John Terry & Anton Ferdinand Racism Row

Fighting Weight

Dropped captaincy won't be enough if he's guilty. He has to be banned from the team. Every player in the team represents England.

Think he'll get separate punishment from the FA, but not separate investigation, and they'll agree with police investigation's findings.

Big up the QPR fan, since that coward Anton Ferdinand wouldn't have said shit if the fan hadn't called police.

John Terry is nearing the end of his time as a top pro anyway. The Euro's were always likely to be his last tournament, and possibly his last duty as Captain,

As public perception wasn't great already, the fall from

"grace" won't be too big.

Losing his place in the England team is meh, as to the captaincy,

Endorsements are again something he'll easily get over as he's not David Beckham or even Wayne Roobey in his levels of endorsements, or a Jack Wilshire type with a long career ahead of him.

The interesting thing will be what Chelsea do regarding his contract, however as I imagine he'll claim his innocence on the matter for ever more Chelsea will back him. So not much will probably happen there,

So I would be surprised if he's losing any sleep over this,

Only the Daily Mail!

The picture that shows the caring side of John Terry as he poses in Hamleys with a black baby

article-0-0F43D05500000578-712_634x475.jpg

This picture shows the caring side of footballer John Terry, who was happy to take some time out of his busy day to pose with a young fan.

The Chelsea player was at Hamleys toy store, in central London, today with his wife Toni, no doubt buying last-minute Christmas presents for the couple's twin children.

He was approached by a family who then asked him to pose for a picture with their baby son while another shopper captured the special moment on a mobile phone camera.

The photo comes days after the £160,000-a-week player was told he will face criminal charges over his alleged racist comments towards Queens Park Rangers player Anton Ferdinand.

Terry will appear before West London Magistrates Court on February 1 where he has been recommended for prosecution with 'a racially aggravated public order offence'.

Reacting to the news, Terry said he was disappointed but added this would be an opportunity to 'clear my name as quickly as possible'.

'I have never aimed a racist remark at anyone and count people from all races and creeds among my closest friends,' he added.

'I will fight tooth and nail to prove my innocence. I have campaigned against racism and believe there is no place for it in society.'

The maximum punishment if found guilty is a £2,500 fine and the case will not go to Crown Court.

The England captain is alleged to have called the QPR defender a 'f****** black c***' in a defeat during the Barclays Premier League match on October 23.

Terry has denied the racial attack but it did not stop him from receiving a torrent of abuse during Thursday night's game against Tottenham.

He was the victim of a number of uncomplimentary chants but ignored them and went on to emerge as the match-saver in a 1-1 draw.

The player's agent Paul Nicholls said he did not want to comment on the picture of Terry in Hamleys but did say that this type of behaviour was not out of the ordinary.

'This is not him being any different than he would normally be.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1hRTL3F1R

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Queens Park Rangers are encouraging Anton Ferdinand to shake hands with Chelsea's John Terry before Saturday's FA Cup tie, BBC Sport understands.

The pair will meet for the first time since Terry was charged with racially abusing Ferdinand in October's derby.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has appealed for calm ahead of the game at QPR's Loftus Road ground.

QPR and Chelsea are expected to issue a joint statement later this week in a bid to lower tensions around the tie.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter appeared to suggest in November that racial discrimination could be settled with a handshake, although the 75-year-old later apologised for any offence his comments may have caused.

The Chelsea skipper was charged after his side's 1-0 league defeat at Loftus Road on 23 October.

The England captain, who denies the allegations, is due to attend a hearing at West London magistrates court on 1 February.

Saturday's fourth-round game will kick off at noon, partly on the advice of police.

what a load of sh*t.

the FA need to grow a f*ck*ng spine and ban him regardless, will never happen.

kick racism out of football my f*ck*ng arse.

lol, I know you have been grown to hate Chelsea but do you really think he said something racist just plainly in the middle of the pitch?

I just don't see it.

• Downvote 3