Arsenal Jan Transfer Window

gemma

Stevenage have extended the loan of Arsenal's Chuks Aneke until the end of the season after the striker showed good form this year. Aneke initially joined the League One club on a month's loan in December, but after impressing in his five appearances he will now stay with the club for the rest of the season.

“For me, England was the country of rhythm, speed, commitment and beautiful game, a country for me," Toure told L'Equipe.

"But I always wanted to go to Arsenal and this is the missed appointment in my career.”

"It was a great disappointment," said Toure.

"There was a proposal from PSG, but it was not done because the PSG would pay in several times. Donetsk paid in one. I had to accept. I was young and I wanted to try another challenge. I had a test at Arsenal, but I have not had the opportunity to go there because I could not get work permits.

"[in 2006] Lyon was manifested, but I dreamed of signing for Arsenal to rejoin my brother Kolo and Arsene Wenger, whose [Jean-Marc] Guillou is the spiritual father. But it did not. And I landed in Monaco."

/

Interesting fact of the day:

Out of the top 5 European Leagues, Xavi and Yaya Toure are the only midfielders to have made more successful passes than Mikel Arteta.

arsenal transfer policy is just baffling

you got 3 gk's one you tried to erase off the face of the earth and now he's back as no.2

norwich wanted lansbury, played there last year. we cancel it and then loan him to west ham in the championship :? when he could have learnt much more in a good nowich side in the prem

miyachi rotting in the reserves for the whole season, if he's not good enough loan him again to a prem team

worst of all...waited 18 months and ignored other strikers in order to secure marouane chamakh lol

The whole squad just reeks of bad decisions, panic buys, cut corners and crap players on high wages.

Chamakh, Park, Almunia, Rosicky, Squillaci to nane a few should be no where near our club, let alone first team. I'll even throw Henry in there.

Then you have Theo and Arshavin horribly off form but are starters because we have no one else. They better not give that c*nt the 85k he wants.

Zero creativity in the final third. Mata and Hazard (not to mention a few others) were genuine options but nah we can't afford that sh*t even though we are are top 5 richest clubs in the world? f*ck outta here.

Pinning all our hopes on Wilshere and to a lesser extent Ramsey is insane.

Come the summer we'll be saying the exact same thing we have been saying for the past few summers, so and so need to go, him and this one need to come in. Problem is who will pay their over inflated wages.

Everything is becoming boring but f*ck*ng hell off load some of these shits!

To see some of these in Arsenal shirts not putting in effort makes me sick.

The squad players are happy to pick up their wages and even more happy when daddy Wenger keeps them somewhat in the mix.

These man should be parked up. Yes they gonna happily take there wages and do nothing, but rather that then them f*ck up the team.

We made criminal mistakes on signing them, sh*t happens/moves dont work out/panic/budget buying, but its more criminial that we dont move on from them... You can't wait for them to move on.

He's become more of a runner than tekkers. But trust he put in a SHIFT today.

These starters we have, even when all fit, should have been the kind of SQUAD players we had years ago. I don't think I can explain myself any better than that.

Van Persie, Song, Sagna, TV5, Kos, S13S, should be the ONLY first teamers. The rest of the positions should be BETTER quality and calibre. The rest of them should be fighting for a place (on the bench in most cases).

• Upvote 2

The issue is the ranking/wages system. It always has been...

Lets forget the fact we can't finish off deals/have no money, whatever...

Arshavin still plays while Miyaichi looks on.

Miyaichi cant do what he did at Feyenoord, and then get no chances.

Miyiachi will walk out the door again this month (on loan) before Arshavin... and its baffling, Oxlade will sit in the stands when Gervinho returns, Benayoun will get ignored over Arshavin.

I dont wanna pick just on Arshavin, nor do I think Chamberlain should play week in, week out but this is something Wenger has done for a while, did it with Denilson and others. At the start of the season I said Fergie will make his squad depth seem bigger as he'll throw the kids in at the start of the season to blood in and then he'll pull them out for the more traditional squad players who will have re-found their hunger watching on.

Let forget that we have no fit left-back or right-backs, but we are a injury/suspension from Squillaci playing again, this guy along with Almunia and Denilson must never play for us again. I can not stress that enough. Now this window CBs will move, last summer Wenger wanted two domestic based CBs, we signed Mertesacker (not domestic based) cos we couldnt do deals on Cahill or Samba... Cahill has moved for 7m... Samba wants to leave and our name isnt even being mentioned... While the Squid sits on the bench, I could understand if two of your "four international" CBs were onlookers but they playing out of position & there question marks ove at least one of them. Then lets not forget Jenkinson was never the guy to back-up Sagna anyway so even when he comes back fit he aint ideal, effectively just another Yennaris. Gibbs same as Rosicky not a bad player and I'm in no rush to kick him out but there both a waste of time cos they can't stay fit.

The issue is the ranking/wages system. It always has been...

Lets forget the fact we can't finish off deals/have no money, whatever...

Arshavin still plays while Miyaichi looks on.

Miyaichi cant do what he did at Feyenoord, and then get no chances.

Miyiachi will walk out the door again this month (on loan) before Arshavin... and its baffling, Oxlade will sit in the stands when Gervinho returns, Benayoun will get ignored over Arshavin.

I dont wanna pick just on Arshavin, nor do I think Chamberlain should play week in, week out but this is something Wenger has done for a while, did it with Denilson and others. At the start of the season I said Fergie will make his squad depth seem bigger as he'll throw the kids in at the start of the season to blood in and then he'll pull them out for the more traditional squad players who will have re-found their hunger watching on.

Let forget that we have no fit left-back or right-backs, but we are a injury/suspension from Squillaci playing again, this guy along with Almunia and Denilson must never play for us again. I can not stress that enough. Now this window CBs will move, last summer Wenger wanted two domestic based CBs, we signed Mertesacker (not domestic based) cos we couldnt do deals on Cahill or Samba... Cahill has moved for 7m... Samba wants to leave and our name isnt even being mentioned... While the Squid sits on the bench, I could understand if two of your "four international" CBs were onlookers but they playing out of position & there question marks ove at least one of them. Then lets not forget Jenkinson was never the guy to back-up Sagna anyway so even when he comes back fit he aint ideal, effectively just another Yennaris. Gibbs same as Rosicky not a bad player and I'm in no rush to kick him out but there both a waste of time cos they can't stay fit.

Pain

Rosicky did very well today but that still doesn't take away that he's not the same player he once was.

http://www1.skysport...future-in-doubt

Tomas Rosicky's agent, Pavel Paska, has travelled to London for talks with Arsene Wenger over the player's future.

The Czech Republicspacer.gif international has only started five league games for Arsenalspacer.gif this season and is out of contract in the summer.

He has been linked with a move to Fulhamspacer.gif and Wolfsburgspacer.gif but his agent has denied any talks have been held with other clubs.

"Fulham is just press speculation," said Paska.

"I am now going to have a meeting with Arsen Wenger but won't comment on anything before that. I don't like to give any prognosis to the press.

"I react on facts and that means I will express myself only when we know the result of this meeting."

Rather Arshavin gone tbh