Suarez found guilty of racially abusing evra

Guest petercrotch

It's widely reported he racially abused Evra too... That he said it ten times... and it's now a fact that he has been charged and then found guilty of said act.

Let me flip this just for a second, what punishment do you think Suarez should have got?

It's reported what he said, English people are interpreting it as racist abuse and because "our standards are so high because we have such a multicultural society and such a multicultural game" his culture and his language are being ignored as context. It's a typically British response, we know best so we don't need to take into account the funny country you come from. The article Q posted 'Hypocrisy the English Disease' sums up this whole situation perfectly.

I don't think Suarez should have been punished full stop, but if he is to be punished Evra is due exactly the same punishment.

Again if Carragher said to Drogba 'Don't touch me you African' would people think that was ok?

It's widely reported he racially abused Evra too... That he said it ten times... and it's now a fact that he has been charged and then found guilty of said act.

Let me flip this just for a second, what punishment do you think Suarez should have got?

It's reported what he said, English people are interpreting it as racist abuse and because "our standards are so high because we have such a multicultural society and such a multicultural game" his culture and his language are being ignored as context.

Tbh if you come to a different country you need to understand what is culturally acceptable in that country.

What you do and what swings in your own backyard is irrelevant when you step on another continent.

Dunno how dumb you'd have to be not to realise that.

Come like those english people who go to muslim countries on holiday and end up in jail for things that are totally fine and acceptable to do in their own culutre.

Saurez is an adult if he doesn't or didn't understand that then i can only imagine how hard life is going to be for him here.

• Upvote 1

It's reported what he said, English people are interpreting it as racist abuse and because "our standards are so high because we have such a multicultural society and such a multicultural game" his culture and his language are being ignored as context.

Tbh if you come to a different country you need to understand what is culturally acceptable in that country.

What you do and what swings in your own backyard is irrelevant when you step on another continent.

Come like those english people who go to muslim countries on holiday and end up in jail for things that are totally fine and acceptable to do in their own culutre.

Saurez is an adult if he doesn't or didn't understand that then i can only imagine how hard life is going to be for him here.

So what you're effectively saying is that it isn't acceptable to speak another language in this country. The conversation was initiated by Evra in Spanish so the the meaning of the words are in Spanish.

you don't speak in Spanish and then take offence in english unless you're a fucking idiot.

It's reported what he said, English people are interpreting it as racist abuse and because "our standards are so high because we have such a multicultural society and such a multicultural game" his culture and his language are being ignored as context. It's a typically British response, we know best so we don't need to take into account the funny country you come from. The article Q posted 'Hypocrisy the English Disease' sums up this whole situation perfectly.

I don't think Suarez should have been punished full stop, but if he is to be punished Evra is due exactly the same punishment.

Again if Carragher said to Drogba 'Don't touch me you African' would people think that was ok?

British response... The first response, comes from a FRENCHMAN.

So no punishment at all, just sweep it under the carpet yeah? Lol man didnt even say warning over further conduct. to think people say Arsenal fans are deluded...

• Upvote 1

So what you're effectively saying is that it isn't acceptable to speak another language in this country. The conversation was initiated by Evra in Spanish so the the meaning of the words are in Spanish.

you don't speak in Spanish and then take offence in english unless you're a fucking idiot.

An insult is an insult no matter what language its received or given in.

Suarez said something that broken down in the simplest form attacked another mans skin colour.

British response... The first response, comes from a FRENCHMAN.

So no punishment at all, just sweep it under the carpet yeah? Lol man didnt even say warning over further conduct. to think people say Arsenal fans are deluded...

I noticed you ignored the question about 'don't touch me you african' again?

You're talking about sweeping things under the carpet yet you don't seem bothered by Evra breaking the rules himself, and he reportedly admitted it. you should work for the FA.

Yeah a warning over future conduct would be sufficient but this episode has no doubt opened Suarez' eyes, I'll be surprised if he says a word on a British football pitch again.

I rate Flojo for nailing his colours to the mast and holding his own in the debate for the most part,

What he's saying about Evra saying the thing about South American probably should be looked into as there is no doubt Evra said this.

However, Flojo's inability to add a bit of balance to his arguement makes all his good points redundant as your coming across too bias,

As Ive said you've made some really good points, but things such as your defence of some of the claims made by your manager is pathetic, and also the way your club have handled the situation,

I'd expect better from a Sunday league outfit,

Other fans on here with similar points of view as you are offering more balanced arguements and so their arguements will hold more weight,

By conceding fault in certain things does not retract your defence of your player or his motives.

An insult is an insult no matter what language its received or given in.

Suarez said something that broken down in the simplest form attacked another mans skin colour.

Here's the Argentinian team wishing for Caceres to get better after he was shot by referring to him by his insulting nickname.

AhUQaP5CAAI3N7m.jpg

It isn't an insult and that is the whole point.

Flojo, I'll ask the question again, as it wasnt answered first time,

If Kieren Gibbs and Chris Smalling got into a argument on the pitch and Smalling referred to Gibbs as The N word, Gibbs not being used to hearing that word and feeling offence reported it to the FA,

What do you think would and should happen

Now Smalling and Gibbs are of the exact same race, so there are no blurred lines of whether he was being racist, he was also using language not deemed offensive where he's from.

However The FA upon hearing this would take action as they see using that sort of language on one of their pitches as unacceptable.

To say that Suarez may have used the term in the same context as the one used in Uraguay can not be ruled out,

But to say after 4 years in societies where that sort of terminology isn't accepted it isn't also possible for him to know what he was saying and who he was saying it to may cause offence also can't be ruled out.

The one thing the FA will feel is that the word used is unacceptable, therefore Suarez was gonna get done, as I said before was the punishment a little harsh based on the situation, Yes,

But the response from the club, and the already bad perception of Luiz Suarez didn't help matters, throw in the rent a quote Gus Poyet's comments and you've got a hattrick.

As I said before if this same thing had happened to Sami Hypia, the "sentence" would've been less,

View it as a case where the verdict will always be guilty but where the severity of the charge is based on Character witnesses and testimony,

The people against him could rest,

The people for him fucked up.

I rate Flojo for nailing his colours to the mast and holding his own in the debate for the most part,

What he's saying about Evra saying the thing about South American probably should be looked into as there is no doubt Evra said this.

However, Flojo's inability to add a bit of balance to his arguement makes all his good points redundant as your coming across too bias,

As Ive said you've made some really good points, but things such as your defence of some of the claims made by your manager is pathetic, and also the way your club have handled the situation,

I'd expect better from a Sunday league outfit,

Other fans on here with similar points of view as you are offering more balanced arguements and so their arguements will hold more weight,

By conceding fault in certain things does not retract your defence of your player or his motives.

I might be over compensating for the lack of objectivity shown by most people on the part of Suarez, you only have to look at the topics on here from the moment it was reported to see that he was tarred as a racist before he was even charged and people weren't willing to even factor in his culture or the language barrier.

More than anything I'm sick of people getting on there high horse, some of these football writers air there xenophobic views 24/7 365 and all of a sudden they feel qualified to comment on Suarez for what i believe was a breakdown in communication but when it was Ron Atkinson calling Desailly 'a lazy fucking nigger' these same people were lining up to defend him.

His motive is what is the most important thing in this whole issue to me and I don't think he meant to offend or insult Evra.

He could have lied and got away with it because there were no witnesses. The fact he admitted what was said speaks volumes to me but most people just seem to be ignoring it.

There are so many factors in this situation that make it quite complexed that are being ignored because people want it to be black and white.

Its all based on the context of a situation though, dunno why your finding that part so hard to understand.

Yes it is and i'm not struggling to understand the context of the situation, that is actually what I'm begging for people to acknowledge.

The language is part of the context, his culture is part of the context, what he was responding to is also part of the context and not just the fact they were arguing on a football pitch.

People keep saying because they were arguing it's proof he meant it offensively, but we're talking about a word that is used in a similar way to mate or pal.

I've said 'whatever mate' when some d*ckhead trying to give me shit on a football pitch. He isn't my mate.

I don't understand how people who use a language with as many nuances as the english language can see things so black and white when you've got people from another continent explaining it isn't as it seems.

If Kieren Gibbs and Chris Smalling got into a argument on the pitch and Smalling referred to Gibbs as The N word, Gibbs not being used to hearing that word and feeling offence reported it to the FA,

Now Smalling and Gibbs are of the exact same race, so there are no blurred lines of whether he was being racist, he was also using language not deemed offensive where he's from.

However The FA upon hearing this would take action as they see using that sort of language on one of their pitches as unacceptable.

I reckon they'd push for this to be handled internally rather than for it to go public.

The thing about the language being unacceptable on a pitch is interesting because one of the papers said today that Suarez got 2 games for using insulting language and 6 for referring to Evra's race.

Now Evra admitted he insulted Suarez so how does he not get a 2 game ban? Also if Suarez gets a 2 game ban for insulting language how is it I see players telling the ref never mind fellow players to fuck off in nearly every game I watch.

The FA have completely ballsed this up.

It's almost a shame that due to being a former player, a lot of his followers are Liverpool fans,

And due to the total an utter fuck up by your management team in relation to this your fans have come out all guns blazing an in essence it has brought the racist element to the fore,

This is why your club needed to deal with this in a much better way!

At the start of this thread I said the response and abuse Evra gets next time he's at Anfield will be very interesting to see.

From the start of this Saga Collymore has received vile abuse from Liverpool fans, who have just taken the opportunity to air their bigoted views, the comments coming out of your club have only made this worse.

Those "us against the world" t-shirts and comments from your manager is all the excuse these people need,

Where are your PR team, or is your PR team Kenny Dalgliesh?

I reckon they'd push for this to be handled internally rather than for it to go public.

The thing about the language being unacceptable on a pitch is interesting because one of the papers said today that Suarez got 2 games for using insulting language and 6 for referring to Evra's race.

Now Evra admitted he insulted Suarez so how does he not get a 2 game ban? Also if Suarez gets a 2 game ban for insulting language how is it I see players telling the ref never mind fellow players to fuck off in nearly every game I watch.

The FA have completely ballsed this up.

On your final point, Suarez said he never heard the insult do couldn't complain earlier, however now heband the club are aware I would expect a complaint, and a charge and a relevant ban,

However an important factor in this would be whether Evra made the comment before or after he felt he had been racially abused. No guesses at to when the average person would guess the comment was made.

But yh either way, the way these things usually work is, someone or a part make a complaint and the FA take it from there, unless Suarez says he took racial offence to it, the FA aren't likely to do anything.

Similarly if someone is called a c*nt on the pitch and complained about it, something would probably happen, if the accused admitted to it,

The wording of the Charge John Terry is subject to, sort of highlights this, (THE WORDING OF THE CHARGE, being something along the lines of "using offencive or derogortory language in the presence or earshot of somebody likely to take offence)

Something g like that.

This effectively means if some bloke came on the bus and started effing and blinding you could effectively get him charged,

Now as this is the law of the land, I expect the same will stand for actions on a football pitch

Club being dragged through the mud by horrible handling of the situation by the management and by a vocal minority of their support.

Kenny Dalgliesh isn't to blame solely, but he could've done a lot to deter this.

This siege mentality attempt is/was so ill advised.

I just can't get over how badly one of the biggest sports entitities in the world have dealt with this.

I'm actually in shock at how badly its been handled

Guest petercrotch

Stans doing his thing to be honest . atleast he isn't laying down like a bitch and saying sticks and stones and accepting racism . i rather him speak out and expose them and hopefully get them sacked or thrown in jail than nothing happen to them like glen johnson .