with opposing opinions effectively.

thats the main point, it was me that pointed out most of the things we use have these things in them. There is no hypocrisy in it, my argument is based around how much of the wealth do the people of the congo get from this? better still if apple is such a lucrative business why can they not have a hand in STOPPING what is going on in the congo?

THAT is my argument, merely dismissing this because we all have such products is like dismissing a woman is a whore because we have a sister who may be a whore.

how come you never talked about this before though? have you ever expressed a concern about conflict materials?

or is it not just tokenism sympathy?

why should apple care more about the congo than the congolese murdering their own brothers and sisters?

however valid your points may be its still misplaced tokenism. probably an even bigger insult to the plight of those who suffered

• Upvote 1