Week 14 - Premier League 11/12 & UCL

User

ive seen enough to see average touch and technique but good hunger and enthusiasm

decent premier league starters for the mid table fodder in years to come

im sorry but i thought united were meant to be in theupper echelons of european football...

This is what I'm saying.

I'm seeing better kids coming through in the Championship/League 1.

Name names

Jennings, Zaha and Conor Wickham all have more ability than Welbeck IMO.

I also thought Febian Brandy was better than Welbeck when they were younger.

:lol:

Guest M12 Part 2

ive seen enough to see average touch and technique but good hunger and enthusiasm

decent premier league starters for the mid table fodder in years to come

im sorry but i thought united were meant to be in theupper echelons of european football...

This is what I'm saying.

I'm seeing better kids coming through in the Championship/League 1.

Name names

Jennings, Zaha and Conor Wickham all have more ability than Welbeck IMO.

I also thought Febian Brandy was better than Welbeck when they were younger.

:lol:

LMAO Connor Wickham ya knah. FACK OFF

Fabs was hard when he was younger. his injuries finished him though

LOL you do know that Welbeck can do more than run and jump don't you? (Wickham) To be fair to Wickham he can do a bit more than that, but come on bro, WHAT IS HE GOOD AT?

Zaha is as skillful as it gets here, but Welbeck had more to his game at that age.

Aint seen much of Jennings so can't comment on him.

-----------

Toney - Do you believe Welbeck to be solely an athlete, or does he have the required technical ability to perform certain skills (dragbacks etc), dribbling ability, finish/pass with either foot, pass with outside of foot. Also do you believe he has the awareness to see flicks and pull them off?

Like I said I always thought Brandy was better them times, just seemed more of a livewire, reminded me of Defoe, David Johnson was more talented if you remember him and he didn't get the break man is getting now.

He did well at Sunderland, seen a few bits of quality like the chip when he went Preston, back heel for Owen? But just don't think that is enough for us and what we are trying to do ie: match Barca.

Who would you compare him to if he reaches his full potential?

On Brandy, everyone thought he would make it, me included, he was lighting up EVERYTHING, but he was also the one most talked about. Certain man were aware of Welbeck then, but Bransy was getting all the hype. What I will stress again is that for Brandy, he filled out and was comfortable in his body far earlier than Welbeck was and this is key in Welbeck's development. Fergie knows what he's talking about in that sense. Take Zaha for example, he's pretty much physically developed at 18/19. Welbeck's only just now got to that stage, that's why I preach a bit of patience.

I'll ask you this, what would you want to see from him that would make you say he has enough for us? i.e. Score more goals? Improve on which attributes? Demonstrate which attributes? Cut out which part of his game? The only reason I ask is because I may be able to show you examples you might not have seen.

If he reaches his potential, it's a bit of a cliche, but the closest player I would compare him to is Henry (even then IF he was to reach his potential I think he would be a little different) or a kind of Berba/Hernandez hybrid as he has aspects of both of their games, but obviously not up to their standards yet.

I don't see the runs Owen had at the age to get in behind and get bare one on ones.

I don't see the magic to take on 2 or 3 man and put that far corner.

I've seen some great shots and a decent header of a ball but is that the star quality we need?

Admittedly we need a creative mid and maybe his game would come together a bit more, maybe I am making him the fall guy I just ain't happy with the lack of creativity in the whole attack right now.

We have no plan b.

Young ain't beating his man as he should which is frustrating me right now.

I don't think Jones is the answer either.

Man Utd's midfield is piss poor.

Said it before, and I'll say it again.

When you're dropping Rooney deep just to orchestrate, that's when you know you're up shit creek without a fecking paddle.

Welbeck is painfull average. Good engine, header, strength...Nothing special, Chicarito is miles better than him and even then all I see in Chicharito is a fox in the box that knows how to get in positions against the West broms and Schalkes of this world.

As was evident in his performances against better opposition last season.

Rooney, Rooney, Rooney. What can I say about this Ogre looking humanoid. He has these barren spells where he does NOTHING for 10-15 games. Come on, how can your main man have such a spell? Even when RVP isn't scoring, he's assisting. As are your Ronaldo's, Messi's and Agueros. Rooney can go from explosive to pub team in 0.5 seconds.

But as I said, United's play is woefully predictable. I expect them to drop more points within the coming weeks.

A playing style of ''Pass to the winger, run down the flank, cross'' Rinse and repeat won't cut it any more. Need a maestro behind the strikers or upfront who is dynamic enough to pull defenders away from the centre. Enter, Carrick. :lol::rofl:

Enough said.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rude

Thing about Rooney is at a time like this when Scholes is no longer your midfield sprayers you do not want Rooney upfront to accommodate your solitary striker formation, because when he is the lone man all he can thrives on is quality delivery and he lacks that ability to fashion his own chances Suarezesque.

Then kl, so you want to partner him, but then what does his role become?

He drops deep and you stick somebody upfront but now he is hardly the man to fashion chances for anybody else neither, hence he becomes an expensive ball-hungry passenger.

But either way he is going to start games, so what the fuck do you do?

Furthermore when things aren't going his way his performances are almost a sulk in themselves and he becomes double passenger and eventually a drag who receives the ball.

Only time I see him in effect is when partnered with Hernandez playing the regular flat 4-4-2 where he wingers wack it in and even so football is becoming too sophisticated for that game plan to run especially in Europe where you will get pressed so hard in the centre of the pitch your Carricks and Flethcers wont even have time to put it where they want it and successfully support Nani whilst he goes off one one.

lol said it all before

fergies team selections have cost us, his inability to make game changing decisions tactically (not talking about a sub), arrogance or poor scouting or just not taking the opposition seriously has cost us aswell. watch the basel games again, does it look like we had a game plan? i get onto wenger for not having a plan b at all but he has improved (or listened) vastly but its like Fergie is doing the exact same thing. Too much "we're Manchester United, i can play Jones and Giggs in midfield and we'll win comfortably, they're not as good as us, how can we not win"

fergie never adapts tactically, and other than an injury occuring i couldnt tell you the last time fergie switched up formation during a game (or other than him changing from 1 upfront to 2 which basically means us either going from a deafult 4-4-2 to a flexible one or vice versa)

and i just hate this whole "i've done so much for this club and football in general, how dare any fan, ex pro or media person question me" he makes some amateurish mistakes often

LOOOL @ some of the rubbish in here

like I said before its like everyone forgot from the community shield and the first 4 games of the league we played the same 11.

young-clev-anderson-nani / rooney-welbz, even people on this forum were saying "ok fergie stop risking it now play carrick or berbatov"

and the football we played was the best this club has seen since 08.. untill cleverley got injured at bolton, with fergie saying at the end of the bolton game "he wanted to give that team as much time as possible, its a shame cleverley got injured"

im not buying all this our teams rubbish talk, fuck off. Only Manchester City have a better squad than us, we will finish higher than Chelsea, arsenal, spurs & liverpool if anyone wants to put their money where their mouth is

our best team is either De Gea - fabio/evra - rio - vidic - rafael, young-clev-anderson-nani, rooney-welbeck/hernandez

or de Gea - evra/fabio - rio - vidic - rafael, welbeck-cleverley-carrick-anderson-nani, rooney/hernandez

or a couple other variations

with jones, smalling, valencia, flecther and park suitable to do a very good job

europa league is a joke ting, but i want to win it though and want to see Pogba and Ravel given games but with some class to play with. ive watched pogba, morrison, welbeck & cleverley more than 95% of people on this forum, your judging them after seeing them play with Gibson, Park and Macheda, put Cleverley, Carrick and Nani around either of pogba or morrison and you'd see what we mean.

LOL @ anyone saying they wont make it, your having a fucking laugh i promise you.

The welbeck thing is meh really. My only critique of him is that he lets his nerves get the better of him some times, if you cant see his quality then I don't know what to say. He has superb technique (dont let his nerves fool you) IF YOU HAVE WATCHED HIM SINCE THE ACADEMY TO NOW you know this, he has pace, strength, etc etc etc and has finally grew into his body.

people are going to eat their words at the end of the season, and you lot all know this anyway

oh yeah arsenal and chelsea fans your going to be fighting it out for 4th now it is now confirmed

spurs city & united in europa? lmao

top 3 certified right there

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

oh yeah also

Rooney, has been hot & cold every season for the past 5 years (except 1 season), i shall never call him world class again, or even suggest he is near that catergory.

Young, i know your missing clevz, i know this, but fuck you.. Spurs fans i apologise for my lennon bashing when it seems his old pussyol self has found its way into young

we missed Carrick & Cleverley & Anderson (oh look, they're all centre midfielders)

and lol @ what man said about Hernandez, he has had no pre-season this year and has showed improvement since he has came here whilst still showing the natural goal scoring ability he did in his first season, call it a fluke season if you wanna but i bet you he is there or there around 20 goals by the end of the season.

Young, i know your missing clevz, i know this, but fuck you.. Spurs fans i apologise for my lennon bashing when it seems his old pussyol self has found its way into young

lennon is rinsing this season :Y:

young should take some tips on how to go outside a man on the left.

Former Arsenal and Germany goalkeeper Jens Lehmann claimed the Champions League is better off without Manchester City after they were eliminated from the competition despite beating Bayern Munich 2-0.

Lehmann, working as a pundit for Germany's Sky television, could not hide his pleasure at seeing City drop into the Europa League as Napoli joined Bayern in qualification from Group A of the competition.

'Man City play very, very boring football,' he said. 'They just make their opponents fall asleep with lots of possession.

'But to be honest, that is not tactically very demanding. The way they play here is the way any amateur team plays, only not on such good grass.

'They just pack men behind the ball, have five against two and just move the ball around. The goal then just comes from a fortunate circumstance.'

Lehmann, who played in the Champions League final for Arsenal against Barcelona in 2006, albeit for only 18 minutes before being sent off, was also unimpressed by the atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium.

'There was no life in the stadium,' he said. 'It was dead.

'The fans are so quiet. You have got to say, though, that they have not got anything really to get excited about here.

'They had possession all of the time, albeit in their own half where nothing was happening.

'It is a shame because it is not typical English football. Napoli have heart and passion and I liked them. It is good that they have gone through.

'We don't want to see Manchester City in the Champions League.'

Our Jens >>>>>>>>>

• Upvote 1