John Terry & Anton Ferdinand Racism Row

Fighting Weight

So if he says 'I didn't call you a black c*nt' that obviously implies he was responding to Ferdinand accusing him.

Yes of course.

But Ferdinand hasn't said much, well not enough to form an opinion.

If Ferdinand had said what him and John Terry were talking about prior then we could atleast argue if it sounded like "don't call me a black c*nt".

We have nothing to really go on.

I dont think your getting it

what don's saying is if ferdinand has said he never heard terry call him a "black c*nt" then that means there would be no need for terry to reply "i didnt call you a black c*nt"

slash even if you disregard that lol @ not realising the way the words black and c*nt rolled off terrys tongue without the slightest hesitation indicates this is language he clearly uses casj

sorry but suarez defence>>>>>>>terrys

lol I ain't saying John Terry don't sit at home and use them words when he is boxing off his wife's BBQ chicken normal.

But I am saying we can't tell what John Terry said before the racial element.

Because of that how can we speculate too much?

Yes Anton Ferdinand said he never heard the racial abuse but that is why I also said maybe John Terry misheard and responded wrongly.

Without ANY dialogue between the 2 we have nothing to go on, just reputation.

The Suarez case had enough dialogue and body actions to read between the lines imo.

Flo jo you said the evidence is there for everyone to see,

What evidence would that be? The same video that's been shown a million times since, when Terry claims that he was (well everyone knows what he claims) from that piece of evidence people have defended Terry by saying ohh look he is clearly saying shat he said he was saying, and obviously people are also using it to confirm his guilt, this to me tells us that that video is somewhat unclear,

Just like the Suarez case it'll be interesting to see what is said when the case is heard, then it'd be easier to piece together what has gone on.

For the record I can easily see Terry saying it and I'm not attempting to defend him as a person or his character, but that Video, I.e the only piece of evidence we've had access to, does not prove his guilt sadly.

However maybe I've missunderstood the whole thing an there's more to this case than that video

The evidence is the video of him saying black c*nt.

He admitted that's what he is saying but his excuse is that he was saying 'I didn't call you a black c*nt' which I've already pointed out doesn't make sense given that Ferdinand didn't accuse him of saying that.

The only interesting thing about the Suarez case was how much of a farce it was, nobody was interested in piecing anything together. Language barrier, cultural difference, no witnesses , lack of evidence, admitted lies all ignored because a scapegoat was needed. The only saving grace for Terry is that he'll be in a real court rather than a kangaroo one so he might actually receive a fair trial.

people are also forgetting there is unseen footage. if this other footage wasn't conclusive or clear they would have never sent it to court.

you get the impression that Anton would have let this slid if the member of public hadn't reported it, which probs says more about Anton then it does about Terry tbh

but yeah, it's been handled pretty badly this - but will be interesting to see if the FA punish Terry further if he's found guilty in court (not even sure they can do that?)

He admitted that's what he is saying but his excuse is that he was saying 'I didn't call you a black c*nt' which I've already pointed out doesn't make sense given that Ferdinand didn't accuse him of saying that.

You don't know what Ferdinand said to him though.

It could have sounded like "don't call me a black c*nt".

The only interesting thing about the Suarez case was how much of a farce it was, nobody was interested in piecing anything together. Language barrier, cultural difference, no witnesses , lack of evidence, admitted lies all ignored because a scapegoat was needed. The only saving grace for Terry is that he'll be in a real court rather than a kangaroo one so he might actually receive a fair trial.

The FA went to great pains to try and piece the Suarez case together.

The reason Suarez fell on his face is because he claimed to have only used a word once when Evra's actions and demeanor clearly showed that not to be the case.

I even pointed out to you where you had the chronological order of events wrong.

You tried to put far more of it on Evra than was actually true.

This is the video

http://www.footballtube.com/football-videos/england-premier-league-match-of-the-day-23-oct-2011-2-3?search=match+of+the+day+23+oct

Starts at 6:00

1st you can see it goes out for a throw.

When the throw comes in Anton Ferdinand pushes Terry and Terry calls for a foul.

When Ashley Cole has the ball Anton Ferdinand pushes Terry again.

When the play stops Ferdinand and Terry square up.

The Ref comes in and Anton shouts something at Terry.

Terry runs back and shouts something at Ferdinand and Cole walks in the way.

You don't know what Ferdinand said to him though.

It could have sounded like "don't call me a black c*nt".

"f*ck off Anton I'll do your missus from back and front"

"Do you think I'm Wayne Bridge you daft c*nt?"

"What?!? No I didn't call you a black c*nt!"

Probably something along those lines the scummy prick.

The FA went to great pains to try and piece the Suarez case together.

The reason Suarez fell on his face is because he claimed to have only used a word once when Evra's actions and demeanor clearly showed that not to be the case.

I even pointed out to you where you had the chronological order of events wrong.

You tried to put far more of it on Evra than was actually true.

:lmao:

"His demeanour and actions showed that not to be the case", There was no video evidence as Evra claimed so lets use his reaction to a word he admitted he wrongly misinterpreted. Lets ignore the fact he said he was abused 10 5 times and charge him based on 7 times. Yeah?

God help anybody who ever has the misfortune of being on trial when you're picked for jury duty, although if you're a good English lad and not some nasty foreigner the evidence would be irrelevant and you'd probably give them the benefit of the doubt.

Unbelievable.

Fabio Capello disagrees with FA over Terry captaincy decision

England coach Fabio Capello says he disagrees with the Football Association's decision to strip John Terry of the national team's captaincy.

Terry, 31, was removed as captain pending his trial in July over alleged racial abuse of QPR's Anton Ferdinand.

Capello told Italy's state broadcaster RAI he "absolutely" does not agree with FA chairman David Bernstein's decision.

"I thought it was right that Terry should keep the captain's armband," he said.

Italian Capello indicated he did not believe someone should be punished by sporting authorities before a court had reached a verdict.

Terry, who lost the captaincy once previously, has entered a plea of not guilty to the charge.

Capello is free to select the Chelsea defender for the Netherlands friendly in February and the European Championship in the summer.

The FA declined to comment on Capello's remarks, but former chief executive David Davies said they would not be a surprise to his bosses.

"My understanding is that when it was discussed with Fabio Capello, who last week was in Italy, he made it clear to the chairman of the FA that that was his view," Davies told the BBC.

"Having said that, the reality is that the board of the FA had taken the decision that they had and life has gone on.

"He clearly wants to support John Terry - a guy who Fabio appointed twice to this very special job.

"He probably also wants to prevent John Terry walking away from international football altogether."

Capello, who became England coach in December 2007, is reportedly due at Wembley on Monday to speak to Bernstein.

The 65-year-old, who earns a £6m a year, is due to stand down when his contract runs out after Euro 2012.

Meanwhile, he must decide who takes over from Terry as captain, with Anton's brother Rio Ferdinand having said he does not want the role.

Central defender Rio was briefly captain after Terry lost the post following allegations about his private life, but Capello turned back to the Chelsea captain in March 2011.

Get ready for England's usual melt down before a tourney, the press are going for him.

Marcotti Gabriele Marcotti

Watched original Capello interview. Says disagrees with decision to take away JT captaincy + says he told FA chairman. HOWEVER...

...Capello also says it falls under the board's remit to decide this as it's an "ethical" question.

Oh, and Capello never said JT is still captain to me or anything like that.

Some Capello confusion may have arisen bc some Italian websites paraphrased his comments and put them in quotes. (somewhat misleadingly)

"His demeanour and actions showed that not to be the case", There was no video evidence as Evra claimed so lets use his reaction to a word he admitted he wrongly misinterpreted. Lets ignore the fact he said he was abused 10 5 times and charge him based on 7 times. Yeah?

lol your whole case was built on the wrong order of events, if you did that in court it would have been over, fact.

There was video evidence of Evra touching his knee and reacting after they spoke to the referee, there was also evidence of Suarez pinching Evra's skin.

Evra had assumed there would be evidence like the John Terry evidence, the fact John Terry was caught on camera suggests Evra was well within his rights to think Suarez would have been caught on camera aswell.

Or do you not see that?

/

I've been over the 10, 5, 7 business.

When you are retelling events or trying to remember a precise number there is nothing to say you will get it right if you have been under stress.

12 Angry Men which is the film Kompressor speaks of highlights this point.

The old man who heard the shot said it took him 15 seconds to reach the door, when the jury re-enacted the scenario they actually found it would be nearer 45 seconds.

God help anybody who ever has the misfortune of being on trial when you're picked for jury duty, although if you're a good English lad and not some nasty foreigner the evidence would be irrelevant and you'd probably give them the benefit of the doubt.

Unbelievable.

I don't actually think you have the ability to look at circumstances rationally, it's surprising because you are an intelligent guy but maybe the 2 aspects don't necessarily lend themselves to each other.

I am not saying Terry isn't guilty but I am saying it is not conclusive enough, you can't find someone guilty because you reckon they are the type of person who would do it, there is not enough from Anton Ferdinand to give us an accurate picture of what took place.

The Suarez case is different, it was Evra's word against Suarez's.

lol your whole case was built on the wrong order of events, if you did that in court it would have been over, fact.

There was video evidence of Evra touching his knee and reacting after they spoke to the referee, there was also evidence of Suarez pinching Evra's skin.

Evra had assumed there would be evidence like the John Terry evidence, the fact John Terry was caught on camera suggests Evra was well within his rights to think Suarez would have been caught on camera aswell.

Or do you not see that?

/

I've been over the 10, 5, 7 business.

When you are retelling events or trying to remember a precise number there is nothing to say you will get it right if you have been under stress.

12 Angry Men which is the film Kompressor speaks of highlights this point.

The old man who heard the shot said it took him 15 seconds to reach the door, when the jury re-enacted the scenario they actually found it would be nearer 45 seconds.

Unbelievable.

I don't actually think you have the ability to look at circumstances rationally, it's surprising because you are an intelligent guy but maybe the 2 aspects don't necessarily lend themselves to each other.

I am not saying Terry isn't guilty but I am saying it is not conclusive enough, you can't find someone guilty because you reckon they are the type of person who would do it, there is not enough from Anton Ferdinand to give us an accurate picture of what took place.

The Suarez case is different, it was Evra's word against Suarez's.

wtf

What is so hard to understand, there is more evidence against John Terry than there was against Suarez.

Evra thought there would be video evidence, Suarez stated right from the beginning there wouldn't be because it didn't happen and we know who was right.

You are missing the point so badly I'm amazed. Evra said he was abused 10 or 5 times and the FA charged Suarez with 7 with no evidence.

One case was based of one person's word vs another and the other has actual video evidence yet you're saying the former is more conclusive than the other, I'm not a legal professional but I'm pretty sure I know which would help build a stronger case for the prosecution.

I dunno but John Terry did call him a "f*ck*ng knob" after, which could suggest the previous statement wasn't an insult.

I mean why insult someone twice and they are 2 very different insults.

What is more likely?

"you black c*nt, f*ck*ng knob"

or

"I didn't call you a black c*nt, f*ck*ng knob"

Calling someone a knob is a dig at their intellect, if Terry thought Anton wrongly accused him it is reasonable enough to say he would call him stupid, dumb, a bellend or a knob.

Just a thought.

I dunno but John Terry did call him a "f*ck*ng knob" after, which could suggest the previous statement wasn't an insult.

I mean why insult someone twice and they are 2 very different insults.

What is more likely?

"you black c*nt, f*ck*ng knob"

or

"I didn't call you a black c*nt, f*ck*ng knob"

Calling someone a knob is a dig at their intellect, if Terry thought Anton wrongly accused him it is reasonable enough to say he would call him stupid, dumb, a bellend or a knob.

Just a thought.

Speechless, I have no speech

• Upvote 3