Neymar

Mame Biram Diouf

@Yeshua

The argument for Ronaldo is flawed because we can't substantiate that with the possibility of him being better if not for the injuries.

Zidane's international career actually matches Ronaldo. They both performed in 2 World Cups, Zidane won Euro 2000, Ronaldo all-time scorer, etc. However, club performances over the years is where Zidane has been better. Winning the CL being a big part of that.

You won't find me arguing against Messi having a better club career than Zidane at all & that being a crucial argument to support Messi >>> Zidane & again, I do think Messi is the superior TALENT however, anyway we twist it, unless he replicates that for ARG, it's always going to be difficult to place him in that pantheon of all-time greats i.e. Top 5.

Zidane may not have the same level of 'talent' as the aforementioned two but where he surpasses is his general career performances over EVERY level & ultimately that's what you have to judge them on.

The sad truth I realise

Thread needs to be split

We can't be discussing possible GOATS in here

Its not 2018 yet

He is already a GOAT for the way he has completed decimated club football, you show me a footballer who gets 70 goals and near 30 assists in a season who isn't considered, a GOAT, bear in mind the likes of Puskas are up there, he was voted Best European Football Of The 20th century, ahead of Zidane, Cruyff, Beckenbauer and Platini.

If were going on international performances then the likes of Charlton, iniesta, Platini should be mentioned more regularly in these lists, but i can't for the life of me see any of them.

This thread is about Neymar

Thread needs to be split

We can't be discussing possible GOATS in here

Its not 2018 yet

He is already a GOAT for the way he has completed decimated club football, you show me a footballer who gets 70 goals and near 30 assists in a season who isn't considered, a GOAT, bear in mind the likes of Puskas are up there, he was voted Best European Football Of The 20th century, ahead of Zidane, Cruyff, Beckenbauer and Platini.

If were going on international performances then the likes of Charlton, iniesta, Platini should be mentioned more regularly in these lists, but i can't for the life of me see any of them.

This thread is about Neymar

Hes decent i guess.

Put Rui Costa in France 2006 team and could he have dragged them to the final? Hell no

They would go to the semis, it was still a good team.

And i consider Zidane a better player than Rui Costa tbh, just saying Zidanes consistency at Club level is overstated, he didn't blow away all competition in Serie A.

Zidane was ok in Serie A and had about two good seasons in La Liga

That's why he can't be seeing Maradona

"OK" and "Good". Bit harsh no?

if its a ronaldo zidane debate

one can do it on his own 

and the other can do it with ronaldo 

is what someone once said 

meaning..... ronaldo can grab the ball beat 5 man and score you a winner but zidane will need to feed it into a goalscorer like ronaldo for the winner.

meaning..... ronaldo can grab the ball beat 5 man and score you a winner but zidane will need to feed it into a goalscorer like ronaldo for the winner.

Something similar said in Bergkamps book.

"Ronaldo can be solo, Dennis is a team player who needed the others, Ronaldo didnt"

Using people arguments Iniesta should be ranked above or near Messi.

Can't argue with that.

Been in super successful sides both domestic and international.

OG Big game player.

It's hard for him because he plays club football with Messi but over time people will realise.

Iniesta >>>> Zidane

• Downvote 3

Who remembers when they used to boo zidane at home games when he first moved to madrid cos he wasn't doing anything tho.

The French know what the rest of the world deny.

I dont think theres a been a player this millennium that has had to drag a team like he has tbh, and that includes Gerrard (Yes I know you aint meant to mention Gerrard in the same breath).

I mean all this talk of Iniesta, CR7, R9, Messi, and Dinho, but the thing is at any time those players have been surrounded by top 5 to 10 players in the world.

Iniesta's success, though I'm more than aware how amazing he is, is team based success. He aint winning Europe without Messi and Xavi, and he aint winning world cups without Xavi and Fabregas.

CR7 had Scholes (We know what Zizou thinks of him by now), Rooney and Tevez at the peak of their powers, but hasnt even been to any major final since. (You know what I mean when I say major final, dont be douches).

Messi at club level suffers the same problem. Its harder to fail when you are surrounded by what he's been surrounded by. Put him around the likes of whatever is going on with Argentina's defence and the man looks (not quite) ordinary.

I wont argue R9 cos his talent was undeniable but you have to admit he was surrounded by greatness, especially at international level.

But look what Zidane did with players that were either over the hill or were yet to realise potentials that should have been reached years before. How has man like Ribery only just recently won Europe?

With the exception of R9, its bloody disrespectful to put these names above Zidane's. He's achieved things with teams, surrounded by players that werent on par with opposition.

Cant believe people are putting Iniesta above Zidane. SMFH 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2