Suarez found guilty of racially abusing evra

Guest petercrotch

On the point of him being spanish and being able to verify what Suarez said, Hernandez gave an opinion on the use of the term but it was dismissed because he isn't a linguistic expert.

He wasn't a witness either.

If De Gea had heard it I'm sure his statement would have held more weight.

He would have been able to provide more light on the intent.

How would Suarez know if there was video evidence or not?

Also he never knew 1 of the players wouldn't come forward or someone in the crowd etc...

Right after the incident he said

"There is no evidence I said anything racist to him. I said nothing of the sort.

He was right so he was either confident he was evasive enough to not be caught on one of the numerous cameras filming the most watched game in the league or he was adamant that he said nothing racist.

• Downvote 2

Also he never knew 1 of the players wouldn't come forward or someone in the crowd etc...

Right after the incident he said

"There is no evidence I said anything racist to him. I said nothing of the sort.

He was right so he was either confident he was evasive enough to not be caught on one of the numerous cameras filming the most watched game in the league or he was adamant that he said nothing racist.

I don't think he is talking about video evidence, looks like he is talking in general.

He was defo confident in his evasiveness, the camera didn't catch the 1 time he did say it and he was probably banking on it.

lol you go from

My belief is Suarez only admitted to saying it because he didn't at that point know who was going to come forward as a witness or whether there was additional evidence.

to

to

I don't think he is talking about video evidence, looks like he is talking in general.

He was defo confident in his evasiveness, the camera didn't catch the 1 time he did say it and he was probably banking on it.

I think it's fair to say your mind has been made up and regardless of what the evidence does or doesn't reveal you feel Suarez is guilty.

Ok, let's forget Evra's testimony,

Just looking at Suarez's would lead any sane person to think The player should've issued an apology, as offence was obviously taken, "albeit unintentionally"

If you were a White woman working in a nursery and you called a little black child a little monkey, in a 100% playful way, the news got back to the parents somehow, they came in to talk about the incident,

You'd say sonething like this.

"ohh sorry I just didnt think about how that might come across, I use that phrase all the time with my own kids and nieces and nephews, and I can assure you I meant not offence by it, MY APOLOGIES IF ANY WAS TAKEN!!!

If Liverpool and Suarez had done this, Suarez would've got 3 games tops and a talking to,

What we got was,

"Ohh don't be silly, I use that phrase all the time, people in the child's own family probably use the phrase, there's no big deal here, SHUSH!!

Kenny's comments last night were hilarious.

"we have info that could show up the whole case, explain to the world why we've offered our unwavering support for the player, and prove his undeniable innocence, but were not telling"

Lol some playground antics.

Everytime his face comes up on Sky Sports news I reach for the remote and press record, Comedy Gold.

From the start I've said the ban was harsh, and tbh I still think it is, but because of the way the player and club reacted to the news, and laughed at the issue. The ban should've been 15 games, and the club should've been fined.

Because you've been a joke.

The fact that you guys aren't taking it ant further I.E court or appeal, makes more of a mockery.

Especially seeing as the reasoning isn't out if humility acceptance or decency, it's about commercial gain!

I walked away from OT due to that place and the people in charge putting commercial gain ahead of anything else,

However even Manchester United the commercial beast wouldn't have done this.

Your club is a total disgrace.

From start to finish, I thought after the club statement yesterday we'd get some sense from Mr Dalgliesh. As if.

• Upvote 1

If somebody lied to get you punished why are you going to issue an apology?

When did Evra's "lies" become apparent?

Coz this apology should've been issued as soon as the news came out about the complaint.

Would've watered the whole thing down, explained Suarez's side and put you in good stead with the FA as they would've seen that the club took it seriously and understood What Evra's gripe was.

And as I said. Forget Evra's testimony, based on Suarez's alone, an apology should've been issued,

If somebody lied to get you punished why are you going to issue an apology?

When did Evra's "lies" become apparent?

Coz this apology should've been issued as soon as the news came out about the complaint.

Would've watered the whole thing down, explained Suarez's side and put you in good stead with the FA as they would've seen that the club took it seriously and understood What Evra's gripe was.

And as I said. Forget Evra's testimony, based on Suarez's alone, an apology should've been issued,

His lie is apparent 5 mins after the game finished.

He said to the referee during the game 'ref he just called me a black'

He then says to Ferguson 5 mins after the game 'boss Suarez called me a nigger'

• Downvote 1

Flojo,

Are you saying that based on Suarez's version of events, that an apology us NOT needed?

Seriously,

Had Evra said what actually happened of course he was due an apology for any offence caused.

However changing what was said to make it a more serious issue is bullshit though and if it was me I wouldn't apologise.

• Downvote 4

From the start I've said the ban was harsh, and tbh I still think it is, but because of the way the player and club reacted to the news, and laughed at the issue. The ban should've been 15 games, and the club should've been fined.

Because you've been a joke.

The fact that you guys aren't taking it ant further I.E court or appeal, makes more of a mockery.

Especially seeing as the reasoning isn't out if humility acceptance or decency, it's about commercial gain!

I walked away from OT due to that place and the people in charge putting commercial gain ahead of anything else,

However even Manchester United the commercial beast wouldn't have done this.

Your club is a total disgrace.

From start to finish, I thought after the club statement yesterday we'd get some sense from Mr Dalgliesh. As if.

Had they followed through with an appeal etc I'd have had no problem with the statement they originally released but after stating you're adamant he's been wrongly done by and then backing down I have to agree with you.

It's a spineless response by the club and I wouldn't blame Suarez one bit if he said f*ck it I'm leaving.

If he was an average guy from uruguay in UK and he called a brown person negro in his work place it wouldnt be accepted, if he was an average guy from uruguay in UK and he addressed brown folk on road as negro it wouldnt be accepted and he'd likely take a lick, dont care if its a term of endearment in uruguay, ur not in uruguay and ur not talking to uruguayans.

Just smh @ flojo defending "hey, black" etc,

• Upvote 2

If he was an average guy from uruguay in UK and he called a brown person negro in his work place it wouldnt be accepted, if he was an average guy from uruguay in UK and he addressed brown folk on road as negro it wouldnt be accepted and he'd likely take a lick, dont care if its a term of endearment in uruguay, ur not in uruguay and ur not talking to uruguayans.

Read the report to at least get a basic understanding of how the term is used, i'm sick of going over the same thing over and over.

If Evra had spoke to him in English I'd agree but he didn't, he came up to Suarez and initiated a conversation in Spanish.

This incident has really brought out the Daily Mail mentality in so many ethnics, you couldn't make this sh*t up really.

If Evra had spoke to him in English I'd agree but he didn't, he came up to Suarez and initiated a conversation in Spanish.

This incident has really brought out the Daily Mail mentality in so many ethnics, you couldn't make this sh*t up really.

On the contrary, ur coming off more as a daily mail reader with this whole talk of being part of his culture etc basically like brits who go abroad and moan cos chips arent on the menu and refuse to say a word in their language, if ur in a next country u adopt their customs, in this country we dont accept the term negro as endearment so just stick to using it in uruguay or with uruguayans who find it acceptable.

• Upvote 2

On the contrary, ur coming off more as a daily mail reader with this whole talk of being part of his culture etc basically like brits who go abroad and moan cos chips arent on the menu and refuse to say a word in their language, if ur in a next country u adopt their customs, in this country we dont accept the term negro as endearment so just stick to using it in uruguay or with uruguayans who find it acceptable.

Ahaha I assume if someone initiates a conversation with you in Arabic you reply in English seen as you're in England?

He didn't start the conversation, Evra came up to him and said '"Concha de tu hermana' which translates as 'your sister's c*nt' was he adopting the English culture then?

suarez is a new player to your club not a life long member i am really not getting your loyalty to him over someone the same colour as you

the black man has suffered for centuries because of his skin colour flojo you are a coon you probably live in liverpool with your white mates just drop it you have shown what kind of man you are in the thread

• Upvote 3

I am not going to side with someone I think is lying because he's black, that's plain dumb to me and is essentially what most people are doing.

I aren't loyal to him, if he had called Evra a nigger I would have said f*ck him.

I've read Evra's account of things and i've read Suarez' and made a judgement based on that.

• Downvote 2